PDA

View Full Version : All I need now is an X or 2

Big'n slo
06-08-2003, 02:25 PM
Just waiting to get an X valve to complete this little baby. Any suggestions on setup?

sniper1rfa
06-08-2003, 02:44 PM
ditch the macro, get some whip hose or SS with shrinkwrap.

macro sucks... :)

Big'n slo
06-08-2003, 02:51 PM
Not a big fan of large fittings, never had any major problems with the macro lines, plus I break my guns down a lot.

Cryer
06-08-2003, 02:58 PM
Once you get the X, you'll be golden. Although I'm not a big fan of drop forwards:
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=830278

The Macro's fine, but I prefer to have it a little longer, so it arches over the detent. I don't know why, I guess so it doesn't touch my finger when I shoot...:confused:

pito189
06-08-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by sniper1rfa
ditch the macro, get some whip hose or SS with shrinkwrap.

macro sucks... :)

Bah I have had the same piece of macro line for almost 6 months now, not one problem. All SS does is add unecassary weight, and scratch your gun unless you cover it with something.

Big'n slo
06-08-2003, 03:36 PM
I was thinking of a rail extender setup to move the gas thru farther forward. Then, maybe, getting rid of the drop so I could shoulder the tank. :confused: Or I might go with a 15* VA setup for the grip....

I think I spend more time tinkering than I do playing:rolleyes:

Cryer
06-08-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Big'n slo
I was thinking of a rail extender setup to move the gas thru farther forward. Then, maybe, getting rid of the drop so I could shoulder the tank. :confused: Or I might go with a 15* VA setup for the grip....

I think I spend more time tinkering than I do playing:rolleyes:

My personal Preference: I like the foregrip right in front of the trigger. I don't even like how the RTPros are like 2 inches foreward. (Note-My Personal preference used to be a KAPP Dropzone, but now look at me. my point: I'm fickle. I may want an extender tomorrow. So don't listen to anything I say. Ever.:p )

That being said, I like the CP Drop Rail. However, I don't Shoulder the tank. I rest it between my shoulder and neck. You can kind of see in my sig. I'm usually a little tighter. (Again, personal preference. Don't listen to me. I'm a fluke)

Automaggin2
06-08-2003, 03:45 PM
Wow, looks really nice. I wish i had a mag like that

Hey i noticed your from s.jersey, what part?

Big'n slo
06-08-2003, 03:58 PM
Cryer, any and all ideas are appreciated. I actually want to mount my old classic into a winchester 870 pump stock. I don't play much other than rec ball so keeping everything tight isn't a priority.

Automaggin2, I'm right down 295 in Mullica Hill

Automaggin2
06-08-2003, 04:10 PM
Where do you play at?

ever been to invasion?

Big'n slo
06-08-2003, 04:13 PM
I play mostly outlaw ball but yes, I have played at paintball invasion. I rented the indoor for 3 hrs a couple of weeks ago. I posted about it in the NJAO day thread. Had a great time there, been hoping to play on the outdoor soon

Lopy-slopy
06-08-2003, 04:15 PM
I have a sudgestion, give that beauty to me:p But serusly, that is one great gun. With an X-valve and a black halo that thing would rip it up and look amazing, even more than it does now. oh yah, I wouldn't get a 15* asa, it looks great now. I personaly don't like the way a 15* looks on a mag.

wobbles82
06-08-2003, 07:53 PM
Invasion just opened outdoor fields. If you guys have ever heard of Team Melee, thats whom I play for, we were wondering if anybody has actually played them yet? Good to see Invasion finally getting something done, although the indoor is quite nice!

Gman63
06-08-2003, 08:28 PM
Gun looks really sweeeet. I would however go with Stainless Braided line over the Macro. My mag with an X-valve just recently experienced a spike on my reg wich blew my macro within a second. Most Stainlees line is rated for far more pressure than your gun will see.

Automaggin2
06-08-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by wobbles82
Invasion just opened outdoor fields. If you guys have ever heard of Team Melee, thats whom I play for, we were wondering if anybody has actually played them yet? Good to see Invasion finally getting something done, although the indoor is quite nice!

mark, the owner, was telling me he is gonna get a outdoor airball field, netting, and maybe lights for the outside, next to the outdoor rec field

Big'n slo
06-08-2003, 09:29 PM
Mark was the ref when I played indoor there. Great guy, he also told me that the outdoor fields should be up very soon. I'm looking forward to trying them out, summer hours at work start this week which means half day Friday's! Plus my office is about 3 miles north of Invasion right on 73. So if anyones playing Fridays afternoons and dosnt mind an slo old guy playing, drop me a line.

Big'n slo
06-08-2003, 09:36 PM
:D

Big thanks to Tuna for the parts!!:cool:

dcmander
06-08-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Gman63
Gun looks really sweeeet. I would however go with Stainless Braided line over the Macro. My mag with an X-valve just recently experienced a spike on my reg wich blew my macro within a second. Most Stainlees line is rated for far more pressure than your gun will see.

Isn't blowing the macroline better than blowing something in your gun?

Tunaman
06-08-2003, 10:29 PM
That Macro line is TOO short! You need it to be at least 1/2" longer or more than it is right now. You MUST be sure that it is completely inserted all the way into the fitting and with out a slight bend in it you can never be sure. You are asking for trouble....;)

Big'n slo
06-08-2003, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up Tuna, will do!

dcmander
06-08-2003, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the heads up Tuna, will do!

Besides, don't your fingers get in the way with your macroline like that?

At first, thats how i wanted mine. I thought it looked the cleanest. But I run mine with a little bend just above the frame so my fingers dont hit it. (I use my middle and ring finer on the trigger, with my pointer finger vertical.)

Anyone else get on the trigger like that? I don't think i've seen many people do that.

Big'n slo
06-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Actually i pull the lower half of the trigger with my index finger. Makes for a longer pull but I feel I can pull faster that way.

dcmander
06-09-2003, 12:04 AM
Hmm..I guess i'm the only one :) I ALWAYS use 2fingers on a 2finger frame.... hm. :)

Big'n slo
06-09-2003, 03:04 PM
I've got fat fingers ;)

:p

Cryer
06-09-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by dcmander

...I use my middle and ring finer on the trigger, with my pointer finger vertical...

That's how I'll pull when I'm railing on someone. (98% of the time :rolleyes: ) I can get a good, long string going that way.

Actually i pull the lower half of the trigger with my index finger...

When I'm posted on someone or I'm planning on 1 or 2 shots, I'll do that. Also off the break, if I shoot, I'll do that to better stabilize the marker I guess.

Cryer
06-09-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by dcmander
Isn't blowing the macroline better than blowing something in your gun?

The valves are rated for 3000psi. Unless you somehow completely bypass your tanks reg, you'll never blow the valve in your gun. I use Stainless between my vertical ASA and Valve, but I use Macro on the bottom line because I'm planning (sometime in the future) to get a y-grip and I can easily cut down the macro line to fit that setup.

Benfica4ever
06-09-2003, 08:43 PM
Not much yu could really do with it. Execpt for an x-valve
NIce gun though.