PDA

View Full Version : GTRsi babeling- Biofeedback: Why I dont shoot Angels anymore

GT
06-08-2003, 01:42 PM
Yesterday me and a bud jason went out to one of out favorite fields to knock out a few noobies, BS with folks, and work on a few guns. We get there load up all our gear and I proceed to the chrono. This is the first time I have played with my shocker other than shoot a little air through it at the house. I roll up to the chrono take a few shots then unload a hopper on various targets at the chrono station. Wow, way different than any of my angels. I head out to the first game and get knocked out as I reach my first bunker, I thought the player that hit me was out of bounds turns out that field is in play thanks ref.

Second game we are out of the woods and into the speedball field, ahh much better. Went really well my first time to play back dumped a lot and I mean a lot of paint. Its kinda funny when I read stuff that people who have never owned a shocker before state that the can ‘feel’ the bps cap. I out shot my Rico more than once w/o a chop. Third game more of the same. Big smile followed by “dam, this is a great gun for the price.”

So a few of us are sitting around talking about different guns we have owned and why we sold them. The topic comes up and someone mentioned I have owned 3 angels before. Offcourse the noobs next question was why I sold them. “my answer: Biofeedback”

I get some strange looks. This is something that is very important to me. All of my angels felt like I was playing with my computer, touch a micro switch and the gun fires. My shocker is an LS but it doesn’t feel as “sterile” as my angels did. The shocker still gave me that feeling when the trigger is pulled something is going to happen. Maybe because it is a dual solenoid gun maybe not.

I pickup my buddies OutKast cocker. I have only shot a cocker a few times before, however I like to think I have excellent trigger technique. His outkast is feed via rico, poor poor loader. It only took me a few pulls to get my rhythm down and the rico was out shot. I could get a string of 5-7 and then skip no shops just blanks and no short stroke. You should have seen the look on the noobs faces’ when that cocker started humming.

Does this mean that the cocker was faster than the Shocker? Nope. But here are a few things I have learned:

1. Shocker is a bad bad bad gun for the money bad in the good sense, very awsome gun. I wanted something to run on CO2 and a backup while I build my mag (my fourth). I would suggest getting one while you still can at such a dirt cheap price. Plus it’s another gun for your gearbag that you can hand to a non-pb playing buddy for a day.

2. I can shoot a Mech gun faster than an electro.

3. Cant wait for my mag to be done, aside from the stuff I just ordered from doc and tuna, all I have left is a Y frame. Soon baby soon.

4. Biofeedback There needs to be a connection between user and the ‘gun. It has taken me a few years to figure this one out. It may not sound very profound but I think, at one time or another, we get caught up in the electro hype. To be perfectly honest I think an electro marker is great for the first player. The only thing they need to worry about is turning the gun on/off. When I got my first angel I was amazed at how little I concentrated on my shots and just pointed, thought to shoot, and boom the ball is out towards its target.

Not sure why I posted this just wonder if any of you guys had the same “awakening” as I did.

Jason B.

edit spelling, anyone like my new sig? Its from AGD’s patents, there is an RT, classic, z grip, and a powerfeed schematic.

Koosh
06-08-2003, 02:13 PM
I think your sig looks really cool, but a tad bit too big... both size wise (115k! Geez!) and length wise...

As for the biofeedback, I couldn't agree more... I love shooting guns that I always KNOW something will happen... not that they don't with electros, I just love dead solid reliable guns...

Did you mean the shocker is a bad, bad gun in a good way, or in a bad way? heh... that doesn't make sense ;)

Automaggin2
06-08-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi

learned:

1. Shocker is a bad bad bad gun for the money. I wanted something to run on CO2 and a backup while I build my mag (my fourth). I would suggest getting one while you still can at such a dirt cheap price. Plus it’s another gun for your gearbag that you can hand to a non-pb playing buddy for a day.

wait, if its abad gun, then why are you telling people to get it :confused: :confused: :confused:

pbguy888
06-08-2003, 03:00 PM
in this case bad = good

GT
06-08-2003, 04:51 PM
let me edit that:

Its a awsome

BobTheCow
06-08-2003, 04:54 PM
aahh, I am yet another victim of the bad vs. bad spectacle...