PDA

View Full Version : AGD...What Is The Status On The Warp ULE Bodies????

AutomagRT1483
06-08-2003, 02:38 AM
I saw one of these puppies back at the AO Day up here at Paintball Sam's and was just curious to see if they were almost ready to be sold. Hopefully, you'll be getting some in red. (My fav. color;) ) Also if they are going to be sold soon, would there be any chance that we would be able to get it before the 21st of June(Scenario Game @ Paintball Sam's)???

Thanks

AutomagRT1483
06-08-2003, 05:30 PM
UP!

WARPED1
06-08-2003, 05:51 PM
I predict the 10th of never............

Duke Henry
06-08-2003, 06:34 PM
I remember AGD posting that they were going out to Anno a week or more ago, so maybe they will be available this week, probably next week?

I will want to order one for my new Emag coming in, and hope there is a straight black one available for me...

adam shannon
06-08-2003, 08:31 PM
did i miss the pics of these bad boys? i havent even see the prototype pics. where did they go?

AutomagRT1483
06-08-2003, 09:38 PM
Honestly, I can't remember seeing the prototype pics. But I did hold "THE" protoype in my hands last weekend and boy was it sweet. The ball detent is on the top of the body, and the feed neck comes down on the left side of the body on an angle, so you may have to modify your body rail.

WARPED1
06-08-2003, 09:52 PM
Having to hack up a perfectly good rail is the stupidest firetrucking idea............

AutomagRT1483
06-08-2003, 09:55 PM
Enough already.

GhillieGuy
06-08-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Having to hack up a perfectly good rail is the stupidest firetrucking idea............
I dought that agd would make something like that...

AGD
06-08-2003, 11:26 PM
They are at ano and YES you have to hack up your rail. It will not fit any other way. You can do it with a file if you have too.

AGD

WARPED1
06-08-2003, 11:34 PM
Why couldn't you just come straight out like Xmag warp breeches do? Use the 90* warp adaptor.
This is the thing preventing me from buying a warp ULE, I am even thinking of trading my Emag I was so dissapointed:(.

Matt Crawford
06-08-2003, 11:47 PM
the Xmag I used..the warp breach had a slight angle (downwards) so has all the other ones Ive used

jdev
06-08-2003, 11:47 PM
gargh.. have to hack up my rail.

i just bought a nice chrome omega rail..

tom, how much "filing" or "dremeling" are we talking here?

nippinout
06-08-2003, 11:52 PM
I'm thinking maybe AGD can draw up some pretty pictures for us.

Drawings for classic and Emag/RT Pro body rails. Drawings have a template for us to make the cuts on our rail.

Or have the ULE warp body come with stickers to throw on the rail to see where to cut.

Some sort of template would be nice.

RoadDawg
06-09-2003, 01:58 AM
AGGG. I need pics. How badly does the rail need to be modified? Oh Rogue. You'll be hearing from me soon. ;)

AGD
06-09-2003, 02:11 AM
You have to take off about an 1/8th inch off the rail. AND YES WE DID MAKE THE FEED TUBE COME STRAIGHT OUT THE SIDE AND IT STILL NEEDS TO HAVE THE RAIL NOTCHED.

AGD

RoadDawg
06-09-2003, 02:14 AM
Hacking a rail is no biggy to me. I've been crying since I couldn't get the warp on my other ULE. How soon til they are in the store?

personman
06-09-2003, 03:52 AM
I saw one at DDay.. it was pretty nice!!
Too bad I dont use a warp! ;)

edweird
06-09-2003, 04:51 AM
/warms up the Credit Card and the Dremel....

Muhahahaha!

nippinout
06-09-2003, 04:59 AM
Hrm...

Slot cut or try to do a radius. Or put away the Dremel and get a proper machinist to do it. heheheheh.

Is there any real difference between the horizontal and angled warp neck? Just a difference in geometry so it can retrofit more easily without eating too much rail?

IcantBelieveit
06-09-2003, 05:53 AM
why are you guys crying about having to take a little metal off of your rails? I mean it is not that big of a deal is it? Once the body is on you wont see it in most cases. All you have to do is take a rounded file and file a little at a time unil you reach the desired affect. I mean, if having to file the rail a little bit is making you sell your mag, then you have some seriuos growing up to do.

Clockwork_Orange
06-09-2003, 09:14 AM
I'm down for cutting my Omega rail, but are there plans to produce a rail specifically for the ULE warp? Does anybody know if they have a warp version of the cord body???

Duke Henry
06-09-2003, 09:57 AM
Apparently PBX (Paintballistix) was working on a warp rail/body duo but I haven't heard anything on the subject from them in weeks...

Honestly, I could hack up my rail to get the warp ule body going, but for now I think I will wait and see what other body/rails are made in the near future.

Jack & Coke
06-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Will there be warp "right" ULE bodies for us lefties?

Duke Henry
06-09-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
Will there be warp "right" ULE bodies for us lefties?

No, since that would only encourage more lefties to play.

;)

WARPED1
06-09-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by IcantBelieveit
why are you guys crying about having to take a little metal off of your rails? I mean it is not that big of a deal is it? Once the body is on you wont see it in most cases. All you have to do is take a rounded file and file a little at a time unil you reach the desired affect. I mean, if having to file the rail a little bit is making you sell your mag, then you have some seriuos growing up to do. It is a big deal for us nonmachinists, I wouldn't get a dremmel within 1000 yards of my gun. Also, who wants to wait longer to send the rail out, have it done, wait to get it back. We've already waited 19 bazillion friggin years for the thing to come in stock! And, it's not even here yet!
Also, tight budgets are another thing. I'm not going to shell out more money so someone can hack my rail.
On another subject, my Emag is in "Markers" looking for an Angel Speed or nice Shocker.

Clockwork_Orange
06-09-2003, 12:56 PM
It is a big deal for us nonmachinists, I wouldn't get a dremmel within 1000 yards of my gun. Also, who wants to wait longer to send the rail out, have it done, wait to get it back. We've already waited 19 bazillion friggin years for the thing to come in stock! And, it's not even here yet! Also, tight budgets are another thing. I'm not going to shell out more money so someone can hack my rail.

The man does have a point!

Upgrade your grey matter 'cause 1 day it may matter!!!

vf-xx
06-09-2003, 02:06 PM
You know it's this kind of stuff that can be really destructive to Tom's posting what he's developing. I mean I understand being in a hurry to get what you want, but be real guys. Things take time in any industry. And sometimes one product takes priority over another product.

Tell you what Warped1. I'm studying Mechanical Engineering and I have access to a full machine shop. If you want a warp ULE send me the body and the rail and I'll mill your rail for FREE just cover the basic shipping charges.

Personally I like hearing about things early, it give me time to plan it out and the like (as it also happens I'm broke right now so I'm not buying anything either but still....).

Honestly I'll honor that free offer to anyone else who's wants me to mod their rail. Mind you I'm not Nicad, I don't do this professionally.

WARPED1
06-09-2003, 02:11 PM
My point vf-xx, is, I DON'T WANT TO CUT MY DAMN RAIL! I LIKE IT THE WAY IT IS!

BajaBoy
06-09-2003, 02:55 PM
My point vf-xx, is, I DON'T WANT TO CUT MY DAMN RAIL! I LIKE IT THE WAY IT IS!

dude, if it is that big of a deal then DONT buy it, its not like agd is making it Just for you. Use a SS warp body or a normal ule.

WARPED1
06-09-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by BajaBoy

dude, if it is that big of a deal then DONT buy it, its not like agd is making it Just for you. Use a SS warp body or a normal ule. Thing is, I really wanted a warp ULE body for my Emag, and I know it's not just made for me(it should be:p ), but I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I was hoping for a nice light body, cest la vie!
I love how airgun says "we have great products for you!" but then says "but you can't have them!" Please, please AGD, don't tell us about stuff, just surprise us.
Because airgun does have great stuff!
I already have a SS warp body!

IcantBelieveit
06-09-2003, 05:37 PM
well sometimes we can't get what we want. just have to take what you can get. i just find some of your comments rude.

WARPED1
06-09-2003, 06:05 PM
Well, no one made you read the thread. It's my opinion that this whole warp ULE crap is a fiasco, and I'm entitled to my opinion.

AutomagRT1483
06-09-2003, 06:13 PM
What's everyone complaining about, it's only 1/8 of an inch that you have to file down on your rail. Everyone is entitled to there opinions, but you dont need to persistantly complain about it. That makes it rude.

RoadDawg
06-09-2003, 06:41 PM
Hey man. I'm mad stoked for the ULE warp bodies. My credit card is gonna be doing back flips shortly. I have to take my rail to RogueFactor to have him grind it down. He'll charge me but it'll be worth it.

AutomagRT1483
06-09-2003, 06:49 PM
Sweet RoadDawg, my bro's credit card is going to be used on it for mine. I haven't gotten my bank card/ credit card in the mail yet. Oh well, I'll be buying one the instant that they come out along with a shiney new red warp to go with it. ;)

hitech
06-09-2003, 07:03 PM
Tom has been saying all along that a warp ULE would require you to mill/grind/file your rail. We have all been warned ahead of time. :eek:

Why get rid of your emag because you can't get a warp ule body that doesn't require modification for another marker that doesn't even have a warp body option? :rolleyes:

Clockwork_Orange
06-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Ule warp, warp ule... Relax people, let the product come out first and then we'll see if it's worth milling the body rail.;)

Upgrade your grey matter 'cause 1 day it may matter!!!

Big_Chops
06-09-2003, 10:05 PM
personally i could care less about cutting my rail all i want is that body. but first does anyone know how much they are and when are they going to be in stock

AutomagRT1483
06-09-2003, 10:18 PM
There at the annodizers as we speak. I would assume that they would be the same price as the vert feed ULEs. Around $150.

Clockwork_Orange
06-09-2003, 10:29 PM
Does anyone know if Nicad is planning on making a cord warp body???