PDA

View Full Version : Thanks AGD for making such a beatiful marker!

Dave
06-09-2003, 03:31 PM
Who says mags just have to be an old grey tube? I have been custom building this mag for a few months now, and I feel it is just about complete! Thank you AGD...and thank you AO, where people can come and learn that mags can be beautiful markers too!:D

dogEmedic
06-09-2003, 03:36 PM
Now that sir is a nice looking marker, I like the mix of black and blue.

alan

jaylock33
06-09-2003, 03:38 PM
Nice looking gun.

Dave
06-09-2003, 03:39 PM
Here are the specs on this marker:

Custom made no-rise body from hi-rise emag body, powdercoated by KP Customs (thanks!)
Emag valve
LVL 10
Dye Xcel barrel
Blue Omega rail
AGD Intelliframe, 1st generation old school gloss black
Dyed blue Dye panel grips
custom turned ASA also powdercoated by KP Customs
Custom Products full size blue gas thru
Shocktech blue med. drop
Shocktech black on/off ASA
Pure Energy 68/3000 fiber (great tanks!)
Rase tank cover
Redz barrel cover
Steel braided hose w/wire cover and blue 90 elbows

Things I am still working on:

Allen plug for the ASA
Blue Halo B which I will be getting back from PEVs
Trigger tuning (which will be discussed in depth in the tinkerers forum)
Roguefactor's AO barrel cover
Doc Nickel's cocker barrel adaptor

Dave
06-09-2003, 03:42 PM
more pictures

Dave
06-09-2003, 03:43 PM
more

Dave
06-09-2003, 03:44 PM
inside the house

Dave
06-09-2003, 03:45 PM
last one:D

WarBUCKs
06-09-2003, 03:47 PM
Very Nice!

-=Squid=-
06-09-2003, 03:50 PM
Truthfully, that is the best looking non-electro mag I have ever seen :eek:

Cryer
06-09-2003, 03:50 PM
How did you dye those grips?

Did you use rit dye like we usually dye hoppers (boil and dip)?

I bought some Frymark copies in red, but if you can dye them, I'll buy a pair of them for my main setup.

BTW, That's PIMP! Love the Blue Omega!

circus5
06-09-2003, 03:53 PM
ooh..... shiney

Dave
06-09-2003, 03:59 PM
Cryer...

yes! You can dye them exactly like the revvys...and you use the same RIT dye. I boiled the water, and stuck them on a toaster oven tray in the pot so they wouldn't touch the sides or bottom. A good thing to do is to wash them in hot soapy water (much like the model cars) to prep them. Just be careful...they take the dye very very fast! Check them often, and you'll be ok:)

-Dave

Derman2k
06-09-2003, 04:28 PM
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/039-0015.html

Theres the plug that you're looking for...Mine came in chrome so I dunno if it would come in black like the picture or chrome...

MarkM
06-09-2003, 04:31 PM
Don't usually reply to the "look at my marker" threads but that really does stand out...very good job....good pics help, but anyhow, still looks very sleek.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
06-09-2003, 04:31 PM
Wow Just Wow

McSweedish
06-09-2003, 05:26 PM
How long is that barrel?

Hemorrhage
06-09-2003, 05:55 PM
Why the e-mag valve? Any particular reason? Please don't say "It's just cooler"

Remington
06-09-2003, 05:56 PM
Is that a powdercoated lo-rise body or ULE? :confused: If it's a lo-rise I can understand the need for Doc Nickel Cocker Barrel Adapter. Very nice marker indeed; definetly one of the nicest mech-mags I've seen so far on these boards! :D

ugabiged88
06-09-2003, 07:10 PM
That looks awesome!

CrazyLad
06-09-2003, 07:14 PM
thats a nice gun

BajaBoy
06-09-2003, 08:14 PM
wow makes me want to put down my emag and upgrade my rt agian. Great great job, im sure its even more stunning in person:cool:

Dave
06-09-2003, 08:26 PM
The barrel is a 14" Dye Xcel. It has on the lo/no-rise stainless body. The way I was able to get around the feedneck issue was to go w/ a modified hi-rise body by BradAGD that was on my Emag (that I no longer now have, went to a great guy known on these boards as Viral) These bodies are pretty rare...they don't have an adjustable feed neck...which is good, because if it did have the adjustable feed neck, the powdercoating would have probably cracked. I used the Emag valve because it just has the best feeling ever in this gun...it felt a lot better than the ReTro ever did...it still has the short Emag on/off pin, and the amazing thing is...it doesn't go crazy reactive on me! It has a little bit of a nicer sweet spot, but has an almost longer, smoother trigger pull which feels incredible. The Retro felt snappy, short, and hard.

-Dave

Quickling
06-09-2003, 09:43 PM
VERY NICE! :)

Dayspring
06-10-2003, 12:29 AM
WOW. That's awesome!

poloniusreep
06-10-2003, 01:09 AM
Wow thats a real nice tube:D

Josh2Xtremes
06-10-2003, 07:17 AM
A man after my own heart! Blue. The color of Royalty (and me) That is a downright gorgeous Automag right there. That should be a poster that could be given to every 'Mag hater. The text should read: "You know it's gorgeous. So shut up."
Josh

dropkick1
06-10-2003, 07:30 AM
thats somethign very similar for what i'm going towards, except all i really need now is a blue ULE body and it'll be complete. but that is a very sweet loking marker man, congrats

ken

nt2004
06-10-2003, 02:26 PM
a lot of people make some nasty looking mags but that is one beautiful mag

Cryer
06-10-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Josh2Xtremes
...The text should read: "You know it's gorgeous. So shut up."
Josh

Hell, yeah!

Hey Josh- What's with your tank? is it really blue? How can I turn mine Red?

Dave- Is that shrink-wrap on you hose? Where can I get some? Hardware stores? Also, What length hose is that? I'm thinking about running a hose like that as opposed to through the foregrip...

Dave
06-10-2003, 03:47 PM
the hose thats on there is not even shrink wrap...its industrial wire coating that I stripped off some wire I got at Lowes. That stuff is maaaad crazy hard to get on, took me about an hour and I had 3 blisters from jamming it on the hose:D I couldn't find any decent quality shirk wrap, let alone long enough, so I went the hard way, and now have the rubber form of steel protecting my air line:D

The hose length is .5 something...

8.5 or 9.5 I think. The best thing to do would be to take it into the shop and play around with different lengths of hose...thats what I did. It is very comfortable this way, and both right and left handed players can hold it. I shoot lefty.

-Dave

XVFrontplayer
06-10-2003, 04:37 PM
Dave your mag ROCKS!!!:D :D if you dont mind my asking, do you think i should put an omega rail on mine?

Ov3rmind
06-10-2003, 05:13 PM
I must say Dave, that is the most beautiful Mag I've ever seen. My hat goes off to you.

Dave
07-07-2003, 11:31 PM
Frontplayer, sorry I didn't answer your question earlier! First of all, you've already got a SWEET mag with great upgrades to begin with...including X-Valve, Warp, and Freak.

The thing that I did, was to come up with a color scheme before you ever start. Mine is blue and black. You can have all one color, like many beautiful mags on these forums have, like all black, or chrome, or try to go all red or green or something. Or you can have two toned mags, such as chrome and red, red and black, etc. I chose blue and black.

Next thing to do is to find out what parts need to stay the base color, and then what parts to be the accent color. The base color for my mag was black. I already had a gloss black intelliframe, and it was easier to get the body looking good in a powdercoated black instead of a powdercoated blue. So then I did a lot of thinking and drawing and figuring out what parts would look good w/ which color, and started collecting parts. I saw the blue omega in the store, and a month or two later, had it shipped to the store nearest me and got it, and just kept going w/ the parts. Something you should know is that this mag did not take only one day for me to think up, and one day for me to put together. It took months. But it was worth it to wait for things to be powdercoated, and for things to be in stock, instead of going the cheaper route.

Actually, my mag isn't done yet. I still have to do all the trigger work to the intelli and I did to my Z-grip, which produces a buttery trigger and no slop. Plus I'm still waiting for my blue Halo to come back:)

Onto your gun...obviously you have black in it:) I would go with that as your base color...if you wanted to keep the rest back, you could do that, but I also noticed that you had a chrome drop. If chrome is going to be an accent for you, then I would try to get clear revvy shells (or a clear Halo TSA), polish your Intelliframe trigger to a shine, and add a boomstick or better yet, a Powerlyte Scepter kit! Also, a chrome rail could be in it's future, but black does the job...in any case, think about it, and plan it out, that is very important. Don't do it on impulse...well, unless you see something you can't pass up, like a blue omega rail:)

Hope this helps,

Dave