PDA

View Full Version : taking apart emag trigger.

BajaBoy
06-07-2003, 02:40 PM
Ok well is it a bad thing to do? i was planning on anodizing it black to match my gun. Right this min its on my gun and im not gunna mess with it untill i get the ok from a mod/tech.

How would i go about getting the magnets off and if there is anything else in there.

black, any input on this? since you Always help me with the info i need?;) (thanx man)

also if this is a Big NO NO then tell me.

rehme
06-07-2003, 03:34 PM
to take the return magnets out you just stick your allen in where they are and pull them out.

it is kinda tricky at first.

edit
well here is blacks trigger adjustment thread here

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83104&highlight=trigger+adjustments

BajaBoy
06-07-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by rehme
to take the return magnets out you just stick your allen in where they are and pull them out.

it is kinda tricky at first.

edit
well here is blacks trigger adjustment thread here

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83104&highlight=trigger+adjustments

no im talking about th trigger. Not the frame, there are two magnets in the trigger i have to take out.

rehme
06-08-2003, 12:59 PM
oh there is like a little pin that holds the trigger in you need to knock that out.

if you were holding the gun it comes out left to right. when that comes out your trigger will come off.

BajaBoy
06-08-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by rehme
oh there is like a little pin that holds the trigger in you need to knock that out.

if you were holding the gun it comes out left to right. when that comes out your trigger will come off.

yes i know how to get the trigger out, look up^ i need to find out how to get the magnets off the trigger.....

Tunaman
06-08-2003, 07:09 PM
Good luck with the one on the top of the trigger. These are Epoxied in and can be a biotch to get off. The one in the middle one just needs to be unscrewed. It will come out with the magnet mount.

kilaueakid
06-08-2003, 11:13 PM
To get mine out I just used a small torch and pointed the flame on the top magnet. The epoxy will soon heat up and may even catch on fire and the magnet will pop out. YOU WILL NEED a new magnet as the heat from the torch will ruin the magnetic quality's and it will no-longer grab to other magnets or metals. You will more than likely have to buff or polish the trigger(or bead blast is you are going for the matte finish), because there will be either smoke stains and/or tarnish stains on the metal. You will however have the magnet out and will be able to get the trigger anno'd. I never tried boiling it in water, but that may be an option as well.

good luck!

kila

BajaBoy
06-09-2003, 03:01 PM
ahh thank alot guys, ill be doing this over the weekend.

ill poste pix when its done