PDA

View Full Version : Parts list for a mag I wanna build, what am I missing?

EviILost
06-07-2003, 07:13 PM
Hey all I recently decided to build a mag and as I know virtually nothign about them was wondering fi you guys could help. Please note I know almost NOTHING about mags (yet) but I can take technical talk so hit me with it.

So far I got:
XValve
Lvl 10
ULE Body
Foregrip
A blade trigger frame (not intelliframe), dunno which yet

I'm pretty sure thats hte basics but I am also sure I'm missing some little things, I will also be hookin up a 68/3k MaxFLo to it so I dont need a bottomline/etc. Also, I already got a cocker so I also got barrels for it.

If you guys could point me to a parts list or just lemme know of anything else I'm missing I'd appreciate it alot.

Cryer
06-07-2003, 07:36 PM
First off... Welcome to AO.

Have you already purchased these parts?
If not, your best bet is to buy a cheap used mag and upgrade from there instead of buying all the parts. You can get just the basic mag for cheap. sometimes less than 200.
Then You trade the valve to AGD in for an X-valve & Level 10.

If you have bought the parts already, then you'l need on top of that, a body rail, a rail bushing, field-strip screw, grip frame screw, sear, and sear pin. These can all be found in the AGD store (the blue "Sponsor" bar at the top of the forums page), but its usually cheaper to ask around in the Dealer's Forum or Misc Paintball Items Classified section.

As far as the Trigger frame goes, what dont you like about the Intelliframe? (to be honest, thats the only blade trigger out there for the mag)

sneakyhacker420
06-07-2003, 08:11 PM
if you haven't purchased tha parts yet, then i would tell you to have a talk with tunaman, AO's premiere top-of-the-line mag builder

he'll assemble a BRAND NEW automag of your choice with all the parts of your choice for a VERY reasonable price

EviILost
06-07-2003, 08:29 PM
I havent bought anything yet but I wanna buidl it myself for a few reasons (so I learn it and its cheaper :p)

I also wanted the ULE body in specific because I already own a cocker so my barrels would be interchangeable
Also, the thing I dont like about the intelliframe really is the price, I dont need/want to hook it up to my hopper anyway so I was just hoping tos ave money.

but thx cryer thats exactly waht i needed to know, tho a friend of mine is talking me into emag/xmags now :)

sneakyhacker420
06-07-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by EviILost
I havent bought anything yet but I wanna buidl it myself for a few reasons (so I learn it and its cheaper :p)

I also wanted the ULE body in specific because I already own a cocker so my barrels would be interchangeable
Also, the thing I dont like about the intelliframe really is the price, I dont need/want to hook it up to my hopper anyway so I was just hoping tos ave money.

but thx cryer thats exactly waht i needed to know, tho a friend of mine is talking me into emag/xmags now :)

tunaman actually builds guns for less than what they would usually cost to assemble yourself

intelliframe is the only blade trigger frame currently available for automags, and the price is less than what a dye 2x frame with grips and trigger would cost... not to mention that the intelli comes with a safety... :)

one more thing... tunaman stocks the ULE bodies... and if you want the gun a specific color, he can send it out to be custom anodized, but that will cost extra

Cryer
06-07-2003, 08:57 PM
The Intelli frame (complete with trigger, Black Dye sticky grips, and safety)=$105 new at pbgear. You can find them for 90 here in the classifieds.
Dye Frame (not including grips, trigger safety) around $100 new (if you can find them. Dye discontinued them) then you have to buy the trigger, safety, grips. on top of that, the pull is longer by at least 1 1/2 inches than the Intelliframe.

Benchmarks are 40 bucks, but the triggers are sloppy and wiggle around and are the longest pull a mag frame has. (like the stock trigger on a spyder:eek: )

The Intelliframe's pull is the shortest aftermarket trigger pull, more solid than the benchy/Dye and just feels better. Plus, it's made by AGD and doesn't void the warranty.

I love mine and would not give it up for either of the other frames out there currently. no matter how much anyone paid me.

Even if you don't buy it to start off, you should get an I-frame eventually.

spaz
06-08-2003, 12:12 AM
also missing rail, the gas hoses, and a vert adaptor

jaylock33
06-08-2003, 09:45 AM
If you're going to go with a mech marker I agree with Cryer an Intelli is almost a necessity, highly recomended even if your not going to run the connection wire.

Dayspring
06-08-2003, 02:20 PM
Not to mention all the little things- screws, rail bushing, and all that fun stuff.

ScatterPlot
06-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Hmm, I dont think anyone has said that you dont need a LX with an Xvalve, it comes with one. But if you wait until around the IAO then it will also come with the new ULE trigger.