PDA

View Full Version : Egg humor

speedyejl
06-08-2003, 06:29 PM
Please don't get offended at these, I made them after a bad experince with my new yboard egg on Friday night. I bought it because my HALO B was down, I ended up chopping twice, and got a few skips. Mind you the thing is advertised at 19bps, and my Impulse is capped at 13.7bps.

http://www.elairsmiths.com/egg/eggbk.jpg
http://www.elairsmiths.com/egg/fridgeegg.jpg
http://www.elairsmiths.com/egg/motheregg.jpg
http://www.elairsmiths.com/egg/omeletegg.jpg

FalconGuy016
06-08-2003, 06:35 PM
Lol :)

IcantBelieveit
06-08-2003, 07:04 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

speedyejl
06-08-2003, 07:08 PM
Luckily most people here on AO use HALOs on their mags, or revs. Not too many eggs. On IOG where I first posted a thread bashing my egg (w.o these pics) I got flamed sooo bad. I'm willing to bet that at least 1/2 the people on IOG use Eggs.

http://www.elairsmiths.com/public/egg.jpg

sniper1rfa
06-08-2003, 07:09 PM
bring the cap down to 12-13 bps and you should be fine...

eggs cannot in real life feed more than 13 bps. they are just very good at keeping the feed tube full.

Strider
06-08-2003, 07:55 PM
Funny, everyone I know have Eggs, many abandoning their Halo for it... Emags, RTs, Impulses, Intimidators, Angels (of all sorts)... I have both, and prefer my egg.

EDIT: Love the pics though! Funny! :D

Peach
06-08-2003, 08:00 PM
:D I like my egg 2.. But you did make my laugh, and make me hungary...

ugabiged88
06-08-2003, 08:17 PM
lol

speedyejl
06-08-2003, 08:18 PM
Only really older Impulses have adjustable BPS settings, its not an issuse for me though. I'm sending my HALO out overnight tommorow, and I'm going to have it sent back to me overnight. I might get it back before Friday if god favors me.

New HALO B TE vs EGGII Yboard, I wouldn't abandon the HALO, yet alone touch the egg. ;)

spydervenom
06-08-2003, 08:59 PM
hehe...thats funny...you should've just put some cheeze in the egg for the omlette thing

this may sound stupid, but was your speed adjusted all the way up on the egg? i played all day today w/ it as low as it goes...then i realized that it was all the way down :(

Umbra Solis
06-08-2003, 09:08 PM
Very inventive. Strang though, not once have I choped with my Egg...

speedyejl
06-08-2003, 09:12 PM
Yea the speed was all the way up, first thing I checked when I got it. I've heard plenty of stories about people goofing up with that useless feature.

*ArKfEaR*
06-08-2003, 09:54 PM
1 Question...

Where do you get the time to do this?

I wish i had enough time to make little scenarios with my camera, than edit them in photoshop, than post em on the boards.

Amazing ...

GT
06-08-2003, 10:16 PM
No offence,
but why would you buy a pulse w/o vision?

jb

Snapps
06-08-2003, 10:33 PM
I just sold my Halo B for 55, after using my bro's new Egg at the field on friday night...
OMG i felt like i was carrying feathers on my Imp compared to a giant dumbell on top... I think it has to do with my small frame 5'5" (105 pounds) I had no issues with it, i was maxing my non-vision board the whole day (13.7 bps on a no-rise feed tube)
to me the egg just feels better balanced, and i dont have any qualms about the halo B, it just didnt suite me and my style...although i loved tipping my imp horizantal and just railing on the trigger and not skipping a beat...

oooh i forgot to mention, VERY VERY VERY FUNNY STUFF THERE ^^^^!!! :D :p :D :p :D

Nomad
06-08-2003, 11:14 PM
My Egg is scrambled! :D :D

speedyejl
06-08-2003, 11:33 PM
lol, it didn't take that much time. When I got back from church I just took out the camera, and as I cooked lunch (you can see two eggs on the frying pan there) I just took some shots.

I have a WAS on preorder, for 3months now...
Not having a vision is something which is starting to annoy me, but with the HALO I never had issuses.

Every one always says the egg is sooo much lighter. I have both here infront of me and the difference is there but it doesn't feel like that much. I'm going to the PO tommorow I'll get some accurate weights for both of them.

rehme
06-09-2003, 12:45 AM
i also have both a egg2 and halo B

i dont see why people say the the egg2 is so much lighter they both seem about the same weight but the egg2 is a hair lighter tho.

another thing is that the egg2 sucks down batteries like no other i put brand new batteries in it and the low battery was already on.

on my friends egg2 his lid broke 2 times can you tell how much quality is in them.

the halo might be a little heavier but it is not brass eagle. IMO i think everybody should stay away from brass eagle.

BlackVCG
06-09-2003, 01:05 AM
I thought HALOs were quality products until I had two go down today during a tournament...

jaylock33
06-09-2003, 08:05 AM
As far as the speed adjustment being useless goes, it's a nice feature for people like me with a mech gun who will never touch 19 bps with their current set up. Dropping the speed a little seems to save batteries and is probably a little less stressfull on the motor.

paintball_junkie
06-09-2003, 10:40 AM
Hey if you dont want it that bad i'll buy it form you for $20.

rikkter
06-09-2003, 12:31 PM
i just bought a egg for my emag and put about a case through it already in a scenario, i haven't had one problem yet.

Hucklbry
06-09-2003, 01:36 PM
My question is why are you bashing the egg and how it chopped and skipped, but at least it is not being sent out to get fixed.
Just wondering.

speedyejl
06-09-2003, 02:54 PM
Luckily so the egg isn't out being fixed. I've heard plenty of stories of eggs going down and VL giving you a month turn around or worse. Two people I play with on a near weekly basis both decided to get eggs because they were cheaper. The board fried on one, and the other the lid busted of the shell on one side. It honestly did take a month of repair plus a week shipping to get them back to them. On the one where the shell snapped VL just epoxied it back into place. Before he snapped it again he bought a HALO, and sold the egg. I also think you were trying to make a point, not just wondering.

Zhivago
06-09-2003, 04:40 PM
That is some good stuff! Keep em comming man!

:D Sweet Pics:D