PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions on Evil paintballs. Good/bad ??

CFD323
06-09-2003, 11:21 AM
I normally shoot either PMI Premium, Marbs, or Diablo Blaze. I'm looking for something new since the last few batches of Blaze have not impressed me much. How is the RPS Evil paint ? Is it a thick enough fill that will stain your clothes ? I want something thick but not so thick that you can't get it out of your clothes at the end of the day ?

Dayspring
06-09-2003, 11:47 AM
Evil is AWESOME paint. Probably the best stuff out there. Consistently round, flies straight and is REALLY bright. And it's thick enough that it will stick on a goggle and not drip. (The staining stuff is ULTRA Evil. usually a white or pink shell. The regular good Evil is yellow or orange.)

I find the yellow shell a little more brittle than the orange. And that's a good thing.

Brak
06-09-2003, 11:49 AM
they are great paintballs. they are medium bore, but a little bit on the small side, a bit smaller than marbs is what ive found. they are thick and the break nicely, but the wont stain clothes. my friend played with them with his m98 and a stock barrel and he was shoot darts, suprisingly enough, and since it was a pickup woods game everyone was wearing normal clothes and none got stained beyond repair.

Duke Henry
06-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Yes, stay away from ULTRA EVIL. That stuff WILL stain. Regular orange evil is what is being used at a local tourney series and is very nice.

To me, a bit expensive for practice paint, but if you get to use it in a tournament, you are well off.

Lone Wolf2
06-09-2003, 12:15 PM
evil is pretty darn good.But if u can get your hands on some ultra evil it is freakin awsome.

rhcp377
06-09-2003, 12:17 PM
evil is really good paint imo. But i prefer marbalizer and thats some of what your shooting

cannedheat
06-09-2003, 01:00 PM
Thats wierd... every time I've gotten shot by orange evil it has stained my clothes.:(

Rynoboy06
06-09-2003, 01:46 PM
I've never had really great results with evil, but I'm not sure that any of the 3-4 cases of it I've shot have been super fresh. I perfer marbs or chronic.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
06-09-2003, 02:33 PM
I used to shoot only marbs. After trying evil, I have decided to switch over to evil completely. It has a great fill, shoots straight, and breaks easier then the marbs. Best of all I get it for 50 a case versus 55 for the marbs =)

BobTheCow
06-09-2003, 02:40 PM
Yeah I shoot only Marbs and Evil, mostly Marbs right now because of a perfect barrel to paint match... but Evil is AWESOME, go for it if you've got the cash, for the same reasons most everybody else has said.

CFD323
06-09-2003, 02:57 PM
What's the bore size on the Evil ? Same as Marbs ?

Has anyone else noticed a difference between the yellow and orange ? (I know Dayspring said he thought yellow was more brittle.)

I found a local PB shop that's selling it for $50 so I'll have to give it a try this weekend at the BYOP big game at Fox Paintball.

Dayspring
06-09-2003, 03:18 PM
I don't know how well Evil does in cold weather or in rain. I just happened to shoot it all indoor this winter. But that was enough for me to fall in love with it.

"Have an Evil day. :D"

beefstew
06-09-2003, 05:05 PM
Chronic by zap, thats where its at. Cheap, Fresh if you order from a decent vendor, and thick thick fill.
Phil

CFD323
06-09-2003, 05:09 PM
I hear Chronic stains bad though...

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
06-09-2003, 05:59 PM
haha what really stains bad is the ultra chronic! That stuff is like snot LOL Then again any of the ultra stuff has a thick staining fill..ie ultra evil, ultra marbs. I shot the ultra chronic this past weekend...I like it alot, but I can't get a continous supply of it.

darc
06-10-2003, 09:58 AM
Evils are really big, I use a .691 bore and it fits snug.

zarcon13
06-10-2003, 10:41 AM
Dude, by far the best paint I have shot is powerball. I have shot everything out there and nothing compares. I used to only shoot proball platinum and team colors religiously, but my team tried powerball and I would use nothing else unless its house paint only.Try it

_Spork_1
06-10-2003, 10:49 AM
what bore is evil? the only cocker barrel i've got(viking coming in the mail) is a .689 and i'm wondering if i'll be able to use that for evil.

omni
06-10-2003, 10:50 AM
Chronic sticks when it hits, it how ever doesn't Stain your clothes. I've been hit with alot, and I have no perma stains in my jersey or pants.

This is based on the Stuff I used at our Outdoor, Skyball and the most recent TOC event 2 weeks ago. (Orange, Green, Pink)

I love Chronic, it would have to be my fav. paint out there. Good size bore(689) and it's like shooting Glue.

JAM
06-11-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by _Spork_1
what bore is evil? the only cocker barrel i've got(viking coming in the mail) is a .689 and i'm wondering if i'll be able to use that for evil.

Spork, i've been using a .689 back with the last 2 cases of evil i got from PEVs, so i think you'll be fine.

MaChu
06-11-2003, 10:53 AM
Ultra evil is the best paint out there, even tho the pink really stains. But it shoots darts, its perfect with a bright thick fill and the most brittle shell Ive ever seen. Also priced at $80 a case, but thats how much it is if you want to shoot the best.

_Spork_1
06-11-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by JAM

Spork, i've been using a .689 back with the last 2 cases of evil i got from PEVs, so i think you'll be fine.

excellent, thanks.

Check-it usally has lower paint prices BTW Jam if you live near the one next to Papa Johns.