PDA

View Full Version : More leaking downt he barrel......what could it be?

paintball8869
06-09-2003, 06:48 PM
Well, my friend's mag is still leaking down the barrel. It's now a decent sized leak, which will drain the tank in a few minutes. I've got the level 10 in, it worked fine for a week, now i've got this leaking problem. When i hold the trigger back, the leak stops completely. It sorta slows down then stops as i pull the trigger. Sometimes it doesn't even fire when i pull the trigger slowly back.

SPECS:
level 10
old old old automag (around 1992)
running compressed air
proconnect
single trigger
classic valve

If anyone has AIM or Yahoo Messenger, i'm xtremepbma on both of those. I have also tried a smaller carrier per the suggestions in an older post about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

paintball8869
06-09-2003, 07:03 PM
Here's a link to the wav file that I made of it not working. The hissing sound is the gun hissing, pops are obviously shots, and somewhere in the middle you'll hear complete silence- that's me holding the trigger back.

I really need to get this fixed for Wed night so he can use it. I've got a whole scuba tank full of air, so i'll try anything.

http://www.teamlethalinjection.com/pics/Joe/magnotworkin.wav

BD_Paintball
06-09-2003, 08:12 PM
if u go to the automag tech place it tells you what u need to do because my X-valve did that also and it tells you how to fix it at the site or u can poor some gun oil in it and that made mine stop for a day of playing.

paintball8869
06-09-2003, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately i've already gone through the whole tech site, redid the level 10, and it still leaks.

jaylock33
06-10-2003, 09:42 AM
Crank the velocity until it leaks out the back of the valve and then turn it down a little this would be my suggestion if you've already tried sorry for the wasted time.

Tunaman
06-10-2003, 09:59 AM
Do you have any shims in there? If you do, take them out. That will determine if it is a carrier or shim leak. Report back.;)

paintball8869
06-10-2003, 03:19 PM
jaylock33-I will give that a try. Don't worry about wasting my time, i'm game to try anything at this point.

Tuna- I'll give that a try as well.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll report back in a few min after i try that.

paintball8869
06-10-2003, 03:40 PM
Ok, here's what it did. I tried taking out the shims. It made an even louder leaking noise, almost a squeaking noise.

If i didn't say it before, the gun WAS setup perfectly and not touched from day to day. I know this because my friend was away at college and i have had possession of hte gun for the past year. It's just now leaking (well last time he played it did a tiny bit). Now it's awful.

Could it be leaking down the barrel because of anything ON/OFF related? I'm grasping at straws here.

Tunaman
06-10-2003, 03:44 PM
The on/off COULD be leaking. Make sure the pin slides freely with oil. Make sure your carrier isnt too loose.

paintball8869
06-10-2003, 11:34 PM
well i've gotten NOWHERE with this thing. AGD here it comes. They know what they're doing much much much more than me, so i'll be sending it in most likely tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help guys. I just replaced every oring in the gun, redid level 10, checked the on/off to make sure it's functioning right, etc to no avail, so now it's off to the pros. I really appreciate all the suggestions.

Tyril
06-11-2003, 02:13 PM
Have you tried the smallest carrier size? The .5 or 0? Its a bit of a stretch, but I had similar sounding leaks when using my AR frame with level 10... Required the use of the zero carrier, which means that the input pressure must be turned up to fire ect.

If that doesn't help, AGD'll fix it. They always do =)

-mike

Koosh
06-11-2003, 06:22 PM
Sounds to me like it was just a carrier o-ring leak... If you were to have just gone down a carrier size while using the SAME o-ring, it should have stopped...

Tunaman
06-11-2003, 07:48 PM
Do you have the white flat plastic washer in the bottom of the powertube? Check the powertube and tip for cracks(hairline-magnifying glass type stuff). If you want to send me the marker I would be glad to fix it.;)

paintball8869
06-11-2003, 09:27 PM
I tried ALL carriers. I wasn't gonna let any possibilities go without being tried. Tried all shims (0-5 of them). Tried oil, lots of it, little, none. The washer is in there as well.

I checked the hairline cracks and well i couldn't see anything. I could totally have missed one, so that's why AGD is getting it. I'm callin tomorrow for a RA number (i've spoken to one of the techs a couple times and he's gonna take a look for me).

Tuna- I really appreciate the offer and if they didn't say it would be free, you'd probly be seeing it :)

Thanks again guys. Hopefully i won't have to attempt to fix it again, but if i do, you guys will get first crack at it.

thereal_JT
06-11-2003, 10:09 PM
mine was doing almost the same thing and someone told me to get a different barrel that the one i had was too long and the spring was catching on it. but i am jsut going by what mine did and what i was told, could be a totally different thing.

JT