PDA

View Full Version : OLD cocker body build up.

want2race
06-08-2003, 11:55 PM
Pump away.

Not as easy as I thought it was going to be. Not just a simple parts swap.

The velocity adjuster that we all know and love did not exist. The bottom hole, the one that has the hammer and valve, was not threaded.

The sear adjustment was meant to be done from underneath. Drilled the hole from the top to aide adjustments.

Last major problem was the ball detent, threads were stripped. Don't have a TIG, so McGyver time. Took a standard bottle fill nipple (HPA), cut the threads down 6 and cut the other end down to the hex portion. Sanded smooth. Took my old Angel ball detent, popped the ball and spring out and put in fill nipple. Used a punch to retain the ball in the hole. Works, and looks good.

Body Serial number in the early 15K range.

want2race
06-12-2003, 03:10 AM
Detent

want2race
06-12-2003, 03:12 AM
More

Brak
06-13-2003, 11:39 AM
that is really cool. thats a 12-gram on the foregrip right? thats awesome, but that isnt a stock body cocker is it? who made it?

want2race
06-13-2003, 06:04 PM
Yep on the 12 gram. It's a Taso version of a Rat-at-Tac.

Stock body, milled by Desert Fox Pb in AZ. They just did it for kicks, and practice.

askman
06-13-2003, 06:31 PM
on the older cocker, the velocity adjuster/end cap was capture onto the body using a screw from the bottom. (where the beavertail is attached now) I have an extra one of those part. my vertical minicocker uses same style. (it is a pre 2k minicocker body converted to vertical feed)

http://www.geocities.com/askman01/mini.JPG

want2race
06-13-2003, 06:36 PM
That's what I fiqured. I saw that hole was not tapped, instead it was counter sunk.

Dam nice cocker, Who converted it to VF? I have a FreeFlow that I want to EFrame. It is RF.

askman
06-27-2003, 10:47 PM
I don't know who converted. I got it that way from ebay and no serial number. It was really ghetto when I got it, because you could see the weld line and all. (The guy had it hidden on the picture with a lot of stickers) I got it cheap enough, so I am not complaining a whole lot. After quite a bit of work and powdercoating(anodizing would have been not the answer), it actually looks decent. It took 2 coat of powdercoating to hide all the flaws on it. It does work really nice now though. My total investment is probably close to 350 by the time I was done, so it was not a bargain, but not a bad deal.

robertjuric
06-28-2003, 11:04 PM
How cheap can you pick up old, old cocker bodies like that?

askman
06-28-2003, 11:19 PM
well, I've seen bodies go for 50bucks and up on ebay. I bought a full sized milled body kit for 135 brand new with black finish as well. I bought this one for 275 with a revvy. It was complete with bad ANS front reg. Initially I was mad, but it turned out fairly nice by the time I finished. traded extra parts I had for refinishing. Had some parts already, and all I needed was new front reg.

robertjuric
06-28-2003, 11:37 PM
hmmm Id like to find an old body, thatd be neat. especially if i could pick one up for like $50. ill go check ebay.

askman
06-29-2003, 05:40 PM
on ebay, you just have to be patient. I like to buy them during the winter time, when there is less competition for goods. You can find really good deals after october.. good hunting...

Statik7
07-01-2003, 07:17 PM
:cool: you from OT?