PDA

View Full Version : I need some good knee pads

Frank (the spank)
06-10-2003, 01:19 AM
heh heh.. oh you can all save your jokes, lol

Ok, so I need some good really large knee pads for paintball. I don't much care for the ones made for paintball.. expensive and too soft.

I'm a big guy, so when I hit the deck a thin piece of foam isn't gonna protect my knees much. I was thinking skateboard pads, anyone care to recomend a brand or type?

maglover52
06-10-2003, 01:25 AM
I use my bmx knee pads. there cheap price wise high quality and VERY comfy. check them out at sixsixone.com and they are in the bmx part and there called the veggie knee pads.

Pile & A Half
06-10-2003, 01:26 AM
The Dye Core ones do their job. You should look into those...I love mine to death.

joeyjoe367
06-10-2003, 01:40 AM
I'm also looking for some knee pads, but i'm on the opposite spectrum; I'm a skinny guy.

Anyone got some pads that are for the little dudes? I"m looking for knee/shin pads that fit tight and don't move around too much.

JKW
06-10-2003, 06:46 AM
Pro Designed! Skaters know that these are the finest pads available. Some may not like the white caps, but none that have seen, held or used them can deny the build quality. Made here in Houston, they are not some cheap import and the price is a little higher.
I like the leopard pattern's attitude for paintball use :D

Torbo
06-10-2003, 11:39 AM
you can try mountain biking pads. I wear 661 race knee/shin pads. They fit great, dont fall down, are easy to run in, and cheap! 25$. They have hard plastic, which may or may not be a good thing, but you definatly cant beat them for rec ball.

-=Squid=-
06-10-2003, 11:41 AM
You should really look into redz...they are made of kevlar and are VERY strong.

AlabamaMan
06-10-2003, 12:34 PM
I'm a skinny guy, and i just use standard volleyball kneepads. They work great, and don't slide down my legs at all when i play. Only like $10 too. :D

Tyger
06-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Redz makes a good product, it's enough knee padding that it's protective, but it's small enough to let you move.

I'm hesitant to recomend Dye, I've seen the pads, they look too stiff, IMHO. Pro designed I've seen, good stuff, but bulky. Then again, I wear pads UNDER the pants when I can, so that has some bearing on it.

-Tyger

Nick O time
06-11-2003, 12:42 AM
my friend uses kneepads that are made for construction workers. He picked up a pair for $10 at fleet and farm. They work really good too.

B00bzor
06-11-2003, 01:37 AM
the dye pads are the best while ur at it get the elbo pads and teh slider shorts. ull want to

poloniusreep
06-11-2003, 01:42 AM
Pads that are made for skateboarding are real good there made to take alot of impact. AlabamaMan mentioned volleyball Kneepads those are worth checking out if you dont need something so heavy duty.

armyboot
06-11-2003, 03:15 AM
If you play on grass or a carpeted indoor field wrestling pads work great.

PsychoBaller
06-11-2003, 03:54 AM
Dye Core Kneepads are the shiznizzle....... Just make sure you get them sized correctly.

They dont move around at all, and after awhile u don't even realize ur wearing them. U can land on Rocks, gravel, pavement... wont feel a thing... thick nice padding.

Frank (the spank)
06-11-2003, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the help guys.. went to my local Big 5 sporting goods store and they had "pro tec" skateboarding ramp pads in XL for $20. https://secure2.nexternal.com/soh/images/protecknee.GIF

I'll see how well they work this Saturday :)