PDA

View Full Version : A little help here please

Lakeview Bulldog
06-08-2003, 04:29 PM
I have found a reasonably priced Emag valve that I was planning on using in my classic Mag setup as I would a retro valve. Now I have searched this forum just to make sure that this emag valve is the same as a Retro and will work in my gun. The results were confusing to say the least. I saw people saying they were the same valve, that they were different, that emag valves were not even compatible with classic setups. And the whoole on/off pin length thing has me totally confused. So before I spend my money on this Emag valve I have a few questions

1) Will the Emag valve give me a Reactive trigger effect along with the instant recharge rate of the Retro valve?

2) Does the Emag valve run only on Nitro?

3) Is the Emag valve compatible with my classic setup?

4) Will I have to change the on/off pin to get the valve to function properly in my gun?

Thank You to anyone who feels up to try and explain this to me. Your help is much appreciated.

Cryer
06-08-2003, 04:37 PM
1) Yes. Same valve, just different Laser engraving.

2) Yes. (sort of) Automags to begin with aren't good with CO2. The Retro valves rely even more so on nitro's consistancy. You can run CO2 through it but you won't like the results.

3) Yes. The only marker that you can't interchange the valve is the Classic RT.

4) More than likely. EMags use a shorter pin; .712, I think. You'll need around .750 for your classic setup. So unless he was useing it with a classic you'll need to buy a pin. Talk to Tunaman. he has them. (He has everything)

LittlePaintballBoy
06-08-2003, 04:56 PM
acytually the emag/retro/x valves can only be used with n2. thats what it says on the bottom of an rt pro rail if you look.

ps- didnt mean to sound rude if i did cryer.;)

Cryer
06-08-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by LittlePaintballBoy
acytually the emag/retro/x valves can only be used with n2. thats what it says on the bottom of an rt pro rail if you look.

ps- didnt mean to sound rude if i did cryer.;)

'salright!;)

GT
06-08-2003, 05:18 PM
ditto to what you guys said.

just need a new pin.
.750 its under 'retro'

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=132&CATID=6

jb

Lakeview Bulldog
06-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Will the new on/off pin just drop right in? And what is this I hear about the Quad O ring setup of the emag valves. Will those fit on the RT on/off?

Cryer
06-08-2003, 09:31 PM
If youre just replacing the pin, take the on/off assembly out of the valve bottom, slide the pin out of the assembly, slide the new pin in, replace the on/off assembly. Done!