PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't V-force have a fan upgrade?

aaron_mag
06-09-2003, 12:19 AM
Curious as to why only JT have the fan upgrade? I love my V-force mask but on hot days when I am running around alot it DOES fog up (as does my Spectra). Difference is I can flip on the vortex fan with the JT. The V-force is just so COOL though. Does JT have some sort of patent on mask fans?

Anyone have any advice on how to keep the V-force from fogging up. Any sort of antifog that will actually work and not screw up the mask?

FooTemps
06-09-2003, 12:37 AM
computer fans? i need a fan for my vforce to keep my glasses from fogging.

Also, do morphs have a flap behind the visor for forehead protection?

nippinout
06-09-2003, 05:07 AM
Foo, why not use the visor for forehead protection? I chopped off the flap on my Shield and use the visor. It's my ULE V-Force. :D I also throw a hat on backwards in addition.

Computer fans are very cheap. Under $3 and all you do is add a switch and battery/battery clips. Some fans only connect one way so you can't get the fan to switch from suck to blow. (I had to say it. hehehe)

Solder or twist wires together and zip tie the whole mess together. Don't bother with hot glue, it won't hold.

I remember the JT X-wind fan was around $40+ the last time I looked at them, but that was a few years ago. Save yourself the cash and put a fan together yourself. It's really easy.

Foo, try to stop sweating and breathing so hard. j/k

I know a couple guys who would take anti-fog fluid and put it on their glasses directly. They used the jugs of auto anti-fog. Just make sure you let it 'dry' instead of wiping it clean off. Also make sure it's safe for the lenses of your glasses.

aaron_mag
06-09-2003, 07:29 AM
Yes car antifog fluid works great for glasses. We use that for my stepson's glasses and it really works. I do not wear glasses.

Maybe I should stop sweating so much. Anyone know of a doctor that can perform an operation on the sweat glands?:D

Maybe I'll look into rigging something for the Vforce mask with a computer fan. Interesting idea...

vf-xx
06-09-2003, 07:44 AM
I've put fans in my V-force and my friends.

I use 2x 12v fans each connected to one 9v battery that I have tied down in the cheeks of the mask. I have one venting in and one venting out. This mod MUST be used with the visor because it involves cutting out part of the forehead guard.

I've currently only found computer fans localy for $10 but I'm willing do do more mask mods if ya'll want.

Where are these $3 fans?

nippinout
06-09-2003, 07:48 AM
http://www.directron.com/jmc601512hba.html

http://us.st7.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/directron_1740_13699551

On sale for $0.99

For fans, you get what you pay for. For paintball, a dead fan isn't going to cause hundreds of dollars of damage. Besides, bad bearings make cool noises. :)

aaron_mag
06-09-2003, 07:48 AM
Cool. I'll give it a try as well. Maybe you should start producing these fans for the V-force commercially. Then you can build a global paintball empire, buy out brass eagle, and make all good with the world....:D

Serioulsy though two fans would be awesome. I'll have to give it a try..

GT
06-09-2003, 08:04 AM
toothpaste is also a great anti-fog agent. My v force, which is actually BE mask never fogs. It also helps if there clean, the lens.

jb

aaron_mag
06-09-2003, 08:32 AM
You are joking right? If you are you need to include a smiley face. I'm dumb enough to put battery acid on the mask if someone tells me it prevents fogging.:)

GT
06-09-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by aaron_mag
You are joking right? If you are you need to include a smiley face. I'm dumb enough to put battery acid on the mask if someone tells me it prevents fogging.:)

Not joking. Just dont rub real hard or it may scratch. I use to do this all the time when I wore glasses.

jb

AcemanPB
06-09-2003, 09:34 AM
I have a Morph and I've never had any problems with fogging, although I don't wear glasses.

manike
06-09-2003, 10:46 AM
You might want to take a look at what I did here...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22915&highlight=vforce+fan

:)

aaron_mag
06-09-2003, 10:54 AM
Sweet setup. Guess I should have searched!!! Now I have something to model it after. I'd like to keep the visor that came with the v-force so might have to set it up a little differently. Thanks!

hitech
06-09-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by manike
You might want to take a look at what I did here...

Where did you find those fans? I've never seen any that small!

DCB
06-09-2003, 01:18 PM
manike
That is very nice!:D I might have to try it. I had a JT fan and I did get it to fit without cutting anything....I only have 2 of the pegs from the bottom of the fan that are holding it on...I will let you know if it works.