PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty & Aftershock...

cap8ntballstud
06-09-2003, 05:09 PM
Can someone tell me what is the big deal between Dynasty and Aftershock? I have the dvd smoked, and in it there was some sort of controversy in a game, and that is how i believe it started. I was wondering if anyone could give me the spicifics, thanx.

Duke Henry
06-09-2003, 05:38 PM
I assume you are referring to Mardi Gras 2002?

I don't know the whole story either, just bits and pieces.

Mr. T!
06-09-2003, 05:53 PM
Overshooting, shooting from the Dead box also i blieve

AutomagRT1483
06-09-2003, 06:21 PM
Should have put another choice in your poll like " Another Team";)

BlackVCG
06-09-2003, 06:25 PM
It came down to a one-on-one with Kenny Klamper from Shock against Ollie Lang from Dynasty. Klamper hit Lang while he was moving and he didn't notice the hit. Klamper starts screaming at Lang he finally checks himself and sees the hit. Klamper still doesn't think that Lang is going out, so he unloads on him and then Lang shoots back. Alex Fraige and Brian Cole open up on Klamper from the dead box and the refs pin down Klamper, who's out of control. Ryan Greenspan is by the Shock dead box eliminated with the live flag in hand and some of the Shock guys open up on him.

The result was Alex, BC and Klamper all got suspended from the tournament. This was after the controversial game in the World Cup that ended up giving Dynasty the World Cup Title.

AlabamaMan
06-09-2003, 06:35 PM
There is a video of the game on FON's site but you have to be registered with them to download their videos. It doesn't show much of the incident other than Klamper getting tackeled by some reff's. and the crowd hollering BS.

cap8ntballstud
06-09-2003, 06:45 PM
wow... haha, automagRT, no way dude, dynasty rules, except at 2k3 chicago when bad company and naught dogs beat em ha aha ha. ok wow, thx for the info guys. im registerd at FON, but i was wondering if u could tell me where exactly the vid. thx agian guys...

Python14
06-09-2003, 07:15 PM
I'm going to have to say Aftershock. The team has been around since before I was paying attention to paintball, and they owned then as much as they do now. Seriously, they are like a real dynasty. They have legacy of wins and ownages. Not to mention a sponsorship setup I'd sell my first son for. Aftershock is simply awsome, except for Bruno, he sucks.

cap8ntballstud
06-09-2003, 07:25 PM
hahah, ok, w/e floats your boat, i like dynasty cuz they use angels and they are my home town heros, plus i like the nppl better... i used to love sc ironmen, cuz they were my true, true hometown heros, cuz iv'e played w/thme b4 at sc n stff, but now they use matrix's, and for some reason, thoes guns PISS ME OFF!!! haha, yea so, i think id be kool to have like a nppl vs psp playoff toruny after both of their world cups, now that would be somthing to see! any way, thx for all the input guys! :D

Crazy
06-09-2003, 08:03 PM
It's sad you like and dislike teams because of the guns they use.

cap8ntballstud
06-09-2003, 09:26 PM
sure is! :p

AlabamaMan
06-09-2003, 09:38 PM
That video is under psp events, then mardi gras 2k2.

cris8762
06-10-2003, 12:20 AM
aftershock is soo damn consistent, they may not be completely estroying every single team they play, but they consistently play their best and it pays off!

dynasty is a great team but i think they've peaked and hare heading down, eventually they will level off and start climbing again, it's a continuous cycle with most teams but it seems that 'shock stays very consistent!

Johnny_Reb
06-10-2003, 11:59 AM
Aftershock of course. No other team in paintball has won like them. Dynasty's obviously one of the best but I'd still take Shock over em.

magman007
06-10-2003, 12:01 PM
i agree,shock is like an x valve,and dynasty is like a wdp mini reg!

givemepaintball
09-17-2003, 09:51 PM
It's simple They both rock the Sandana;)

Ov3rmind
09-17-2003, 09:56 PM
Remember when Avalanche used to be cool?

Toxic Dave
09-17-2003, 10:02 PM
Yeah, but 'shock was wearing those sandannas the first time around..when the rest of their clothing matched them.

Shock is one of the longest powerhouses in this sport, them Ironmen and All A's have dominated forever, when Dynasty does what they have been doing for another 8 years then they will be in that club.

Plus Nicky Cuba plays for Shock.

dave

Load SM5
09-17-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by givemepaintball
It's simple They both rock the Sandana;)

And that was news enough to bring back a 3 month old thread? :rolleyes: