PDA

View Full Version : Painting an Automag

i_baked_cookies
06-09-2003, 12:02 PM
has anyone ever tried to paint a classic automag grey body? im gonna do it and i want to make sure before i do that it works. im not sure if the paint would stick, so could someone enlighten me? thanks

:D

Lakeview Bulldog
06-09-2003, 01:23 PM
I would reccomend not painting it. The paint doesn't usually hold up that well. I would have it powdercoated. I know if you look in the Dealer's Forum you can find Paintballbeaver's Powder Coat thread. I had my Mag body coated for $20 total (that included shipping both ways) He does good work. He will also keep redoing it until you are happy with the results. I was happy with what I got back the first time though. I hope that helped.

i_baked_cookies
06-09-2003, 11:02 PM
well i painted it anyways. 4 coats of orange with blue flames. looks pretty cool, but it still has to dry overnite. if it doesnt stick, im gonna take it off and get it annoed

AkumA
06-09-2003, 11:48 PM
i thought mag bodies can't be annoed.

Lakeview Bulldog
06-10-2003, 08:11 AM
They can't be annoed. Well I'm glad it turned out well for you. Post some pics. Also share any tips that you used to make it turn out better. Im sure there are plenty of people who would be interested in them.

i_baked_cookies
06-13-2003, 12:36 PM
i thought they could be annoed... oh well stupid me

anyways im gettn a red ULE sometime

see pics here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87321)