PDA

View Full Version : Evil Omen

TDB100
06-06-2003, 10:16 PM
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone here has tried or owns a Omen. I was wondering the ROF cap, (some say 40bps) i know it doesnt really matter. Also I was wondering how it feels. (lots of blowback etc.)
Thanks,
T

hitmanng
06-07-2003, 12:53 AM
I own and have put cases through a Omen. I have never measured a BPS on it but it is faster than you will ever need. It is very adjustable from trigger pull and return to recock pressure. It has a back block like a cocker so I assume it feels similar. I hav eheard the trigger pull described as similar to a well tuned timmie but I don't really know. I can tell you is shoots straight accurately and very fast. It broke few balls and I shoot a lot of paint under the worst circumstances (senario). I would highly reccomend it to anyone. If you have any other questions let me know.
http://members.aol.com/hitmanng/paintball/omen.jpg
Hitmanng

Jimmi9999
06-07-2003, 01:09 AM
does it have an anti chop eye.

Crazy
06-07-2003, 01:38 AM
doesn't need it with the cam feed system.

WickeDKlowN
06-07-2003, 01:42 AM
Hmm... I might have to look into these...

Scorch
06-07-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by hitmanng
It broke few balls and I shoot a lot of paint under the worst circumstances (senario).

I've seen a couple with paint breaks in the breech. How does that happen with their feeding system?

Was your break in that area or a barrel break?

Scorch

WGCB31
06-07-2003, 09:10 AM
http://www.impulseownersgroup.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19073

decent review on the omen

TDB100
06-07-2003, 12:51 PM
Hey hitmanng, where did you get yours and for how much??? I know they only made a little but they should be makin more. Also, when you were chopping paint what hopper were you using? And yet another, does the block thing in the back come out pretty far, I heard it doesnt come with a beavertail. And the last question, do you thing dye stickies 3 would fit the frame? Well sorry I had so many questions.
T

Skoad
06-07-2003, 04:37 PM
i think someone had one when i played today. it was pretty fast and quieter than an ir3

hitmanng
06-08-2003, 12:40 AM
I do not think they are chops I believe they are double feeds or cracked balls from the bolt I really do not know. I do not think it could chop with the feed system but as Level ten owners know that doesn;t mean no barrel breaks just a lot less.
Hitmanng

Scorch
06-08-2003, 01:09 AM
That sounds like what Omen owners I know are saying.

One recounted a game in which he broke a ball... got a little unhinged and wailed on the trigger for a bit. He ended up having a ball stuck between the arms.

One other piece of info I found is that PMI (Evil) recommends not the HALO but EggII as the best loader. Apparently the force-feeding of the HALO will break balls on the feed arms/fingers of the Omen.

Scorch

PsychoBaller
06-08-2003, 03:58 AM
I didn't even think these were for sale yet..... what distribs. are selling them ?

Scorch
06-08-2003, 04:42 AM
I believe PMI distributes them. My local shop has had several over the last month or so.

Scorch

Halliday
06-08-2003, 04:44 AM
I saw one at the store yesterday. It really does look like a Cocker with that back block. It seemed to me that the back block came out a bit farther than a Cocker. The feed system looked odd and over-engineered for just being able to sight down the top. The trigger seemed sloppy too. The one I saw had been returned because the solinoid had come loose and the marker was not working.

Oh well.

Ov3rmind
06-08-2003, 01:11 PM
From www.pbstar.com:

http://www.paintballstar.com/events/album29/chicago_nppl_paintball_img_5266.jpg

hitmanng
06-09-2003, 11:30 AM
The trigger is mega adjustable and can be made as tight loose short or long as you want it. The one you shot may not have been set up right.
I am not sure the cam feed system was designed to move the verticle feed but to get a more consistant feed, reduce breaks and give it a closed bolt action. I did not design it though so I do not know. I think the added benifit is an offset verticle feed.
Probably the most unique feature is the adjustable recock pressure. Very strang to be setting it up but once it is set up it makes for a consistant shot and applies only the ammount of pressure needed to recock the marker.
When you use the halo on the Omen it does not chop. The balls are either in or out when it shoots. What it does is apply too much downward pressure and force the ball down so tightly that the feed system will not feed it. It just acts like you are out of balls and you have to get the balls unjammed to fire again. I understand that the halo has am adjustment screw but have not taken mine apart to find it. I have just used the revy and although the gun frequently outshoots it it just misses a ball in the stream and keeps on going.
Hitmanng

aaron_mag
06-09-2003, 02:37 PM
I don't think the back block does anything but that is only what I have heard (don't have mine yet). Yes it looks like a autococker back but that is just for looks. I'm really looking to try this baby out if I ever get off the wait list. It will not, however, replace my retromag! Planning on upgrading that to the ULE trigger and X valve!