PDA

View Full Version : Another RAPTOR REX QUESTION

nitewolf_9
06-07-2003, 06:00 PM
So I just rigged a proconnect on the reg of my raptor rex tank (nipple toward the valve, so it works fine). Other than a very small leak in the gas thru grip (cp mini w/ macro line fitting, it leaks on the outside of the macro fitting...and yes I put plenty of tef. tape on it), it works fine. (and I don't really know how to get the macro fitting out of the mini gas thru...the wrench grip thingy is hidden in the grip because the threads are up a little ways inside of it).

My question is, how do you disconnect the gun from the tank safely? I mean, I tried to disconnect the proconnect while the output was at like 800 psi or so and it kinda violently pops off. I know thats not the right way to remove it, but can you shut the raptor's flow off before taking off the proconnect? Or is that the way your suppossed to do it, just pop it off?

Help would be appreciated...thanks.

Prezents
06-08-2003, 02:52 AM
I have one and a team mate has one on his RT, with 950psi input pressure, and there is a rather good pop when he takes it off.

Jerhew
06-08-2003, 02:58 AM
ya that's how mine is too
it kinda scared me the first few times but i'm used to it now...
try popping it off when the output is at 1000psi
whew:eek:

Gadget
06-08-2003, 05:46 AM
I had the same problem. I also found that with a lot of pressure behind it, the proconnect can be a nightmare to reattach.

Best thing to do is to also install an inline on/off tap - have it connected direct to the elbow coming out of the reg, then run your hose + proconnect from there.

When you want to disconnect - shut the tap off, fire the gun (with L10 you'll probably only get one proper shot, but it'll drop the pressure in the line down a lot) and then release the proconnect - with the reduced pressure in the line, the 'pop' is a lot less violent, plus you don't need to be the hulk in order to connect it back on. :)

Tunaman
06-08-2003, 07:38 AM
The raptor does have a low pressure bleed off. Just unscrew the adjuster SLOWLY untill it start to bleed off. Just dont turn it any more than you need until it stops bleeding. I have seen these velocity adjusters come flying out so be careful.

ASDadam
06-08-2003, 12:50 PM
Then wouldn't that make the Pro connect useless? Its there so that he can maintain the same output pressure from his reg without having to turn the reg off *Unscrewing it*

rikkter
06-09-2003, 01:14 PM
i always have to unscrew the adjusting nut on the tank to bleed the air out. then when i gas it up of course i just tighten it, and i rapid fire the gun to where it wont skip shots and where the pin sets fast enough in the trigger pull. so i never know what the input is on my gun ;\
i'm going to rig up a bleed valve and a onoff inline for it and throw that on there so i can set it to a set pressure, turn it off, bleed the air, then put it back on the emag.

so it'd be, tank. inline, bleed, hose, valve.

anyone else have a better solution?

xen_100
06-09-2003, 02:41 PM
as others have said, yes that pop is totally normal...yes it does go back on kinda hard, but you shold ahve to take it off more than once a day anywya, so its not that big of a deal.

as for the macroline fitting that is leaking. degas the line (either with the pro-connect or by turning the tank to off and purging the line.) remove the hose. if you look up into the fitting you will see that inside the fitting is an allen head for stall or removal. unscrew it and try sealing it again.