PDA

View Full Version : Flaws in the mags...

FooTemps
06-10-2003, 01:00 AM
Hmmm... I just thought it'd be interesting to compile every flaw concievable in each model mag to see how bad or well off each model is right now. Maybe it's a list of what needs to be improved... I have nothing on the list right now.

Classic:

Mini:

RTP:

E-mag:

X-mag:

sime
06-10-2003, 01:17 AM
classic=the cheap direct feed, power fed or nothing! grip frame too

mini=shrugs shoulders

rtp=to these eyes, ugly

e-mag=shrugs shoulders

x-mag=avalability!

just one man's opinion

FooTemps
06-10-2003, 01:21 AM
okay, how about more technical flaws... like um... dump chamber efficiency?

nippinout
06-10-2003, 01:43 AM
Decrease dump chamber size on the mags. Increase dump chamber pressure. Foo, we'ved talked about this in #automags before, but could you elaborate on the diameter of the bolt stem?

You said that you didn't see a need to do it if the chamber was changed.

Besides dump chamber stuff, I can't think of anything else.

Only othe concerns are aesthetic/ergonomic things.

-=Squid=-
06-10-2003, 12:23 PM
The standard grey bodies. They should include a crappy stock barrel. They should put rubber grips on ALL of them, even if the frame is made to be replaced. They should ditch standard feed and only do powerfeed, and I dont think there is a realreason to charge more for it. Do something about the cap on the emag boards, do something with the battery pack. Nothing to the X-mag, other than make it more readily available. Its all I can think of off the top of my head. Oh ya, the most important, fix the issue with range! My cocker shoots way further! :D

battlegroup
06-10-2003, 04:49 PM
Rubber Wraparound Grips for the X/E-mag in different colors.

BajaBoy
06-10-2003, 05:20 PM
i just think, No more standard feed.

and a nice Agd aftermarket emag board that isnt 200+ $

think about it, the gun has more then enouph power to shoot at 20cps.. why not take advantage of it!

Bad A$$ Frontman
06-10-2003, 05:49 PM
OK...

I gotta minimag with no stock components...

Maybe someone could help me figure this out,

my marker is a friggin gas hog, i gotta 48 ci 3000 psi tank

i shoot on average 350 ballz a game.

Im jus wonderin if anyone else is havin this prob with their mag,,, maybe itz jus mine, anyone know how to fix this??

than205
06-10-2003, 07:39 PM
The RTP shouldn't have sheetmetal parts on it.

Still, I think thr RT's are the sexiest markers out.

S.S Bandit1
06-10-2003, 08:02 PM
AGD definitely needs to start producing lots of x-mags so they will be aviable and lower in price. There is no question that they wont sell! I think tom should also try an develope a low pressure valve that works...

SIGSays
06-10-2003, 08:17 PM
weight....

S.S Bandit1
06-10-2003, 08:19 PM
the xmag or sfl are pretty light

cockersuk14
06-10-2003, 08:21 PM
i dont know about everyone else but just get rid of the stock frame on the classic mag it is terrible! thats just my oppinion but i think alot of other people would agree. at least make it out of something better than plastic and a double trigger wouldnt be a bad idea either. thats about it i guess i can like rt pros and emags.

logamus
06-10-2003, 08:46 PM
the sight rail and whatever that is attached to the foregrip on the rtp looks silly. but then when you take them off you have holes in your rail. but when it comes to taking out the other team, who really cares what the gun looks like.

Top Secret
06-10-2003, 09:51 PM
Emag restricted to 16bps.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
06-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Bad A$$ Frontman
OK...

I gotta minimag with no stock components...

Maybe someone could help me figure this out,

my marker is a friggin gas hog, i gotta 48 ci 3000 psi tank

i shoot on average 350 ballz a game.

Im jus wonderin if anyone else is havin this prob with their mag,,, maybe itz jus mine, anyone know how to fix this??

yours is a little moregas hoggish most get about 450, but mags use gas a whole lot of gas

automan39
06-10-2003, 10:09 PM
I think tom should also try an develope a low pressure valve that works...

that would ruin the reason of the lvl 10
no chops but still high pres/speed

S.S Bandit1
06-10-2003, 10:09 PM
the board on the e-mag can be upgraded so it in not restricted.

Catch22
06-11-2003, 12:14 AM
My cocker shoots way further!

Was that sarcasm?

Jerhew
06-11-2003, 12:42 AM
efficiency
did anyone say efficiency?
efficiency :D
ok you already said it but it's probably the mags biggest flaw so i'll reiterate
mags are gas hogs while other guns(no i didn't say all other guns...) seem to be getting more and more efficient

the star trek grips on a stock classic mag... ya it's also already been said but no on called them star trek grips...
:p :D

i can't think of anything else that hasn't already been said

poloniusreep
06-11-2003, 01:32 AM
I'll view this as everything in the company and if there is anything that needs to be change it would be marketing. I know even Tom admits that.

Even though I prefer the twist lock alot of people want the barrels to use autococker threads.

PsychoBaller
06-11-2003, 03:50 AM
Uhh.... HELLOOO SFL Emag??? Not perfect ya know, even though it looks that way, heh...

Mainly common things about the Electro board, covering EMags, SFL Emags and Xmags.

-Game Timer is kinda pointless, wish it either made audio alert or vibrated or sumtin (Programable up to 35min ? um... yah :rolleyes: ).
-Total Shot Counter Resets when battery completely dies
-Shots since last turned on? Never bother to use for any real purpose.

Ace Mode and programable BPS menu's are mandatory.. but I could live without the rest of the Menu's Options.. (and people wonder why I will never buy an Angel... when are you gonna find time to Text Message a Teammate while ur on the field.... seriously ??:rolleyes: )

nippinout
06-11-2003, 03:59 AM
I agree with PsychoBaller.

When you buy an $800 electro, it should have an ACE STANDARD!

JAM
06-11-2003, 09:46 AM
OK, having owned an XMag, let me throw in some thoughts on those:

- the grips are just plain terrible.
- I really don't like the way the barrel holds in the breech module- i just didn't feel good cranking down on the barrel as much as it needed to hold the breech steady.
- the wiring inside is WAY fragile.
- GAS HOG
- it would be cool if there was a way to just plug in and charge the battery w/o having to remove it.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of positives, but this thread was for negatives...

oh, and I disagree with the ACE standard crowd.. I think ACE is a lot of hype and added cost- with a good loader, you should never have much problem with feeding... add lev 10 and you're pretty much covered.

Torbo
06-11-2003, 11:54 AM
the only problem that cant be fixed is that fact that theyre gas hogs. It is bad.

Ironlance7
06-11-2003, 06:05 PM
The only thing I can think of that hasn't been mentioned is making a soft finger groved gel grip to go on the batery packs of the e/x mags.

PsychoBaller
06-11-2003, 07:31 PM
Oh yah.... dunno how I forgot..... I dun like Panel grips that much.....

TheAmazingJelloMag
06-11-2003, 08:27 PM
What about the orig. rt?
heres one flaw with the origonal rt, it's incompatibility with most upgraded parts.

Lopy-slopy
06-11-2003, 10:07 PM
You should clump togeather the mini and the clasic because they are basicly the same gun. I think AGD should come out with more differnt guns. All the markers run off the same valve and have mostly the same internals. The Xmags costs hundreds more but the only real difference from an Emag is weight, and an eye that isn't needed(lvlX).