PDA

View Full Version : New respect for the Ford

rhetor22
06-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Today was quite an adventure filled day.

Let me let you know all the stupid things i did in advance so you guys fully understand this fun and exciting, suspensful story.

My friend has an 88 full size blazer w/ 350 that wouldn't run. We spent a good week on it and got it running, runs great. So now his mom lets him know that it can't stay at the house any more and had to be gone by the weekend, or she would have it towed off.

So my friend gives me the blazer, and now the problem begins.
This blazer is unregistered/insured. It needs to be gone. So we take it down some back roads, a 5 minute drive, and hide it in the woods over night so we can get it to his friends house on monday (which would be today) Now that was the first dumbass choice. Please, feel free to yell at me.

So the blazer is sleeping in the woods, on a slight angle, while we are worrying about it all day.

School's out, we hop in my truck and drive on over the blazer. Its still safe. But we try to start it, tank is on too much of an angle so it isn't getting any gas. So we went and got about 2 gallons that i had at the house, still wouldn't start.

Now we yanked out the 1200lb steel cable. Started dragging it out with my good ole F-150 w/ 300. Pulling fine, but its in the wrong spot. Got the tires over a big rock, but it hung up on the transfer case.

So this is where the 300 in all it's glory comes in. We rap the cable around this huge rock, musta been more than 400lbs. Me and two other guys couldnt budge it. My stick shift truck yanks it out in 4 wheel low.

So we drag the rock down the trail, and are in the process of pulling it off the trail so we can get the blazer on flat ground and get it started, when a cop shows up.

A guy had come in about 30 min before and basically said, "well that sucks... good luck" but i guess he went and called the cops.

So now i have a $77 ticket for tresspassing, and have to pay for the blazer to be towed.

We were about 10 min. from getting it out.

I could've gotten nailed for all this, the unregistered blazer, but luckily the cop was letting me off light.

Truck was pulling that boulder and blazer just fine on an incline, at about 1/3 throttle. I was amazed at how much low end torque she would put out. If i had any sort of ranger or tacoma, it would be toast.

-Jôker-
06-09-2003, 08:21 PM
whats gonna happen to the blazer... you cant just throw away a perfectly good truck!

rhetor22
06-09-2003, 08:26 PM
we're gunna try and get it to a friends house so we can keep it there for a month or two.

Its been very well maintained, but its really old. lots of rust under her. Body is in good condition, paint is just starting to bubble in some spots.

Its a 1988.

Engine runs like a top. Little hard on starting, but once she pops she's great.

We really wanna keep it for offroading only. I have a friend with a lot of land in vermont, we might end up keepin her up there for adventure purposes. Only problem is getting it there. I'll probably end up renting a trailer or a tow hitch and taking it with my truck.

Its a beast!

Has 32"x12" tires on it, auto 4x4, unstopable. Its all tire.

-Jôker-
06-09-2003, 09:24 PM
you could make a project outta it. do a conversion to make the back come off like it does on a bronco. drop it... lift it.. w/e just somtin to do for kicks and who knows, possibilities are endless

Army
06-09-2003, 10:15 PM
You know, you could have gone to the CHP or Sheriffs office and got a temporary use permit for like $10. These are just for your problem; getting said vehicle from point A to point B, without getting in trouble!

On the other hand, ya shoulda just towed it with your Ford!

OOPS! I just noticed your from Redding CONNECTICUT! We have a Redding out here in Calli too! Eh, same thing could still happen there!

bornl33t
06-10-2003, 03:56 AM
bah cops

rhetor22
06-10-2003, 06:24 PM
yeah, i would've towed it if i had a tow bar/trailer.

Its now becoming our project blazer. Well, once i get it back... :D

The camper can come off easily like it does on a bronco.

Our school has this thing called CAPSTONE, where students do a very immersive project on their own, or in groups, and at the end of the year present them. This will be our project. Getting this thing running, and turning it to a beast. We're gunna add a winch and make our own bumpers and a roll cage and all the goodies. Fun fun