PDA

View Full Version : EMag vs. Non-Electro Mag

AFRaven
06-10-2003, 06:51 AM
Hey all. I have a question. It seems like the EMag is the cream of the crop in mags, and I can understand why. However, is it possible for a Non-Electro mag to compete with an EMag? Thanks.

Josh2Xtremes
06-10-2003, 07:11 AM
I wasn't sure about that very question until last weekend. My buddies Murph, Dallas and Nate Dog invited me out to be their guest at TMX Paintball's new field in Lake Anna, Virginia, where I and my friends could scrimmage the great (Warp Feed-equipped) guys of team Relentless Attack on their Ultimate Air Ball field. I had a blast, but made a mistake. I forgot to charge my XMag on the way out there. So (oh darn) I used my ULE body, X-Valve, Intelliframe-equipped "JewLE Mag" all day. No electronics but the hopper. While I was not capable of firing the long strings of paintballs at ten-plus balls per second that I am capable of with my XMag, in eight games of five-man paintball that average three to four minutes each, I was able to shoot two to three pods and a full hopper per game from the back left corner "eagle" position. Averaging just a shade over 500 rounds per three to four-minute game in the rain with a non-electronic paintball gun that cannot break paint isn't bad I don't think, and I was out and shooting as much as my opponents AND my teammates.
The bottom line? While I felt a real difference between my XMag and my JewLE Mag in terms of how I could dominate the opposition in terms of laning, sweet-spotting, shooting on the break and flat-out rate of fire, in terms of effectiveness, I believe a properly equipped non-electronic Automag can do JUST fine if used by a player who knows what he or she is doing.
I hope this helps somehow. If not, well, that's five minutes of your life you'll never get back. But just think, you got to spend it with me. :D
Josh

TheTramp
06-10-2003, 10:36 AM
I agree. A person who's never fired a Mag before will probably be able to fire the E-Mag faster than a Retro, etc. However, in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing the Retro/RT-Pro will be just as fast.

The perfect example is Virus here on AO. He fires his Z-griped Retro as fast as any other gun I've heard with the exception of some Timmies and Matrixes with mad trigger switch bounce going on (ie.cheating ). He can absolutly out-shoot me and my E-Mag.

Once again it comes down to the player as aposed to the gun (unless of course your using a cheater board like the WAS).
The gun can help you be competitive but nothing will ever substitute for skill and practice.