PDA

View Full Version : Tom Kaye, a squirrel, and a paintgun, and the photos to prove what happened

Tyger
06-09-2003, 03:39 AM
I threatened Tom at the Sam's Big game that I'd post these, and now, it's time. Why? Why not. It's Monday.

See, it was back in 1993, when I first really met Tom Kaye. It was a big game in St. Louis that brought out all the big names. Palmer, Kaye, Schloss, Schultz, Kamyia, Cassidy, Long, Pawlack, Youngblood, Forester, Pestina, Trent, Rudig, Tripes, Brugello, Rose... Odds are you've heard of a few of these people.

Anyway, I was just a nobody with a camera (and I still am, come to think of it...). And I saw Tom there, playing with a squirrel. No, really, he was! In the Pro Shop he day before the big game, he was playing with a squirrel! At first I thought he was trying to wrestle the paintball gun away from the furry woodland creature, so I pulled out my camera and snapped a picture. See "figure 1" below... ((Pic 2 to follow in a moment... PLEASE give me a chance to post it, I'm on dialup...))

-Tyger

Tyger
06-09-2003, 03:40 AM
So then Tom comes out of the doorway, and he SHOWS ME what he had! Someone was playing around with a plastic squirrel lawn ornament, and a VM-68, and this came out of it. Tom thought it was funny, and I think I still find it funny.

And Tom actually allowed himself to have pictures taken of himself with this Dr. Meraux abomination too! Nobody can accuse him of not having a sense of humor!

To this day, I think this would be the BEST camo loader made!!!!

And, yes, I HAVE been digging through old photos, why do you ask? I'm planning on blowing up the first pic up there. See all those patches on the wall over TK's head? I can ID at least 5, Including the HOG patch... If I can, I'll post a cleaner pic and see how many people can ID them all. :)

-Tyger

darklord
06-09-2003, 03:52 AM
LOL, look how happy he is! :D Funny concept, but eventually ppl would catch on, and the tendency for most people to want to shoot small animals in the woods would kinda make that thing a target :p

Ov3rmind
06-09-2003, 04:00 AM
Holy crap, I want that hopper.

Doc Nickel
06-09-2003, 04:44 AM
I'm pretty sure I have that issue of Paintball Sports International, and I used to have that poster of Youngblood.

In fact, that gun- his silver 'Cocker with the Carteresque (him being an apprentice to Earon, after all) underslung 10-ounce on the L-stock was the inspiration (through an earlier APG cover with the same marker) for my green AutoCocker when I built it back in '95:

http://www.docsmachine.com/scalpel.jpg

(I still have that exact gun in that exact configuration. Odd what was 'cutting edge' only a few years ago is now considered almost obsolete. I remember when somebody once offered me $1,200 for it.)

Anyway... :D

Doc.

rpm07
06-09-2003, 04:00 PM
You just have to love old school.
Here you go Doc my 2 VM-68s that I had Carter do for me back 9 years ago. Same style Youngblood used to use.
I still kick myself for selling them.

rpm07
06-09-2003, 04:01 PM
other 1

Duhck
06-09-2003, 04:13 PM
thatd be fun to do to my old vm-68

CrazyLad
06-09-2003, 07:16 PM
thats the coolest hopper ever

Mighty Mike
06-09-2003, 07:51 PM
OMG.....I still have that Paintball magazine in the background of pic #2.:eek:

That picture of Tom and the squirrel was actually taken in May/June of 1995. I seriously need to throw some things away.:rolleyes:

FooTemps
06-09-2003, 08:29 PM
wow! that's a great idea for woods... I'll need to look into how effective squirrel camo really is. hahaha, Yay, I get to wear a squirrel suit to go paintballing!

Halo2x
06-09-2003, 09:38 PM
Tom must find this embarising(sp?), he hasent replied yet

Anybody know where i can get one of those squirles any way?, i have a plan:D

RobAGD
06-09-2003, 11:59 PM
Yummmmm

PMI 3/VM-68 with an orginal Smart Parts Drilled Barrel... Those things were deadly :)

-R

logamus
06-10-2003, 12:18 AM
i sure do dig those old vm's. i liked them when they were new and i still like them. although, i like the horozontal tank under the barrel setup best.

davidnj
06-10-2003, 12:20 AM
That stock\CO2 setup is neat. Wonder if I can find one of those to play around with.

Tyger
06-10-2003, 01:11 AM
I just looked it up. it was '94. I know this becasue it was the year I got my Stroker. It's also the years before they moved to the new shop, as those pice were taken at Tim Schloss's old shop, where I signed the door. The other pics in the set include pics inside the shop. I also remember it was the first time I met Charles Holton.

-Tyger