PDA

View Full Version : Unreal Players

LittlePaintballBoy
06-08-2003, 08:24 PM
any of you guys play unreal tournament? i have the 1st one and 2003, personnally i think the1st is better.any of you guys play, or cant you hanle the UNREALity?:D :D

GT
06-08-2003, 10:33 PM
I love UT. I dl'ed 2k3 demo and thought it kinda sucked.

If you have some IP's I would love to play with some AO folks.

jb

LittlePaintballBoy
06-08-2003, 10:37 PM
ip's? i am not very techy with the game, i just play it lol:rolleyes:

-=Squid=-
06-09-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by LittlePaintballBoy
ip's? i am not very techy with the game, i just play it lol:rolleyes:

Dude, Ip's arent a game feature, he means your IP address so you can play multiplayer ;)

GT
06-09-2003, 10:09 AM
if you play on hte net alot you can view a server's IP, save it as a favorite by highlighting it and clicking on favorite. Catch me on aim tonight and shoot me a IP and we can get our butts kicked togther.

jb

Nobody077
06-10-2003, 11:06 PM
The OG Unreal tourny is much better than the new one. I still play from time to time but havent been able to find a good server lately, I got realy tired with Lava gaint and Faceing Worlds.

I think Im going to go play a little now:)

gibby
06-11-2003, 01:47 PM
Am I the first person to admit I liked 2k3 better than the first? However, I must admit, the sniper rifle in 2k3 isn't the same anymore and the first one felt oooh so perfect!

I didn't like the first one because it allowed a relatively mediocre player to be relatively difficult to beat. Not because of skill, but because it was very easy to spam with the charged rockets.

My online gaming days started when Quake first came out. The idea of having a sense of where and what the other players were doing through sounds, using their knowledge of when things spawned and getting to know the map really well. The twitch reaction and weapon precision also added to it and I believe a lot of the weapons in UT took away from that.

2k3 for me seems to want to make it more competative and more precise and spamming has been toned down some. The rockets don't seem to be as powerful as the first but that's a good thing. Instead of 5, there's only 3 that comes out when it's charged.

dave_p
06-11-2003, 07:23 PM
im in! someone should start an AO UT game thread and post ip's there. we could even have an AO clan if people were ambitious enough.
anyone want to run a dedicated server???

GT
06-11-2003, 08:44 PM
I agree someone through up an IP/date/time and I am there.

jb

gibby
06-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Well, I've been known to set up game servers for Quakeworld, Quake3, Half Life mods such as TFC and DP. I can probably try setting up a UT server but it will be west coast. I'll need to download the server side stuff and updates but if there's enough players who are interested, I can try setting one up...nothing 24/7...but something for when a few of us want to play. Let me know.

GT
06-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by gibby
Well, I've been known to set up game servers for Quakeworld, Quake3, Half Life mods such as TFC and DP. I can probably try setting up a UT server but it will be west coast. I'll need to download the server side stuff and updates but if there's enough players who are interested, I can try setting one up...nothing 24/7...but something for when a few of us want to play. Let me know.

gibby,
like i said man, just spark up a game and post it in this thread.

jb

Ultimator
06-12-2003, 12:40 AM
That's weird ... I just got finished watching MTV and True Life: I'm a Gamer was on. There was one guy named Fatal1ty who played in a lot of UT2k3 tourneys and it showed one where he won $10,000. It all seemed pretty cool and really new to me. One guy played Golden Tee Golf (the arcade game) for a living ... over all the games he's played he said he had won close to $150,000 on bets. Anyway ...

WicKeD_WaYz
06-12-2003, 12:47 AM
what the hell are you guys talking about

Cryer
06-12-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Ultimator
...One guy played Golden Tee Golf (the arcade game) for a living...

what a life. If I turn out like that, shoot me. All of you shoot me. But laugh at me and insult me first, so I know how pathetic I turned out.

Reo5th
06-12-2003, 01:22 AM
I like 2k3 way better than the first. I'm def. in to drop some pwnage on my fellow ao-ers...

kenndogg
06-12-2003, 02:04 AM
whats all your s/n on ut 2k3?

Reo5th
06-12-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by kenndogg
whats all your s/n on ut 2k3?

BoyGeorge (don't ask)

GT
06-12-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Cryer

what a life. If I turn out like that, shoot me. All of you shoot me. But laugh at me and insult me first, so I know how pathetic I turned out.

I think that ranks up there with teh guy that owns 13 timmy's. sorry but if I drop 17k on pb crap and I dont have a store/field someone feel free to kick my ***.

my user is gtrsi, someone needs to crank up a server not just for UT but a few different games. Maybe change the game every week?

jb

kenndogg
06-12-2003, 02:42 PM
mine's [A.I.R.]Kenedy

Nobody077
06-12-2003, 06:12 PM
I am currently putting together a old 1gig computer for my little cousin to use whene he comes to my house, all I need is to pick up a new hard drive for this comp(this 40 gig is full of games :) ), then put this drive in the 1giger and I will use it for a game server, I get 2000/256 on my cable line so I should have enough bandwith to run a 20 person server, I wont be able to run it 24/7 but should be able to take day/time requests when its ready. I wount be able to get it ready till next payday(unless I win lots of money in laughlin this weekend). Let me know what games people will want and I will see about geting iny that I dont allready have. I currently have Q3, Unreal, Counter Strike with AdminMod (stats,camper call, time post)and PodBod if wanted, Wolfenstien, Medal of Honor allied assault and SpearHead. Let me know if there are iny other's people are intrested in and I will see what I can do when I get this box put together.
Oh Ya, They Call Me "TheBloodyOne" or "Nobody077" I dont use Nobody077 much iny more in games though beacuse a little brat has been useing it at a local cafe to piss people off, but hes only 12 so I cant beat the crap out of him:mad:

dave_p
06-12-2003, 09:49 PM
ill be hangin here tonight:

GT
06-12-2003, 09:55 PM
im there

LittlePaintballBoy
06-12-2003, 09:58 PM
whats youre name and what game you playin in?

GT
06-12-2003, 10:14 PM
whats youre name and what game you playin in?

see the pic where it says server address? record that number w/o the 7777's

got into unreal tourny and click find internet games

then click on teh favorites tab

right click on the top black square and select add favorite

then put that number in.

ALL AO PLAYERS PLEASE ADD {AO} TO YOUR NAME>

jb

LittlePaintballBoy
06-12-2003, 10:18 PM
i dont see the server number? i dot usually play ol

GT
06-12-2003, 10:20 PM
i dont see the server number? i dot usually play ol

GT
06-12-2003, 10:21 PM
could someone post a list of servers that you regluarly play on?

jb

LittlePaintballBoy
06-12-2003, 10:27 PM
your playing in that server as {AO}gtrsi right? ill be {AO}Bizmo.

SlipknotX556
06-12-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Cryer

Will do Cryer. I will be the first to shoot. :)

kenndogg
06-13-2003, 12:11 AM
hey is this UT or UT2k3?

I play 2k3 as [A.I.R.]-Kenedy

AssassN
06-13-2003, 10:55 AM
I loved the first one but I still like the new one too. My brother has it but I don't know where it is and he is at his moms. You guys made me wanna play it and I cna't find it :mad: :eek: .