PDA

View Full Version : yet another "how much is this worth?" question?

BobTheCow
06-08-2003, 01:24 PM
aah I feel bad starting a thread about this, but I would like to know, and I don't know a more paintball-knowledgable group of people in existence than those on AO. :) [/suck up]

It's a Tippy 98 Custom (Don't give up on me yet!!) with Response Trigger, Lapco BigShot Stainless Steel barrel, Dye Stickies (not the new kind that rip :rolleyes: ), 98* drop forward w/ macroline... oh yeah and it's the "Silver Edition" kind!!

Soo... I'm not asking what YOU guys would pay for this, but what do you think I could get for this A) being nice and not ripping somebody off, or B) selling it to some poor unsuspecting fellow for the price of an x-mag?

(Sorry I don't have a pic, don't have a camera of any sort :eek: )

**edit** in case it matters I'll be getting enough money over the summer to get a used e-mag, and I wanted to know if I could sell the 98 and use that $$ to... I dunno, get a warp, get a ULE stuff... I'd just like a rough idea. And THANK YOU again!!

NJPaint
06-08-2003, 01:27 PM
I'd say maybe $150-$175. Personally, I like the m98c because its fairly simple and with the Bigshot does shoot fairly well. I think that its a great gun for a kid who wants to go out and have fun. Maybe try the classifieds here or your local field (if they don't have rules about selling stuff)

BobTheCow
06-08-2003, 01:32 PM
hmm, I don't THINK there are any rules at my field... pev's? Anybody know??

Lopy-slopy
06-08-2003, 02:12 PM
If you sell it on the tippman classifieds you will probibly get more for it. 200-300 even,..... mabey. Sell it to some noob at your feild who know's nothing about paintball. Parents know nothing about PB and you can make them think 350 is a good deal? :p

FalconGuy016
06-08-2003, 04:18 PM
If you show it off I bet you could get it for high amounts :)

Ill make a video of it like I promised

BobTheCow
06-08-2003, 04:42 PM
R0X0R!!!

98 + RT + HALO = major pwnage!!!!!!!!

On a separate note, the ghey elbow/feed tube on the 98 is missing one of the pins that holds it onto the marker, so if you move around at all the hopper kind of rattles... not a big deal, but I think it would REALLY bug anybody else. I've tried cutting nails and stuff to fit in, but they are always either too big or end up falling out. Can I order just the pin from Tippmann, and if I do, will it stay in the elbow? Or would I be better off buying a whole elbow deal?

FreakBaller12
06-08-2003, 05:51 PM
yes i am postivie u can jsut get a pin
go to your local proshop
my friend got a new oen at our local shop paitnball depot and not a whoel new elbow

BobTheCow
06-08-2003, 06:05 PM
thanks toyotaboy.

Any other price quotes?? I'm not looking for anything too specific, but more than 2 estimations would be cool...

BobTheCow
06-09-2003, 02:57 PM
uppity up up...