PDA

View Full Version : Local Shooting Took Place Yesterday

SlipknotX556
06-06-2003, 09:19 PM
Well yesterday, about 2 minutes up the road, 3 cops fired upon a suspect of a stolen car. They did not know if he had a gun, but they said he tried to run over a cop on a motorcycle, so they opened fire. The news did not release any info on the victim yesterday, but they did release some today...

The suspect was a 16yr old boy. One cop, fired 7 shots at the kid, while he was trying to get away, 3 missed, but 4 hit him. 2 in the back, 2 in the head. The other cops didnt hit him and they were trying to take out the tires. The kid is still alive, but probably will not live. After the kid was air lifted to the hospital, they searched the car and his stuff, did not find any gun or any other weapons.

yeahthatsme
06-06-2003, 09:24 PM
thats terrible.

FalconGuy016
06-06-2003, 09:29 PM
Why would you go try to KILL the person if he tried to run over you, shoot the tires... im glad the others were normal

irbodden
06-06-2003, 09:35 PM
I feel no pity for this idiot.

ASDadam
06-06-2003, 10:05 PM
I Agree, I'm sorry, but too many good cops lose their lives to idiots who think they can take on the cops. These guys risk their fricken lives everyday to help you stay safe, and when someone tries to run them down, i say tough crap. He took his chances by running away and then by trying to run over the cop. A life wasted definately, but i'd rather it be him than a cop who is a father and a husband who was trying to do his job.

govnamac
06-06-2003, 10:14 PM
I totally agree with irbodden and asdadam

SlipknotX556
06-06-2003, 10:16 PM
I also agree, but I just find it amazing how 2 shots to the back, 2 to the head and he is still alive.

Brak
06-06-2003, 10:29 PM
i thought i was the only one who thought it was miraculous that he is (or was) still alive. but seriously, try to run over a cop and you know that something like that is coming. i just feel sorry for him that since the other cops were shooting at his tired he probably could have been taken without getting shot. but you gotta do what you gotta do

Fanatic
06-06-2003, 10:37 PM
well if you try to run over any cop and miss its fellony attempted murder..that is prolly why the cops had the go ahead to use deadly force....remember that cops dont automatically get the green light to use deadly force..unless fired apon or some special cases that they feel that their own life is in danger..but they report in to get the go ahead to use it.

in this case...its a very thin line..and hard to judge cause i wasnt there...

-Jôker-
06-06-2003, 11:06 PM
back in feb a guy was pulled over somewhere around here. the guy jumped out of his car screaming and yelling and pointing around an object mistaken for a gun, the three cops on the scene each shot at the guy 5 times i think somthing like 8 shots hit him in the back killing the man. its being debated if the cops had the right to do what they did i dont see why there is a question, the gut was acting strange and pointing an object like it was a gun (which turned out to be a cell phone)

Fanatic
06-06-2003, 11:17 PM
well there are questions the can pop up like

did you get this info from hear-say or a newspaper?
was it night time?
and for the to be 3 cops...backup was called 3 or 2 cars
and not just a random stop..(you just dont call for back up for a mere traffic violation)

you cant just argue bad judgement on the cops behalf..

you have to put yourself on both places as the victim and the cops

oldsoldier
06-06-2003, 11:23 PM
Quick lesson on a shootout from a cops side;
You are taught to aim for the largest part of the body (the torso, obviously). If you say you tried to aim for, say, an arm, or ANYTHING ELSE, lawyers will eat you alive. Taking out the tires is fine; but, dont forget, cops have to account for every round fired.

1stdeadeye
06-07-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
they searched the car and his stuff, did not find any gun or any other weapons.

I think that the 3000 lb+ car is weapon enough. I can't shed a tear for the punk. If he tried to take out a cop with his vehicle then he got what he deserved. It shouldn't be too hard to prove. Look at the dash cam of all the units involved.

Uh FalconGuy,
Have you ever shot a real pistol? Shooting at a moving car is not easy, nor is aiming for the tires a cinch. It's called real life, not the A-Team!:rolleyes:

RiddalinJunkie08
06-07-2003, 09:13 AM
I think it is horrible that they shot the kid. If he was in the car why didn't they lay out spike strips or something like that. Also I'm not completly siding w/ the kid. If you mess with the cops your gonna get hurt.

1stdeadeye
06-07-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by RiddalinJunkie08
I think it is horrible that they shot the kid. If he was in the car why didn't they lay out spike strips or something like that. Also I'm not completly siding w/ the kid. If you mess with the cops your gonna get hurt.

Why no spike strips? He already tried to run over one cop, so let's have someone else stand in front of him with spike strips?:rolleyes:

Did you read his post? They shot him as he tried to flee. Why? Well if someone is stupid enough to try and take out a cop, they are not going to think much about taking out Joe Average Citizen! He had to be stopped! End of story!

Stupidity: God's remedy for the overpopulation of Earth!

FalconGuy016
06-07-2003, 10:11 AM
I think shooting the tires out on a motorcycle would not be hard, especially with three cops. Why would you try to run over a cop with a motorcycle, that is kind of stupid. Besides risking losing control, you get multiple cops who have guns angry at you. But I have a feeling we dont have the full story here

1stdeadeye
06-07-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
3 cops fired upon a suspect of a stolen car, but they said he tried to run over a cop on a motorcycle,

Hey Falcon Guy,

Bad guy had the STOLEN CAR!!!!

Cop he tried to run down was on a MOTORCYCLE!

Reading for comprehension is a good thing!:p

land hurricane
06-07-2003, 10:37 AM
hey SlipknotX556 any word on if the guy is still alive?

ASDadam
06-07-2003, 11:37 AM
Okay, really, honestly people. Have ANY of you actually shot a 9mm? Hitting a 2 foot diameter Target at 15 yards is hard enough. Try hitting the Width of a tire...say 6 inches while its moving (remember, when a motorcycle floors it, its back wheel usually sways side to side) while under extreme pressure and adrenaline flowing. It would take a Marksman to make that shot even empting his clip into the motorcycle.

-=Squid=-
06-07-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

Uh FalconGuy,
Have you ever shot a real pistol? Shooting at a moving car is not easy, nor is aiming for the tires a cinch. It's called real life, not the A-Team!:rolleyes:

Truthfully I have to disagree, pistols arent hard to shoot. And no im not talking about .22's...My dad collects handguns, and every once in a while he will take about 10 of em and we go shoot stuff. Not much kick, not hard to aim, mabe on the spot, but when the car is right next to you? How could you ACCIDENTALLY shoot SEVERAL feet high, mabe 4 feet? Now I may disagree with you on that, but the kid had it coming.

1stdeadeye
06-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by ASDadam
Okay, really, honestly people. Have ANY of you actually shot a 9mm? Hitting a 2 foot diameter Target at 15 yards is hard enough. Try hitting the Width of a tire...say 6 inches while its moving (remember, when a motorcycle floors it, its back wheel usually sways side to side) while under extreme pressure and adrenaline flowing. It would take a Marksman to make that shot even empting his clip into the motorcycle.

The bad guy was in a car and the endangered cop was on the motorcycle!

Jeez people, learn to READ!!!!

1stdeadeye
06-07-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-

Truthfully I have to disagree, pistols arent hard to shoot. And no im not talking about .22's...My dad collects handguns, and every once in a while he will take about 10 of em and we go shoot stuff. Not much kick, not hard to aim, mabe on the spot, but when the car is right next to you? How could you ACCIDENTALLY shoot SEVERAL feet high, mabe 4 feet? Now I may disagree with you on that, but the kid had it coming.

Firing with a bunch of adrenaline pumping through you it would be real easy. Also, maybe the guy was aiming for the driver, we do not know.

Also, we don't know where the car was. I can't find any details of this on the web? Where did it occur?

Sparq
06-07-2003, 02:10 PM
A few years ago around here a police officer shot and killed a man who tried to run him down with a pickup truck. One of the criminal's relatives attempted to sue the cop (or something like that). His chief argumentwas that the cop should have shot out the tires instead.

Anyway, put aside how hard it would be to hit the tires of a moving vehicle, and ask yourself...if someone is actively trying to kill you, are you going to be worried about using non-lethal force? Shooting to kill was the best way for him to protect himself. I believe the judge saw it the same way.

1stdeadeye
06-07-2003, 02:18 PM
About 8 years ago in Glassboro, NJ, a few towns over from me, we had a police officer shoot and kill an armed man chasing around his cousin with a knife. The police tried to talk him down. When he began threatening and approaching the officers they shot and killed him.

The family sued saying that the man played around with his family like that before.

The officer involved was disciplined. He received an official reprimand for allowing the knife weilding assailant to get to close to him in violation of dept policy.

The lawsuit was dismissed, but curiously the reprimand stood even after the local FOP made a big deal about it in the local paper (Gloucester County Times).

The police can't win for trying. Brave men and women if you ask me in a no-win job nowadays!

Sparq
06-07-2003, 02:30 PM
Same deal as the kid who pointed a replica handgun at an officer after being told to put the weapon down. The cop shot him in the head. I think I'd have done the same.

Automaggin2
06-07-2003, 05:06 PM
that cop must bea good shot to land 2 in the head and 2 in the back while the vehicle was moving

1stdeadeye
06-07-2003, 06:13 PM
I think it was more of an accuracy by volume thing!;)

Adam_Angel_Guy
06-07-2003, 07:47 PM
but dont forget that the cops can say what ever they wanted happened.

1stdeadeye
06-07-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Adam_Angel_Guy
but dont forget that the cops can say what ever they wanted happened.

Yes, but the tape in their dash cam can't now can it?:rolleyes:

Cops are not the criminals people. The punk stole a car, was driving around in it. I am sure he was a saint otherwise :rolleyes: and would never ever try to run down an officer.:rolleyes:

Those cops probably felt like shooting someone!:rolleyes: Yes, they were just waiting for the months of turmoil their lives will be in now, not to mention the psychological trauma to themselves!:rolleyes:

Yeah, I bet they made up the whole thing!:rolleyes: