PDA

View Full Version : Timmy or Cocker?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-07-2003, 12:33 PM
I am right now comparing:

Bob Long Dragon Intimidator
vs.
Eclipse E-Blade Autococker

Both are equal in price and look kick***. Which one is better? Please list reasons why.

-=Squid=-
06-07-2003, 01:09 PM
Personally I would say the cocker. However, I would go with an ir3...I love the way my angel feels, and angels in general. However, between the two I think that the cocker is just better made...I dont like the feel of timmys, they just feel cheap to me. You really should check out some angels though.

Mighty Mike
06-07-2003, 01:10 PM
90% of tournament players use timmys.

Sparks
06-07-2003, 01:17 PM
I'd say more like 30%. I see more of them around than anything else though. Despite the fact that I think they are not great guns. People like them because it's easy to cheat with them due to the debounce setting of the WAS board. I would take a Matrix, or the E-blade over a timmy.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-07-2003, 01:22 PM
lol isn't that a good thing for timmy users than?

Benfica4ever
06-07-2003, 01:51 PM
I would probably go with the e-blade

SlipknotX556
06-07-2003, 02:16 PM
Ok, well everyone knows what I am gonna say...

Timmy :D

But dont get a dragon, dragons have way to much milling. If you get shot in the gun, it will take you a very long time to clean the paint off. Get a TX storm, or a 2k2 and just buy a WAS board.

ugabiged88
06-07-2003, 03:35 PM
E-Blade cocker. Try both and see which one feels best to you.

irs709
06-07-2003, 05:03 PM
I STRONGLY recomend a timmy, i have lots of trouble w/ my cocker, but i love my timmy very much... i used to spend more time working on my cocker than playing.. and timmys fell great, have a lot of upgradeable parts and so on. very accurate fast and if u have a was, u basicly have unlimited rof.. i mean cockers aren't SOOOOO bad, i just dont like them to much, also a timmy is more consistant...

well if u get a timmy dont not get a dragon, i mean they look cool, but they r more of a show gun (in my opinion).
i would say get a storm if u have the $$, those things RIP and they r one of the best guns ive ever shot... but if u dont have the $$ get a 2k2 id say... well i hope u take my opinion into consideration. i really think timmies r great guns...alos i took my time to write ALL this about timmys, so that how much i like em...

-ivan

BajaBoy
06-07-2003, 05:44 PM
I would take the timmy Anyday over a cocker, for what ever reason it just feals to me that all cockers are the same. And from a 300$ cocker to an 1300$ cocker.. they work the same! i know they can run smoother and whatnot but who cares is a paintball gun.

i vote: timmy!

ugabiged88
06-07-2003, 07:10 PM
I have had my cocker for almost a year and a half now and I have had no problems with it. Why does everyone think that cockers are so hard to maintain? I oil it every once in a while and it works great for me, plus I have only had to have it re-timed once, which was when I got a hinge frame. Also, I chop a paintball about once in a case, so that is not a problem for me, like some people say.

also a timmy is more consistant

This is not true. If it is that is only because you have a more consistant regulator or tank on your timmy. My cocker with an AKA Sidewinder is +/- 2, with field paint.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-07-2003, 08:33 PM
timmy - 4
cocker - 5

...come on i need to make a descision on which gun to buy and right now it is basically equal.

SlipknotX556
06-07-2003, 10:09 PM
Trust me, get a timmy. Just trust the slippy one on this.

But if you need a better reason, I can always type on of my 20 minute reading posts, all about why to buy a timmy :).

oneshot
06-07-2003, 11:17 PM
depends how much you know about cockers? the can be complicated,

timmys are great I love mine, plus they have very little upkeep , just air up and your ready to go

electro cockers are cool too though, dragon timmys look crappy, get a lasoya , shocktech or a ironman timmy if you get one.

thecavemankevin
06-07-2003, 11:25 PM
how about this...the only bad thing about a timmy is it is slightly taller than a cocker (typically speaking)

cockers, timing issues (even though when properly timed it can stay that way for a year or so) they issues are still there

Plust they have numerous external moving parts which i personally dont care for. And something about that three way with the hoses sticking out in the air just worries me.

Bottom line, its your choice but i deffinatly say go with a timmy. They are fast becoming one of the best markers on the market.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 12:27 AM
ok i got my head turned towards the timmy right now.
but.
Which kinda timmy is good?

Storm?
Lasoya?
Ironman?
Dragon? - looks sweet to me but had some negative feedback on it.
2k2?

bunkermaster10
06-08-2003, 08:04 AM
I say get the new 03' rat impulse. They look amazing adn heard they performe amazing! And are only 700 bucks.:eek:

FreshmanBob
06-08-2003, 08:25 AM
screw 'em both and get a viking! It's faster, more efficent and better made than both those guns. Not to mention the new ones come with WAS boards and are drilled for WAS eyes (20 bucks to get a pair). They also are easily as reliable as angels, not to mention about 500 bucks cheaper. You could go for an immortal viking, or a featherlite but the waits like a month. If you dig closed bolt firing, wait a few weeks until the WAS board comes out for the excaliber and get that, then buy some eyes.

FeelTheRT
06-08-2003, 09:34 AM
you have my vote on Cocker. However if you are not cocker literate, i would strongly recommend learning how to fix them or fine tuning them to get max preformance. Timmys are nice too. They ARE the fastest guns in the world (thanx to WAS).

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 09:56 AM
*scratches head*
Lets try to keep this thread on COCKERS and TIMMYS
i'm not into impulses or vikings and excaliburs.

I have been looking for a while and the only things that pop out at me are Timmys and Cockers. Angels took my attention also but i don't dig their looks.

SlipknotX556
06-08-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
ok i got my head turned towards the timmy right now.
but.
Which kinda timmy is good?

Storm?
Lasoya?
Ironman?
Dragon? - looks sweet to me but had some negative feedback on it.
2k2?

Ok here we go...

Storm: Comes with WAS board, nice looking. 1049.00
Lasoya: I hate lasoya, so no info provided
Ironman: Comes with WAS board, your paying for milling.
Dragon: Comes with WAS board, WAY to much milling, a pain to clean.
2k2: Best of the choice, has smooth milling, then you can just buy the WAS board.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 11:01 AM
lol i'm dreaming but...

What if get my own custom timmy? my design, my name on it, etc etc.

ugabiged88
06-08-2003, 11:09 AM
Just try both, they are both good guns!

Mighty Mike
06-08-2003, 11:28 AM
If you're going to do that, you might as well buy a Timmy and an E-Blade Autococker, because that's probably how much it's going to cost you to get your own custom gun.

Go with the Timmy if you want an electro, and if you have any leftover change, buy an autococker for your backup. I own 3 cockers and they are awsome guns to shoot. Timing is pretty simple when you learn how to do it.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 11:30 AM
i own a cocker already and i know how good they are. but it is time for me to get an electric marker.

SlipknotX556
06-08-2003, 11:31 AM
You cant get your own custom timmy.

Just get a 2k2.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 11:32 AM
ok now my choices are:

Ironman
2k2
Storm
Eclipse E-Blade Autococker

descisions descisions.

SlipknotX556
06-08-2003, 11:35 AM
Ironman = to much milling, to much hassle to clean if you get shot in the gun.

Stork = To much milling

2k2 = Slippy approved

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 11:38 AM
lol hey "slippy"

if i do buy a 2k2. what kinda board does it come with?

SlipknotX556
06-08-2003, 11:39 AM
2.02 SOB Board.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 11:41 AM
now would you recommend i get a WAS board for it?

Mighty Mike
06-08-2003, 11:42 AM
i own a cocker already and i know how good they are. but it is time for me to get an electric marker.

A Lasoya Timmy is on my future "to buy" list.:)

SlipknotX556
06-08-2003, 11:44 AM
now would you recommend i get a WAS board for it?

Yes, you basically will spend the same price or less on getting a 2k2, then buying a WAS board for it. Only reason 2k2s are better, is because of their milling.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 11:48 AM
ok now another marker is currently swimming around in my mind...the E-Mag

i didn't look at it much and i don't plan on getting one unless someone can convince me to buy that instead of a timmy or cocker.

SlipknotX556
06-08-2003, 11:50 AM
Timmy... Believe me. I sold my emag for a timmy, I will never go back.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 11:58 AM
ok.

man i still got my eyes checkin out the eclipse e-blade autococker...

but then there is the timmy...

AHH I H8 THIS! .......

SlipknotX556
06-08-2003, 12:00 PM
Its not hard. Timmy.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 12:02 PM
*drool*

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 12:03 PM
*drool*...also

SlipknotX556
06-08-2003, 12:04 PM
Alright lets finish this...

How much is an Eblade Eclipse?

How much is that sexy 2k2?

Cocker = Lots of work, if you screw with it.

Timmy = Go ahead screw with it all you want, it will still work.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 12:11 PM
wow...you do got a point there...
but...have you used the eclipse e-blade cocker?

JT2002
06-08-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Sparks
I'd say more like 30%. I see more of them around than anything else though. Despite the fact that I think they are not great guns. People like them because it's easy to cheat with them due to the debounce setting of the WAS board

first of all, if you see them around more than anything else, how the heck do u figure 30%? second why are they not great guns, statements, nuttin to back em up. third, the was has a debounce setting which gets rid of trigger bounce, not creates it, and yes you can set it soo low that you get bounce but at any good respectable well setup tourny u will get ur a$$ caught with the bounce in a heartbeat, and will be graciously (sp?) awarded with negative penalty points. have fun!:D and u ppl say timmys feel cheap? why's that? they just too light for u to handle?;)

oh btw, get a timmy :rolleyes: :D

SlipknotX556
06-08-2003, 12:18 PM
Iv used basically every Ebladed cocker, let me tell you, my timmy is faster, more reliable.

JT2002
06-08-2003, 12:29 PM
yep, and also, a month ago at my local big game, i met a guy there who was using some gun, lol i forget, and his son had a cocker. anyways, he said how he has a timmy and an eblade cocker, and how, the eblade cocker is extremely fast, when it worked that is. he said even though it was quick he was always having many problems with it and that currently it was out of state getting fixed, and that when it came back he was hoping it would work lol:D so theres some eblade advice, dont get it. it tried to take a gun places where it shouldnt and was never made to be. :rolleyes: the only good electro cockers ive ever seen were teh Sandridge F5's, but that company doesnt exist anymore, so much for that.
just get ur timmy, and a was board adn you should be set, if u use a halo b, u MIGHT need to get slotted bolt, adjustable ram cap and hard detents but thats only a possibility, u might not even need those.
lata

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 12:30 PM
ok

timmy has 65% of my attention
cocker has 35% of my attention

unless someone can prove slippy wrong and the other 20 people i think i will have to go with the timmy.

so you guys got plenty of time
(it's not like i'll get the money anytime soon lol)

Anyone out there know where i can get a cheap timmy?

other than pbgear and ebay.

no offers please i like to get a BRAND NEW timmy.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 12:32 PM
ok if i am to get a timmy i might consider a halo b but first i'm gonna see how fast i can shoot the thing first cause maybe i might not even need the halo.

i'll leave everything alone...cept maybe the board. I'll get the WAS before the Halo B.

Why do i need a harder ball detent?

JT2002
06-08-2003, 12:45 PM
IF u get a halo b, u might need hard detents, but u might not. u will only need to try them out if the halo b start blowing balls past your detents before u shoot, causing balls to be double loaded, but this might not happen to u so who knows.

yes, definitely a WAS board is a MUST!! its the fastest thing out there and has the best possible eye mode, "forced", rather than teh <B>*POOF*</B> "delay" one the sob and selectfire boards have, teh was board has delay as an option, but honestly ive never even touched it

<B>*Warning: No Cussing*</B> -Miscue

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 12:51 PM
i think the detent will be fine.
the halo b pushes the ball down. there is nothing to make thaa ball move forward cept the bolt and that's when i would want it to move forward.

So the detent should be ok.

WAS is on my to buy lists if i get a timmy
Halo B is also on my to buy list

JT2002
06-08-2003, 12:58 PM
i know, its only a possibility, u will only know when u get a timmy. and the reason why a halo b can blow balls past the detents, is cuz the breech in timmys is a littly large, so when the halo b pushes balls down with pressure, if the timmys bolt is sitting a litle too far back, the ball in the breech can move that little bit backwards, or fowards, anyways what this does is cause the ball above the one in teh breech to be almost halfway loaded, this can cause the guns bolt to chop that ball, another reason why an adjustable ram cap may be on your "to buy" list too. youll need to see how the bolt lines up when u get the gun, if it is a little back past the breech when gassed up, then degass the gun, get an adjustable ram cap, and screw in that baby till the bolt sticks about i think 1/8" into the breech, which u will notice while looking down teh feed neck. this should stop all double feed and chop problems, oh and the forced eye mode on a was board helps too

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 01:00 PM
lol i'll be commin to you for my timmy problems....or slippy

bunkermaster10
06-08-2003, 01:07 PM
Are you sure you don't want to check out the new 03' rat impulse? You can get it with WAS board also. I'm just seeing what ya think.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 01:10 PM
no impulsed for me

bunkermaster10
06-08-2003, 01:10 PM
They are only 700 bucks! So that leaves you with a lot of spending money. It also comes with the freak and one insert.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 01:12 PM
if i win the lottery than i might think about it lol

JT2002
06-08-2003, 01:13 PM
ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. how much those babys runnin now? dont get me wrong impys look sweet and with was board got to be hella fast, cept i got a timmy, so thats where i go, but if i had the extra cash right now to throw around id buy one of those cuz it does look hot. now i still love my timmy, but imo that hot gun deserves props.
as long as they dont put i frames on those its good, cuz ive tried an i frame before, and after shooting a timmy, i cant shoot an i frame for shiz, only cuz the trigger on a timmy, mostly sticks out at a foward angle, while teh bladed i frame triggers stick out towards teh back, so i cant shoot one for crap. thats also partly cuz now i mostly walk the trigg when i shoot. but timmy r still nice, and that impy looks nice too

where they sellin those rats? i stilly say go for the timmy, but that rat looks nice

JT2002
06-08-2003, 01:18 PM
sorry for double post, but nooen will win the lotter like this kid my school did, his luck a$$. his mom played lotto, won 16 mil. after taxes they played it smart and took a lump sum, and got close to 8 mil cash, now thats hot, and if i was that kid, id own at least one of every hot electro lol. and then there would be my 20 car garage filled with my collection, and them my quads and atv's, and all my other shiz. oh, dont forget my ar-15's. man dreams r sweet, lol. till u realize theyre not real :D i only wish i was as luck as that kid, and now he says when he gets license in 2 years. hes gettin a 2005 mustang. :mad: JEALOUSY... IS...TAKING...OOOOOOOOOVERR!;) :rolleyes: :D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 01:20 PM
lol jt.

you can always rob the kid lol

JT2002
06-08-2003, 01:25 PM
well i dont think those r his, are they? i think theyre jsut some pic the makers of the gun made to show em off, and hey, i still love my timmy, but the pics certainly worked on me. so where can i find them? lol theres no way in he!! my parents will let my buy another near 1000 dollar pb gun, but i just want to know, so spill it

bunkermaster10
06-08-2003, 01:29 PM
Dude of course those 2 markers are mine. You think I would post somebody elses gun up here. J/K. Thier not mine, but I wish they were mine. But I will be getting one of these babies in like a few weeks. When I sell my mag. hehe.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 01:31 PM
man that dragon timmy still looks kick ***...
so basically the only bad thing about it is the milling?

JT2002
06-08-2003, 01:37 PM
well its not so bad if you enjoy cleaning and making your baby look nice and shiny again. its not that bad, i have a classic and the angular milling on the ribbs make that a pain to clean, but thats what q tips r for lol. but, i never have much to clean , cuz i dont get shot much.:D

SlipknotX556
06-08-2003, 01:53 PM
You will not need to run a halo B, unless you can outshoot a evo 2, which I have come close to. If you get a halo B, you WILL need extra hard detents. Also after about 2 months of using the detents, they will be destroyed, because of the bolt, unless you get a slotted bolt.

If you do decide to get the timmy, have any problems with it, just ask.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 02:27 PM
wait...the timmy has 2 detents right?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 02:31 PM
and how much do slotted bolts run for?

and yes i like to clean my markers and make em' look all nice and shiny. I actualy was thinking about q-tips or like a thin piece of klenex. Out of my entire 4 years of paintball i've never been hit on the gun that bad. Only the hopper, reg/grip/chamber, and some lucky dude hit my hose.

So slippy...

There really isn't anything wrong with the dragon cept the milling?

Cause if i do get hit there i am willing to spend a great deal of time cleaning it (just like my bro and his new car. A bird takes a dump on the car he has to wax it and all lol)

Automaggin2
06-08-2003, 02:37 PM
I love my cocker. I never have problems with it. All these people who say they have so much trouble with cockers most likely never took care of there gun. If you oil your cocker, and clean it after each day you use it, it will be fine.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 02:48 PM
i think cockers for me are out.

The only cocker i want costs the same price as the Dragon Timmy but i have to pay $50 shipping to get it from the U.K.

JT2002
06-08-2003, 02:57 PM
what cocker is that? yuk lol. eh. pbk slotted bolts go for like 40 i think and theyre delron and all so they work well. u just got to wait and see, cuz there is a chance u could throw a halo on there and not have probs. but then again u could. so anyways, deff go with the dragon if thats what you like, i like the dragons, but at 15 working 6 bills an hour off the books its not that easy to earn enough for a dragon lol. you will have lots of fun with a timmy. and good u stay away from cockers lol. honestly i see more of them being fixed at my field then any other gun, and i see the ppl who own them spending more time workin on or fixin em that actually playing

SlipknotX556
06-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Yes timmys have 2 detents, one on each eye cover.

Slotted bolts, are like 40, they are like hydra bolts, check it bolts, PBK bolts.

Q-tips = bad for timmy, only use them while cleaning outise the marker, if the filings get into the gun, it can cause problems.

Basically its the milling on the dragon, that people hate. All timmys performe the same, milling is the only thing that seperates them.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 03:04 PM
lol well i'm 14 and i'm jobless.

i currently have $300 and a cocker being sold for $400 and another $100 commin in tomarrow and another crap load of money commin in from my graduation party and another $100 from selling my cheap blowback markers and another $100 from selling my n2 tank...
so that's $1000 right there
so i better get at least $300 for my graduation party.

jt u got a sn on aim?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
Q-tips = bad for timmy, only use them while cleaning outise the marker, if the filings get into the gun, it can cause problems.

i intend on only using q-tips for the outside of the marker lol

$tevo
06-08-2003, 07:11 PM
i never a shot an E-cocker. but i was at friends house playin some PBall, and there was an Dragon and Micro Emag. I was able to shoot both of them and the Timmy felt so cheap prepared to the emag. i cant compare it to a cocker though.

JT2002
06-08-2003, 07:20 PM
care to share with us why it felt so cheap?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 07:41 PM
yea i would like to know that

JT2002
06-08-2003, 07:49 PM
imo, i think that when ppl say that timmys feel cheap, its just because that to them, they look past the benefit of having a very light gun, because they are so used to heavier guns, and just see the lightweight of a timmy as being associated with cheap. basically, they just cant handle the liteness, lol.:rolleyes: :D i have no idea where this ever came from, and i think that if they actually owned it and rememberd that they paid upwards of 800 for one, they wouldnt think theyre so cheap.;) so dont worry, its just like the argument that cockers have majik ball carrying elves that give them nas like acceleration after they leave the barrel giving them that xtra distance edge! in other words, its a crock of *POOF* :eek: :D . just buy a timmy, trust me, you'll love it

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 08:01 PM
lol i'm sure i would

Steelrat
06-08-2003, 08:10 PM
Look, you mentioned an emag, and asked the question in a post titled "Timmy or cocker." I'm guessing that most of the people reading the thread are probably Timmy or cocker fans.

Just try out all three for yourself. All three types have fans, for their own reasons. Listening to one guy say "Buy a timmy becasue of x, y, and z" doesn't really tell you why the gun would be good for you. This is an over-$1000 purchase, you owe it to yourself to try them out. Go meet people who own them, and give them a try.

I'm not a seasoned pro, but I like the mag. Its rare, its simple, and its over-engineered. And a better comparison may be the xmag.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 08:15 PM
yes you also have a good point. Since it's going to be like a month before i get $$$ i have plenty of time to test it out.

ringmasta187
06-08-2003, 08:21 PM
just say no to the timmy. Unless u just wanna really fit in with the cool paintball crowd. Id get the eblade over a timmy. But id get a trix over both of them.
Timmys dont just feel cheap, they are cheap, they should retail for about 600. Every one of them are the exact same and the fact that they can charge an extra 400 for a diff. milled body is highway robbery. They dont even have a manifold, they are elctro pneumatic spyders with steel tubes pressed into there low grade aluminium bodies.
I cant however say that they dont preform well, they preform almost as good as pretty much any torney grade gun. Its just that they are highly over priced, and if u wanna get ripped off for looks and to have a gun that 30% or whatever the stupid figure is of pros that shoot em (the pros are just soooooo coooool) then more power to ya.
U will most likely get the timmy any way so what i say dosnt really matter.
As for the cocker, ive owned many and the really high end ones never have problems if u take good care of them, they come set perfectly from the factory. But eblades have been know to be problematic. (races r better)
But if i were u id get a trix, or excal (that way u get your moneys worth)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 08:25 PM
i'm not getting one because pro's use them and i'm not getting it to feel kool. I've seen the gun i've read reviews, looks sweet to me, many people say it shoots sweet. I plan on testing this out before i buy it. If it sucks as bad as you say it sucks then i will go for the e-blade cocker but since i do not know yet i cannot make a hard descision.

But currently i'm in favor of the timmy.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 08:30 PM
plus i am feeling a little ticked at the fact that you think people buy timmys just to be kool. You say that to anyone with a timmy and your sure to get some negative comments about yourself. right now i'm taking a little effort just to keep me from calling you a $#)(*@$&@#^*&!^#*)&*@$%#*^$(%*^)@%)*#@@ SON OF A @_)*(&@_(^#&^(&^&#$ PIECE OF @*(^#)^#)&*$^#*^#$#!

...sorry about the outburst lol

just think before you type. your opinion is sorta offensive to people who own timmys and are getting them.

ringmasta187
06-08-2003, 08:36 PM
if its offensive then they can cry me a river. I dont think all people buy them for that reason, but i feel a lot of them do especially the 14-18 year old crowd.
As for personally testing both guns, i think its your best bet.
And i always think before i type if i didnt my post would look like this:
l;jknvfbnmio[ibnpgpeipnmeem]padfvo adjko[ efo[ qdfk]p dfqmo[
fgtrnip
qp
ni

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 08:46 PM
lol now first if you are trying to mimic me please do it correctly. here lemme teach you:

first. Press and hold "SHIFT" left or right will do.
second. while holding shift press random numbers located above the letters: Q W E R T Y U I O P
third. Occasionaly pause for english "SON OF A" "PIECE OF" like how i used in my post.
forth. finish off with an exclimation mark "!"

now i took your post as sort of an insult to me. If it wasnt meant to be an insult than sorry my apologies but i have been looking over this marker and the eclipse e-blade cocker for some time now.

I checked out the WAS board looked at the eclipse e-blade trigger in magazines and on the net.

I went through the forums and boblong.com, pbreview, and here about both markers.

As you can see i'm not buying this marker for show. I'm buying it for what it can do.

Plus i want to just buy a marker that looks good to the eye and feels good to the hand. And once i get a marker that perfectly suits me i will be happy for quite some time before i have to trouble myself about getting a new marker.

JT2002
06-08-2003, 08:51 PM
omg, im not even going to bother starting another argument with ignorance. how bout i just say a cocker is just a cheaply upgraded pump gun? which is mostly true since cockers used to be pumps. cmon bro. so youre saying that a spyder espirit will shoot just as fast, not break paint, and work as well as my timmy? he!! no. just dont speak bro k? im so sick of listening to this spyder crap. its a bunch of bull.

now u say its robber they can charge 400 for different milling? well, its even more highway robbery that WGP can charge 1000 more for a cocker with different milling and a cheap electronic sear tripper frame.

ringmasta187
06-08-2003, 08:59 PM
Good for u, it sounds like your an educated consumer, way to be.
And i wasnt trying to mimic u, i was just being a smart *** and saying that if i didnt think before i typed i would just put random key strokes on my posts. U on the other hand obviously thought about your post and purposely held the shift key in to write your comment. I was in no way trying to insult u, uve already stated your not buying the marker for show, yet i still hold the opinion that many do. And i still feel that all timmies are 400-600 $ overpriced.
They main point is dont buy what people tell u to buy, buy what u like, but if you ask for an opinion, ur gonna get some u dont like, and u should never get ticked off about something u asked for.

JT2002
06-08-2003, 09:00 PM
ok most of ur last sentence with buying what u feel is good i agree with. but the spyder stuff, yak

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 09:04 PM
...i do buy what i feel like

yes i did ask for opinions i'm sorry for going all ^)%$*&^)&$^)&#t^)*&#%()*&$#^)%(&*#^%)(#^%)*&#^$ on you

cockersuk14
06-08-2003, 09:08 PM
i would definitely have to say the timmy. I have seen guys rip with them at local fields its amazing. Although the e- blade is sweet i'd definitely have to go agianst it. I have heard of numerous problem with em. My friend even back out of getting one for his 02 cocker just for that reason. I would look for some other different options though.Being the proud owner of a mag i would have to recommend an emag. However u might also look to an Angel Speed, they rip. I have shot one and we found out it was ripping at 22 bps! You could get em for around $900 too.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 09:13 PM
emags do look nice but i don't know much about them. I will take it into consideration when i test out markers at the field i go to.

Angels...i know they are good but they don't look all that great to me. I dunno. I'll be testing out a lot of markers.

ringmasta187
06-08-2003, 09:15 PM
hey jt2002, hows it goin. First off i dont praise cockers, they are upgraded pumps, but not cheaply. A 3way, ram, lpr, timing rod and pump arm are not easily made cheap parts. Unlike the timmies plastic tubes that run from its solenoid (instead of a manifold) And i never said an espirit would keep up witha timmy. An espirit is a spyder with a electric grip frame, a timmy is an elctro pneumatic spyder, plain and simple. If u take a spyder and timmy apart the only main diff is the solenoid, plus the timmy has steel tubes pressed into it (top quality for ya)As for not speaking, i think you should take your own advice.
And yes the prices wdp charges for an e orracle is robbery aswell, but not as much as a timmy is.

Steelrat
06-08-2003, 10:39 PM
Just be forewarned, the emag is a bit different than the other two choices. The emag is not "en vouge" nor does AGD pay as much attention to looks. I myself love the looks, as it looks more purposeful. Its heavier, but that is just indicative of its engineering, and can be lightened with AGD parts. In the price range you are talking, though, you might want to examine xmags. You might have to wait a while, or search a bit, but when spending thousands of dollars, why rush? Hell, I make more than enough to buy any marker out there, and I still researched for a few months, then bought a used emag.

But again, buy what works best for you. And if you choose wrong, you can always flip it and only lose a couple hundred ;)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-08-2003, 10:51 PM
well i plan on testing out tons of markers at a local field. so i will be testing mags, cockers, timmys, matrix, impys, shockers, etc.

I will see which one fits my tastes

Steelrat
06-09-2003, 01:23 AM
I like how you opened up the field of candidates :)

There seems to be two ways to choose a marker; either you can choose it based upon looks, or choose it based upon funtionality. You seem to have chosen functionality, now just roll with it ;)

darklord
06-09-2003, 04:51 AM
Good decision on deciding for yourself. Between the two I'd choose the eblade. It's already timed and there is no reason for you to change anything that would screw up timing (eclipse puts all the awesome parts you could ever want on it stock)...even so you can do 2/3 of the timing electronically (still have to adjust hammer lug! :P). But if I were you I'd get a freeflow matrix (trauma)...upgrades are free, fast as hell, all the good matrix qualities...everything you could ask for in a marker. Just be sure to lube every few cases though, with the right lube.

Also keep in mind when you're shooting these various markers (I assume they are borrowed from different owners) that each setup may not be the "ultimate" setup for said marker. Anyway go with what feels best, I'm sure you'll make the right decision. And hey, if you aren't happy with your decision, you can always sell/trade your marker :D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-09-2003, 11:17 AM
i'll think about it.

but,
keep in mind that i was thinking of buying a dragon timmy for more reasons than how it works and how it looks. I was born in the year of the dragon so it sorta symbolises me.

But if i were to get a different marker i would ano it to look like it got some scales on it lol...

ok maybe i wouldnt...

JT2002
06-09-2003, 01:50 PM
yes. but before u do that just make sure u go and try shooting an emag in each of the e and hybrid modes, only cuz when i did shoot an emag, just dry firing, it was pretty nice, but a bit awkward and i think i needed some time to get used to it jsut cuz its a lot different from that of a timmy, but i thought it was nice. hey if u can afford an x, then take a good look at em

$tevo
06-09-2003, 02:41 PM
it wasnt the weight that made it feel cheap, it was that i felt the bolt move inside the gun, just didnt feel like the same quality as the mag. all i know is that i would take a emag over any timmy

cockersuk14
06-09-2003, 02:44 PM
if your hesitant about buyin the cocker or timmy you definitely might wanna look at an emag or an xmag. if you wanna shoot fast then their definitly what you want. i have seen em shoot a solid bar of paint. it really is sweet. but that is if u dont mind the weight. if your worried about that though you might want a ULE Body.

JEDI
06-09-2003, 02:48 PM
Get the Eblade. I shot one at skyball. I was so impressed I bought one myself. They're smaller than Timmies. They're rediculously fast. I have yet to see a person that tries an Eblade, that isn't immediately sold on them. Very easy on paint. Darn, cant say enough good about them.

JT2002
06-09-2003, 03:15 PM
thats cool. they look nice but i dont really think im much of a cocker person lol. there really not much smaller than timmys ne ways. and i do hear of many people having problems with it, one of them i posted about above. i can give u all my timmy talk till u die, but the only way to know is for you to go try each, and see what you like. personally i have yet to have a really enjoyable experience with a cocker. the times ive shot one, it either broke paint, had a very stiffy trigger, and was very slow, imho. now if i only knew someone with an ebalde so i could just give it a try. and eblade ppl in NY on long island?:D i still say go wit timmy lol, but its ur choice

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-12-2003, 01:07 AM
yea i'm going with the timmy. mags sound kool but lack the look i like. Cockers...i've owned my cocker and it's been a pain timing it and learning how to maintain it.

I think it's time to go back to the markers i'm more familiar with.

And the dragon sorta matches my dream gun. Kick *** milling. Im good with computers and i finally don't have to deal with 3-ways and their annoying leaks.

SlipknotX556
06-12-2003, 01:24 AM
yea i'm going with the timmy.

Good Choice.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-12-2003, 01:45 AM
slip...i got a question lol....what keeps you awake?

DWill
06-12-2003, 01:59 AM
Wow your 14 and have a whole lot more $$ than I do...I really feel poor now. I truly am AO's bum :(

SlipknotX556
06-12-2003, 11:27 AM
slip...i got a question lol....what keeps you awake?

Battle Field 1942, Planet Side.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-12-2003, 01:39 PM
lol yea battlefield gets me up also. especially that desert combat mod. then there is counter-strike...then there is ...wait..yea that's about it lol.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-12-2003, 01:40 PM
lol dwill...what makes you think i have the money right now?

SlipknotX556
06-12-2003, 02:39 PM
lol yea battlefield gets me up also. especially that desert combat mod. then there is counter-strike...then there is ...wait..yea that's about it lol.

Yeah, their is

Counter-Strike (Cal-IM, I just rule :))
PlanetSide (I love that game, so addictive)
Battle Field (Its ok)
Desert Combat Mod (Very Good)
Quake 3
Day Of Defeat
Solitare :)

JT2002
06-12-2003, 02:41 PM

Counter-Strike (Cal-IM, I just rule :))
Solitare :)

yeah lol, ogl scrub :rolleyes: :D . !!! jk

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-12-2003, 07:14 PM
i'm not that much of a gamer. so i don't understand half of what you're saying lol.

i like tictacs
06-12-2003, 08:28 PM
http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/9858/p/336834_1288237486031481633_vl.jpg

looks about 3 times better then any timmy =p

plus timmies kick like a horse....heh

-eblade times itself electronically, all you have to do is adjust lug, OMG stick an allen wrench, quarter turn. no more then 5 seconds, literally. a moot point.
-timmes have more exposed parts then a cocker...think about it, the only time the bolt on a cocker is exposed is when the back block is moving..and thats when your shooting, so when your diving around nothing is gonna get in, and a timmy always has the whole bolt exposed...no matter what...
-eblade is smaller
-and for god sakes, every troll in the world has a timmy.

JT2002
06-12-2003, 08:43 PM
and for god sakes so many n00bs got cockers :D
well really you could easily say that a cocker has more exposed parts? what about all that ram and air lines hangin round in front of ur gun? and, the whole bolt in a timmy is never exposed, only maybeh half of the top, and the back, but the back dont matter much

i like tictacs
06-12-2003, 09:05 PM
last time i check nothing could get in anywhere up front...

dirt finds its way into the back of your gun very easily, i owned an impulse, and found out the hard way playing sandy fields.

punkncat
06-12-2003, 09:20 PM
You know what.When Timmies have been around as long as cockers have , and they still carry the reputation that the cocker does , in spite of its almost original antique design....THEN I might suggest getting one.
My opinion as of now is that they are merely the flavor of the month.
There are many electro pneumatic markers available with the same range of performance , and some of them for considerably less.I mean with elecros , isn't it all about just how fast you can sling your paint in some general direction anyway?

DWill
06-12-2003, 09:55 PM
lol dwill...what makes you think i have the money right now?
Because you can afford a timmy or an e-blade...while I cannot even afford a talon :(. Make sure to check out the marker that you wanna buy, and don't take everyone's advice. Once your shopping in this price range it is all personal preference because many of the markers perform on the same level. Take the one that feels the best to you.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-12-2003, 10:05 PM
lol i don't have the money. i currently have $300. and if i sell my cocker i get $500 and on my graduation party i expect well over $100 and if all works out i should have more than enough money to get a timmy....or e-blade

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-12-2003, 10:07 PM
jeese tictac! now you got me drooling all over the e-blade again.

SOMEONE POST PICS OF A DRAGON TIMMY! I MUST GET DRAGON TIMMY PICTUERS STUCK IN MY MIND!..aww...but that e-blade....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

DESCISIONS SUK!

JT2002
06-12-2003, 10:44 PM
here i come to save tha day, i make those cocker dreams go away. :rolleyes: ;) :D lol. time for drooooolfest 2003

JT2002
06-12-2003, 10:47 PM
#2 wish this was mine. i know theres more, just go search for em

JT2002
06-12-2003, 10:51 PM
time to be more of a post whore! dam 30 second post limit

JT2002
06-12-2003, 10:52 PM
more

JT2002
06-12-2003, 10:53 PM
finally,

JT2002
06-12-2003, 10:53 PM
oh wait nvm, this beats teh he!! out of every cocker and timmy! :rolleyes: :D

JT2002
06-12-2003, 10:54 PM
I stand corrected :D

JT2002
06-12-2003, 10:57 PM
ok now back on track!

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-12-2003, 10:59 PM
man...now i'm beginning to think of the cocker even more

you gotta get me better pics. that e-blade is stuck in my mind again.

now i'm
50% timmy
50% cocker

SOMEONE SAVE ME

i like tictacs
06-12-2003, 11:17 PM
i have an eblade video, hit me on aim, ill show you it. mikethedbking is my sn.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-12-2003, 11:21 PM
anyone please link me to where i can get e-blade and timmy vids.

(other than wickedairsports)

VanGogo
06-13-2003, 02:08 AM
Ok Suicidal, my 2 cents. From personal experience....

Timmy- way more reliable, easier to work on, and maintain, legal trigger possible with WAS board, plenty fast.

Cocker- pain in the arse, in every way. E-blade, fast, but alot of it comes from trigger bounce caused by the block tapping the back of the gun. Illegal bounce that is hard to get rid of with out slowing the rof down. And most of all....(i can hear the back lash from cocker owners now) no matter what new bauble you throw on a cocker, (electro/pneumatic/tickled/swingy/race/thingy/dingy/name that sounds cool) it is still a pump gun modified to recock itself.

My vote goes to the gun that was engineered and designed to work the way it does as a complete system. The Timmy.

Ok before any of you AGD cult members point out the obvious. I do not feel the same way about any incarnation of the automag from AGD. They have designed several guns based on the same valve system. Not just made the same gun over and over with little improvement.

I've always been happy with my intimidator. Especially with my AGD warp on it!

i like tictacs
06-13-2003, 09:19 AM
Well a timmy is just a spyder with a solenoid...

And the way more reliable thing? Psh, have fun with the barbs. The trigger bounce on an eblade is no way illegal. I can outshoot an eggo with perfectly legal trigger settings.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-13-2003, 11:25 AM
man...now i forced myself to check out that eclipse e-blade autococker......

after jt2000 posted those crappy pictures i want a cocker now lol.

HELP! SOMEONE! PICTURES!

SlipknotX556
06-13-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by i like tictacs

Your totally wrong, now shut your face.

JT2002
06-13-2003, 02:43 PM

And the way more reliable thing? Psh, have fun with the barbs. The trigger bounce on an eblade is no way illegal. I can outshoot an eggo with perfectly legal trigger settings.

um bro, trigger bounce is illegal. now learn how it goes nubby, ALL bounce no matter where teh heck it comes from is illegal. and if you get caught, your toasted. with timmy and was, u can adjust debounce so that you get incredible ROF while not having bounce. and crappy pictures? what do u want pics of, u said dragon i gave u dragon.:D snyper did u read vangogo's post at all bout eblade? trust me, at my local field, i see cockers getting worked on (just trying to fix the dam things that go down a lot :D) than the rentals or any other gun for that matter. air barbs? pshh, throw a little locite on, let it cure, gas up to correct pressure, and your set. barb leaks are not a big timmy problem. cocker? heh, have fun with the lug nut, timing, down time, and more...

and that timmy being spyder with noid, just dont speak, that sounded almost like like teh most nub phrase i have ever heard.

how bout an update, state what u like/ dislike bout each gun, cocker and timmy, and where the guns currently place in your mind. (p.s. the timmy better be 1st or im gonna come and beat teh ***** outta u tonight.:rolleyes: :D lol, jk)

i like tictacs
06-13-2003, 03:30 PM

Your totally wrong, now shut your face.

bahah timmy owners are so defensive about that...i accomplished my goal of pissing you off...now go home

JT2002
06-13-2003, 03:34 PM
because its not freakin true. a timmy is WAY more than any spyder u could ever dream of. btw what gun do u use?

i like tictacs
06-13-2003, 03:54 PM
my gun...

SlipknotX556
06-13-2003, 04:00 PM

bahah timmy owners are so defensive about that...i accomplished my goal of pissing you off...now go home

You want me to go home? I wish I could go home, but you see I have to work, I dont have mommy and daddy to pay for all my paintball gear like you do.

JT2002
06-13-2003, 04:00 PM
speak of the devil. ill talk more latera, got work

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-13-2003, 04:10 PM
ok dislikes and likes about timmy:

looks pretty nice
WAS Board makes it shoot like heck and lots of options
uh....
i don't really like how the reg is set up. (fixable problem)
seems like there are WAY too many features on the WAS board

dislikes and likes about cocker:
I like the way it functions (yea i know it's a upgraded pump but i still am amazed by just watching the back end lol.
The cocker looks pretty nice also
That e-blade trigger is pretty tight
i havn't had many cocker problems myself... and i currently own one.

downsides to both guns - ur gonna need a expensive loader

both guns got eyes....

now that jt made me put it in this way...i'm tilting my head to the cocker again lol. NOO JT! WHY WHY WHY!!!

Someone prove me wrong...

i like tictacs
06-13-2003, 04:16 PM

I dont have mommy and daddy to pay for all my paintball gear like you do.

Ah, yet another false assumption...

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-13-2003, 08:32 PM
i wish mommy and daddy pay for all my paintball gear. but nooo i gotta go through my own wallet.

Plus i'm unemployed.

JT2002
06-13-2003, 08:58 PM
first, you can NEVER!!! have too many features. :D the only ones u will mostly ever touch are debounce, dwell, and eye mode. thats all i ever seem to need most of the time, well, plus the trigger output thing cuz i intellifeed teh was to my warp. can i ask just what it is u dont like bout the reg? maybey u have not cocker problems cuz as a mech, its not pushed hard, but with eblade that pump is pushed to and over its limits. you know what also, i used to think teh same thing as you about the back of cockers, but after shooting one i realized that while im playing and shooting the gun, im WAY too busy lookin at ppl and aiming to even consider staring at teh back, when i shot it i thought i would look at it all the time, but i somehow get so occupied with watching where teh balls go. lol woops same thing twice :rolleyes: . personally since ive heard of many problems ppl have with eblade i would go with a timmy. but that's me. what do u need to turn your eyes towards a timmy? what are you looking for as far as asthetics go in a timmy? im gonna find a way to convert you one way or another! :D lol ;) ;) jk

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-13-2003, 11:02 PM
well. would would help is if i saw both markers in real life. So im going to go to my local field and check out markers there. But i still like how the cocker is a complex machine.

I like the dragon's milling but for some reason i don't like how that bolt looks plastic in the back...it's not the regulator i hate on the timmy i just hate how it looks with that kind of hose and drop. i like my regulator and drop set-up to look complicated.

...i have no clue what i'm saying

JT2002
06-13-2003, 11:18 PM
ok welll u seem to like complex. so u should deff like all the options in a was board. yeah cocker is so cool how its complex, until one odd complex part breaks and suddenly the whole complex gun is apart in complex pieces in a complex mess, which then dumbfounds your brain and forces you to pay a complex amount to the local store who fixes your complex problem. lol :D i think complex can be bad in some examples, like a cocker. if one little complex part breaks, the whole thing could need to be taken apart, or need u to spend a lot of TLC time fixing that complex heap of a gun. = gh3y:rolleyes: :D u dont like how bolt looks plastic? its delron, it is plastic, just like how a cockers delron bolt is plastic. face it, plastic is WAY better than aluminum bolt. thats teh way it is, if your cocker has a delron bolt, thats plastic too.
]

oh btw, i too have no clue what your saying. complicated hose setup? if u want complicated why not just buy a remote, entwine it all around your gun, and loop it down to your drop.:rolleyes: :D

and also, if you like steel braided hose, then by all means go and use taht rather than macro. the reason many use macro over steel is because for 1 , macro cant and will never sctrath the gun like steel can. second macro is much more flexible and workable than steel is. third, macro can be set up very nice, tight, and clean, and the length can be adjusted accordingly to each gun, meanwhile, steel cannot be cut to length

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-14-2003, 12:05 AM
yet another good point by jt2000.

Anyone know where i can vids of these 2 markers?

Ryknow
06-14-2003, 12:56 AM

and an e-blade is a 6 times removed ghetto rigged pump that some crazy *** whore thought up in a dream. Step down, *****.

But back to the task at hand. My vote goes to the timmy for one simple reason. It was designed to cycle above 3 bps. And with the whole bolt being exposed.. whoopty-doo. Spyders have an exposed bolt, impulses, excalibur, viking, and cockers (ever heard of milling?). But also how much is an e-bladed cocker going to cost you? A lot more than a 2k2/GZ/Lasoya/Dragon/TX Storm/Z timmy. And the Lasoya comes with everything you need stock, unless you want a different reg or whatever. also, IMO the e-blade trigger feel sucks, period. They tried to rip off AGD's e-mag trigger.

Now onto the WAS board's features. It doesnt have to many features, it has what you need. Dwell, debounce, eye mode, BIP delay, Intellifeed, game timer, etc. A gun with to many features is an Ir3. Also, the timmy's eye is going to be able to see paint better than the cocker's eye because of the WAS board in it.

Next we have the trigger bounce setting.. whats-his-name said it makes it easier to cheat or whatever with bounce. If you press the other silver shiny button it makes it harder to cheat... Higher debounce = less trigger bounce. Mine is set at 20, it RARELY bounces. maybe once out of a case. I can set it low and such and get it to full auto. With the e-blade its hard to prevent the bounce because the chunk of metal on the back hits the gun and shakes it.. creating bounce.

But all in all, I would go with a Intimidator over the e-blade. If you get a Lasoya timmy you wont have to buy an upgrades. I have one and I had to get hard detents and a slotted bolt because I have a Halo B.

Timmy > E-blade

(if you must get an e-cocker get a Aced and Raced Free Flow)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-14-2003, 01:18 AM
ok now to get off the guns for a sec. What would i need for a high end marker like this? (tank, loader, etc.)

Right now all i know is i gotta get extra hard detents
slotted bolt
and a halo b

Ultimator
06-14-2003, 01:19 AM
Well a timmy is just a spyder with a solenoid...And a ram and hammer.

Hey wait a second ... so is an Impulse, Angel, Viking, Excal, and virtually every gun that bunkers you! Btw nice Dye Xcel barrel on your gun. Normally I don't flame people but please. You have a $1200+ marker.

I think I taught a lesson today!! Yay!

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-14-2003, 01:38 AM
why do i need a ram and a hammer?

i like tictacs
06-14-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Ultimator
And a ram and hammer.

Hey wait a second ... so is an Impulse, Angel, Viking, Excal, and virtually every gun that bunkers you! Btw nice Dye Xcel barrel on your gun. Normally I don't flame people but please. You have a $1200+ marker.

I think I taught a lesson today!! Yay!

Did you guys even read the thread, i didn't think so....You would have realized i was kidding about that statement, instead of dumping a bucket of sand in your panties. As for the excel barrel, if it works, why fix it? it shoots fine for me, and by the way, we all know timmies have the best stock barrel EVER!!!111:rolleyes:

JT2002
06-14-2003, 01:11 PM
snyper he was just referencing bout the "noobs think timmy is a spydey thing" argument. now tictac, wtf r u talking about? you said that statement in a waay making it seem thats what you go by and thats what you believe.

back to helping snyper. you dont need any special tank, unless you have one now, all you really need is a nice crossfire preset, theyre high flow and work great. loader id say halo b, even though i think theyre a bit big, but hey, its the fastest there is. barrel, id say either get an ultralite, theyre great and not very expensive. if you have more to spend on a barrel, then id say go get a nice bore sizing barrel like a Freak (i have one and love it), or scepter kit, cp kit, or any other highly recommended barrel kit. oh and with what u got to get, you will probably also want to get a CP ram cap, theyre only like 20 bux and i hear work great. there are other things u can get like diff eye covers, diff trigger, a snatch grip, different reg, volumizer and all that, but most of it is only preference, the only necessary thing in there might be the ram cap, but thats it.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-14-2003, 02:27 PM
.................................................. .........................i think it's time for me to see these things in real life

JT2002
06-14-2003, 02:36 PM
that helps:D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-14-2003, 02:43 PM
*yawn*...i gotta get them instant dinners. i'm hungry

JT2002
06-14-2003, 02:50 PM
lol. hrm, time for me to go scrounge a snack and wait till work. heh, when i get there, its free supply of food. (pizza restaurant, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. i can taste it already, deep dish and chicken pizza, **drrroooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllll*)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-14-2003, 03:00 PM
lol shut up ur making me hungry. it's 3pm and i havn't had breakfest or lunch!!!!

IM SO HUNGRY!!! nothing around this house!
ok forget this. POPEYES CHICKEN!

CrazyLad
06-14-2003, 03:06 PM
timmy...they're my favorite guns...well second favorite. E-mags are my favorite

JT2002
06-14-2003, 03:49 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. now 10 mins b4 work im eatin heated up sesame chicken, mmmmmmmmmmmmm

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-14-2003, 04:00 PM
lol jt. i went to popetes and got myself a spicy chicken po' boy sandwich and a box of cajun battered fries mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and i washed that down with some nice cold coke

JT2002
06-14-2003, 10:32 PM
lol. get ready for this. then at work, lets see, 1 regular slice, penne with some veggies and peppers and mmmmmmmm good stuff, and then since i closed tonight i brought home for the cousin with very little money and loves free food, 3 meat stuff slice ( 3 bills and change each), a stuffd spinach slice (another 3 and change), a crispano (3 bills), 1 deep dish ( 2 an change), 3 zeppoles ( i dont know 1.25:D ) and something else i forget what it was. and the best part is u know how much it cost me?
NADA!!!

man, you got to love fringe benefits :rolleyes: ;) :D :cool: :cool: hooah!

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-14-2003, 11:05 PM
where do u work? i'm thinkin of hookin myself up with this stuff

JT2002
06-14-2003, 11:11 PM
lol, a pizza restaurant, u know, counterperson

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-18-2003, 12:56 PM
ok lets list the thigns i like about each marker now

Cocker - complicated operation (good thing to me) and very interesting and looks nice
Timmy - Kickass milling, high rate of fire, WAS Board, and i can jump around with it and not be afraid of damaging the 3-way or the back block.

Right now my head is very confused about which marker.

AND JT! GIMMI A PIZZA! IM HUNGRY!

I'll post pics of the marker i buy when i do buy it.

JT2002
06-18-2003, 01:26 PM
here you go.....

oh btw im gonna let u in on a little secret... Get a Timmy.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-18-2003, 01:50 PM
why the hell! man! I WANT A PIZZA NOW! where mah hot pockets?

darklord
06-18-2003, 02:53 PM
Dude, seriously, TRY BOTH GUNS OUT before deciding. It is easy to get brainwashed by ppl on online forums. You can't make a good decision until you really use both of the markers by yourself. Take the one that feels best in your hands (the one you like to shoot). Both sides can keep arguing over little crap points about the +'s and -'s of each gun, but it makes little difference.

Ryknow
06-18-2003, 03:32 PM
Get a gun like this
http://www.intimidator-owners.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5691

JT2002
06-18-2003, 04:00 PM
darklord chiiiiiiiilllllllllll. im not trying to brainwash him lol. he already said that hes going to go and try each.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-18-2003, 06:37 PM
lol yea but i don't think anyone would take the time to go through the 100 posts in this thread

mag-hatter
06-18-2003, 08:16 PM
i'd say timmy because out of the many cockers and many timmies ive shot, the timmy is SOOOOOOO much more quiet no matter what barrel the cocker has. thats just experience speaking though. not only that, but the timmy has a better trigger. the feel of it is just right and boy do they look good! the dragon timmies will outlook, and outshoot any eblade

they may be spyders with solinoids, but they're damn fast spyders with solinoids

JT2002
06-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by mag-hatter

they may be spyders with solinoids, but they're damn fast spyders with solinoids

well... at least he's headed in the right direction
:rolleyes: :D :D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-18-2003, 09:14 PM
yea my mind is going towards the timmy. i can't really do that stupid jump off a cliff **** with a cocker. i'm afraid of damaging the 3 way and that blowback looks like it can break easily if i step on it (dunno why i would but IF).

JT2002
06-18-2003, 10:05 PM
and that blowback looks like it can break easily if i step on it (dunno why i would but IF).

eh? :confused:

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-18-2003, 10:27 PM
whoops. i meant back block

seizurepants
06-18-2003, 10:31 PM
timmy

minimag187
06-18-2003, 10:35 PM
Matrix, with the latest bolt kits you get as good of efficiency as other guns. They have no kick and are very quiet and accurate. The whole gun can be taken apart by the back knob and an allen wrench, which can be done in about 1 min or less. There is also one moving part, and they are very low pressure and will pinch paintballs (the bolt stops on the ball) and you can use very brittle paint.

---But anyways, I would go for the Timmy between your choices.

mag-hatter
06-19-2003, 09:20 AM
same efficiancy as any other gun? lol!? 1000 shots on a 68/45k with the newest bolt!!!!!!! thats like having a 12 gram co2 marker!

minimag187
06-19-2003, 10:27 AM
Nope, if the person actually gets the freeflow bolt set up right they get 1800 shots on a 68 4500.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-19-2003, 09:53 PM
lol we are talking about a matrix in a timmy/cocker thread

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-19-2003, 09:54 PM
which i would say is ok since jt and i were talking about pizzas lol.

sneakyhacker420
06-19-2003, 10:17 PM
i'm looking into a timmy... so i'll vote... TIMMAY! :D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-20-2003, 11:59 PM
anyone wanna post pics of their timmys on here?

JT2002
06-21-2003, 12:52 AM
i will in a week or 2
after i get my tear drop low rise and blue halo b , ill take 2, one pic with warp, one without

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-21-2003, 01:19 AM
is a warp really worth it? or should i just get a halo b?

JT2002
06-21-2003, 01:34 AM
for now get the halo. then later on, find someone with a warp timmy and use it for a day.. then you and only you will know what is right. with most its either a love or hate relationship :rolleyes: . some , like me, love it to death shall we part :D , others use it once and drop it like its hot!;)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-22-2003, 09:19 PM
ok i've just been checkin out some angels on my quest for my perfect paintball marker. they don't look all that nice to me but it sounds like it's a great marker. anyone wanna clear things up for me?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-25-2003, 11:27 AM
ok i'm now disputing in my head between a timmy and an angel. Both markers have equal prices but the timmiy is getting my attention with the looks but i don't know much about the angel. How fast it fires. firing modes (don't need em but more features) so does anyone know anything about an angel?

i like tictacs
06-25-2003, 11:29 AM
:rolleyes:

JT2002
06-25-2003, 11:50 AM
well at least he lost sight of the cocker world. Nice Move!!:rolleyes: :D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-25-2003, 12:10 PM
lol jt. ur still alive

JT2002
06-25-2003, 12:16 PM
still alive and kickin.

but who knwos, i might be trading my timmy for an emag, but we'll see

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-25-2003, 12:47 PM
o great now you got an e-mag stuck in my head now

JT2002
06-25-2003, 12:55 PM
heh lol. like i said, i dont really knwo, adn whether or not i trade for the emag is onfortunately relying sort of heavily on whether or not i get to play with icom's emag soon.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-25-2003, 06:11 PM
anyone with an emag or an angel please tell me how goo those markers are. i've heard enough about timmiys and cockers

SlipknotX556
06-25-2003, 06:16 PM
So you still havent decided on a gun?

But forget the emag, angel.

Emag = heavy

Angel = Bad Looking

Timmy = God

:D

JT2002
06-25-2003, 06:27 PM
emag is pretty dam fast too. and if weight is a problem then go hit the gym!:D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-25-2003, 06:56 PM
were u trying to say the timmy was "GOD" or "GOOD"?...either way they both work.

Angel..ugly lookin i would have to agree with.

E-mag...aren't the e-mags lighter now that they are made of aluminum?

JT2002
06-25-2003, 07:38 PM
well when u put ule parts on. but id be waiting for the warp ule's

i like tictacs
06-25-2003, 09:34 PM
for christs sake, buy something. whatever you buy in this range isn't going to be any better or any worse then anything else. for the love of god.

minimag187
06-25-2003, 09:51 PM
I agree.

minimag187
06-25-2003, 09:53 PM
BTW, why wait for the warp ules when you have to mill them yourself. Its very stupid. Just get a matrix or timmy.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-25-2003, 10:21 PM
minimag. i'm the one buying timmys and cockers and blah blah blah not jt lol

JT2002
06-25-2003, 10:25 PM
your gonna have to mill warp ule's yourself? wheres teh thread on this?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-26-2003, 10:58 AM
lol come on jt i thought u were smart

covadsucks
06-26-2003, 11:55 AM
Suicidal- A word of caution, Dragon Timmies have such extensive milling that there is not much meat around the barrel threads, in fact I've seen several where the milling was done too thin and created small holes. I would suggest getting yourself a 2k2 Timmy, WAS board and an adjustable ram cap...it's all you'd really need.

just my $.02

JT2002
06-26-2003, 12:15 PM
really? ive never heard of that problem on the timmy forums. who knows

covadsucks
06-26-2003, 12:42 PM
Yeah, it's not an overly common issue, but my bro just bought a black to red fade Dragon had that problem, so did an ex-teammate's. I've only seen three like this out here in the bay area, but I am sure it exists elsewhere.

Thankfully my 2k2 is a fatty so I have no issues, just eating ram bumpers like there's no tomorrow.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-26-2003, 08:40 PM
ok right now my mind is edging towards the x-mag or the angel speed.

But the timmy is still in my thoughts

06-26-2003, 10:49 PM
I think it comes down to what u want. I have shot both and I can rip on both. Howver I find the Timmy much easier to walk the trigger on. I dont really like Eclipse cockers I would get a E-Orracle instead. Angel Speeds are nice but I dont like how they r back heavy. The X-Mag is uber awesome sex in gun form but u have to wait.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-26-2003, 11:03 PM
cockers are completely out of the question. angels i don't know much about. intimidators are getting some of my attention. but now the x-mag has most of my attention. that thing looks nice as hell.

I have to agree with tictac on the dragon timmy. it does sorta look like something that would be made in taiwan. but over it's still a great marker.

Now peoples. tell me more about this X-MAG

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-02-2003, 12:07 PM
lol must get money!

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-09-2003, 02:22 PM
i have $1000 and $365 on the way. my x-mag dreams will come true...if only i can find one....DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE A BRAND NEW X-MAG FOR SALE?

NJPaint
07-09-2003, 03:35 PM
anyone wanna post pics of their timmys on here?

JT2002
07-09-2003, 03:52 PM
what would u say to a gloss black c&c one, bout a case through it, One teeny scratch on body but it's been touched up. Not bad. what would u say to that?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-09-2003, 04:22 PM
i would say ALRIGHT! but i want an actual BRAND NEW marker. in the packaging and not opened.

But if my current deal doesn't work out then i would highly consider it.

JT2002
07-09-2003, 04:24 PM
well lmk

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-09-2003, 09:22 PM
hey jt.

Can you tell me how good the x-mag is?

I heard air efficiency is bad but i want to know from a person i know that has the marker.

And if possible some pics of ur x-mag might be nice :)

JT2002
07-09-2003, 10:02 PM
lol, its not mine hehe. look for cphilips thread

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-09-2003, 10:26 PM
lol u lil dipnut.

selling me something that's not urs =P

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-22-2003, 09:21 PM
...where o where is my x-mag? it should have arrived today...i don't like late deliveries in things this expensive.

but what is really ticking me off... is that i purchased my own custom made zippo lighter that has "SuiciDal Snyper" engraved on it...only they mis-spelled suicidal! they spelled it suicDAL......THEY FORGOT AN I!!!

AND I PAID $25 FOR THIS!

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-15-2003, 03:14 PM
forget the timmy, forget the cocker, forget the angel, HELLO X-MAG!

ZyperioN
08-15-2003, 03:33 PM
you made a good choice

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-15-2003, 03:42 PM
*sigh* if only i could get the battery to work

ZyperioN
08-15-2003, 08:03 PM
charge, attach, fire, if you have any problems contact AGD

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-15-2003, 09:21 PM
i charged and it won't charge. i cantacted AGD and personally went to the AGD Office. they replaced me adapter and charger. i again called agd asking what parts i need to charge it indoors. i went to radioshack and purchased the specific items they told me to buy. i charge it and the charger fries. i contact agd again and they say that's a common problem. so i'm suppose to go to their office again and get the charger replaced. but since i don't have a car that might be difficult to do.

ZyperioN
08-15-2003, 09:27 PM
Well dont worry, AGD will take good care of you and will make sure your baby will charge correctly.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-15-2003, 09:31 PM
hehehe can't wait till i get the electronics to work

ZyperioN
08-15-2003, 09:41 PM
yeah then you'll get to experience the power of X

*ArKfEaR*
08-16-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Mighty Mike
90% of tournament players use timmys.

Although that means absolutely nothing and is 110% false...

WTF would it matter?

Go cocker, once you go cocker its gonna become quite of a shocker :D ;)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-16-2003, 02:11 AM
lol uhh....i just got an x-mag......so unless you can somehow get me a cocker for free then sure. cause i'm broke

*ArKfEaR*
08-16-2003, 02:42 AM
My bad... some idiot probably brought this thread back from the dead.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-16-2003, 01:11 PM
this thread just shows me deciding over a timmy and a cocker. over the months the choices have changed. and i have overall decided to get an x-mag

so it's sorta like a story line