PDA

View Full Version : Marker Dilemma...

mjs1217
06-09-2003, 04:00 PM
Hopefully at the end of this summer, but possibly later than that, I will be able to get a new paintball gun. However, even though it is so far away, I think that I should start thinking about which to get now. Right now I have a Spyder Compact 2000, and I think I should menion that it is literally falling apart, but that is a different story. Pretty much I need a gun that is good for rec play, be it hyperball or forest play. It also needs to be abel to withstand extreme heat, as sometimes it does get pretty hot here, but I don't think that is a really big issue.
I have narrowed it down to a few choices that look pretty good, considering my roughly 400 dollar budget including nitro, and I will list them in the order that I am considering them:

1) Tunamag - A classic or minimag. I've heard that tunamags are very good and Tuna is a nice guy so this is my top choice: Tuna said it will start at $299.

2) ICD BKO - I have heard that these are very good guns, but they are set to 10bps. I can buy one of these for about $260.00.

3) 2003 M3 Dragun LCD - I have never shot one of these, and I have only known one person who has one, who says that it is pretty good. These run about $200.00.

Okay, so what do you guys think?

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
06-09-2003, 04:18 PM
If your not against buying used, then get a used mag, ans since they are mags there probably wont be anything wrong with it besides maybe an o-ring or it might need some oil, plus you can get a used mag for about half the price. Lastly, dont get the dragon, all that basically is a better spyder with an e-frame.

and heres a link on what to look for when buying a used mag if u want http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109376

personman
06-09-2003, 04:20 PM
I would defentally go for the mag. Its mechanical so you dont have to worry about diving into that puddle or playing in the rain. Its almost invincible, so you dont have to spend time fixing it or having it fixed. It may be the highest priced gun on your list but it will last forever!

-=Squid=-
06-09-2003, 05:20 PM
DO NOT GET THE DRAGUN! If you were a complete noob, sure, go for it, but its just another spyder with a sear tripping electric frame, oh, they are set at 10bps too.

beefstew
06-09-2003, 05:25 PM
The lack of actual knowledge in this thread kills me.
BKO-Not set at 10bps, never was. It said on action village that it was set at 10 or 13 cant remember which, but they all now come factory set at 15 BPS.
Black dragun-I have seen these fire much faster than 10BPS and believe the are capped at around 16 BPS. I know that the marker is capable of 16BPS, i have seen it done, just not sure if that was the stock board or not.
I think you should go for a BKO fast and not a sear tripper. Factor parts in as well, you would need a barrel ect.
Phil

Lopy-slopy
06-09-2003, 06:28 PM
Getting the black dragon would basicaly be the same as throwing an electro frame on your spyder. I would go for the mag, but I am kind of byast, look at the name of the site this is on. I say try an electro gun and try a mag at your local feild. If you like the mag, get a mag, if you like the way the electro feels, buy the BKO. And beleave me. Even if it was set at 10 bps, it will still be plenty faster than your spyder and if all you plan on doing in the near future is play rec and small tourneys, it's all you need. BPS isn't the end all be all. Angels arn't insanely fast like some markers. Revy's can keep up with most people shooting angles. But they are still one of the best markers on the market. IMO BPS is more of a hype thing than somethig that realy will help your game.

TigerMan
06-09-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by beefstew
The lack of actual knowledge in this thread kills me.
BKO-Not set at 10bps, never was. It said on action village that it was set at 10 or 13 cant remember which, but they all now come factory set at 15 BPS.
Black dragun-I have seen these fire much faster than 10BPS and believe the are capped at around 16 BPS. I know that the marker is capable of 16BPS, i have seen it done, just not sure if that was the stock board or not.
I think you should go for a BKO fast and not a sear tripper. Factor parts in as well, you would need a barrel ect.
Phil

The BKO's were originally capped at 10 bps when they first came out.

And the Black Draguns, one of the models is capped at around 10 bps, I believe it's the compact one.

With that, I'd go for the mag anyways. Great gun and you can really find a good deal for one used. You could probably get a nicely upgraded one with nitro for well under $400.

Ryknow
06-09-2003, 06:37 PM
This is just my $.02 but I would stay away from the BKO and the Dragun. I have seen nothing but troubles out of both of them from my local shop,3 of 3 BKO's and god knows how many Black Draguns.. friend's Dragunfly didnt work out of the box. I would say get a used mag cheap, or a tunamag, which would be the optimum thing to do since they will be used and if you throw in some $$ you can get a ULE body, i-frame, x-valve, etc.

Teen
06-09-2003, 07:44 PM
my friend has a black dragun, it can be set up to 20bps, it has a super short trigger pull. its like a warped sports dark angel, it feels like the safe is on when you pull the trigger, thats how short it is. but i wouldn't get it, because its really inaccurate(when i say inaccurate, i mean REALLY inaccurate, you can really tell how bad the accuracy is), and inconsistant.

Fatjon
06-09-2003, 07:57 PM
All right let me put it like this.

BKO: extemely fast. Not a sear tripping electro, its a full electronic. Ive owned the 2k3 with the new frame. the trigger is fully adjustable to ubelievable measures. Its it built is a fairly high quility manor.

MAG: I owned a mag with intelliframe, lvl 10 and so on. I loved it. Not the fasted gun on the market. (im talking about a classic not rt) Very reliable if you know how to install lvl 10.

long story short i traded my mag for the bko. And a month later i bought my mag back. Id say go for the mag.

FooTemps
06-09-2003, 08:41 PM
BKO is okay but it's still doesn't hold any competition to the mag when it comes to quality. Seriously, the bushmaster feels iffy in my hands. The black dragun would be even worse since it has tons of plastic and has the spyder clone factor. (I don't hold anything against spyders but the BKO beats the hell of out of a sear tripping spyder clone) I say BKO or mag, I've heard some bad stories about the bko but I don't think there would be too many problems. BKOs are a good deal IMO.

Tunaman is a great dealer too. He hooked me up with a free mag and helped me break into the sport. He's quick on the transaction, friendly (friendly enough to yell at me online for trying to pay him), and he makes good stuff. He sent me a spare parts mag and the only thing that I have changed is the reg seat. Nothing has gone wrong on my mag yet and I doubt anything will go wrong anytime soon. Tunaman is just a really good guy to buy a mag from. He runs a clean business. You can't really go wrong with a Tunaman, even if it's made from spare parts.

cockersuk14
06-10-2003, 09:20 PM
like everyone else in this thread i strongly recomend not buying m3 draguns they are syders but poorer quality. Its a pretty tough choice between the mag and the bko. the bko is much faster than 10bps and its ready to shoot stock. the mag however comes without a stock barrel and is not ready to shoot out of the box. I found a good deal on my mag at paintballgateway i got it for about 200$ there and i had plenty left for nitro, a barrel and a decent frame.

WGCB31
06-10-2003, 09:49 PM
^^^ but sean we all have to remember that you yourself almost decided on the m3 as your first gun...j/k