PDA

View Full Version : finding tournements

-=Squid=-
06-10-2003, 12:20 PM
Well, we go to one tournement a month and try not to get repetitive with fields we visit. We travel as far as 10 car hours away, but its becoming increasingly difficult finding tourneys. could somebody please tell me the best way to find them?

CrazyLad
06-10-2003, 01:14 PM
Warpig!!

-=Squid=-
06-10-2003, 01:33 PM
I see that you have just replied to about every single thread on the page. Warpig does NOT have good tourney listins, that is unless you want to go to HUGE ones which would be EASY to research anywear. God quit being such a post whore :rolleyes:

demonguy8
06-10-2003, 04:29 PM
Im bumping this cuz I want to know as well...

FalconGuy016
06-10-2003, 04:40 PM
Maybe there isnt one and the AO community should start the first ever comprehensive tournament listing.

-=Squid=-
06-10-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
Maybe there isnt one and the AO community should start the first ever comprehensive tournament listing.

I wish...have you ever had to find tourneys? Its a pain in the arse.

BajaBoy
06-10-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
I see that you have just replied to about every single thread on the page. Warpig does NOT have good tourney listins, that is unless you want to go to HUGE ones which would be EASY to research anywear. God quit being such a
post whore :rolleyes:

dude look at your poste count then look at his. you have 500 more postes and you only regestered one month be for him. almost everytime i see a thing about poste whoring your in it. (aka falcon guy and whatnot)

who cares man they are just poses, and its not like he is bs'ing.

and also about tornies, ide like to know a good place that has them listed too.

CrazyLad
06-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Thank you Baja! Oh no!! i shouldnt have posted that! That makes me a post whore!

Hucklbry
06-10-2003, 05:51 PM
So lets try to get AO to start a new forum. It could be divided up into states and from there you could post about a tournement that you find out about, maybe a local field is hosting one and we can inform everyone else. It is a great idea, but will require work on everyone's part. Everyone would have to do a simple search to see if it is already posted. Not hard, at least you would think.

CrazyLad
06-10-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Hucklbry
So lets try to get AO to start a new forum. It could be divided up into states and from there you could post about a tournement that you find out about, maybe a local field is hosting one and we can inform everyone else. It is a great idea, but will require work on everyone's part. Everyone would have to do a simple search to see if it is already posted. Not hard, at least you would think.

Thats a good idea

FalconGuy016
06-10-2003, 07:19 PM
I was thinking putting a little money into it by making banner ads and sending out flyers to as many fields in the nation as possible to sent tournament dates to us (estimated 1000 paintball fields in the US) and start a useful website. You would eventually make a little money if it grows popular (and it will immediatly if its effective) by advertising on it alone. It would probably be one of the top paintball websites.

We have a lot of talent on these boards for website design and function, all we need is to get the info and consistantly update! Mabye AGD could help out, like make a PO box for incoming tournament updates from fields all over the country. Subdivide the website into regions or states, stuff like that. I think it would work if someone put work into it and a BUNCH of people would be grateful :) And AGD's name will be on it. I would try but I do not know where to begin

lamby
06-11-2003, 12:48 AM
pbnation has a pretty good tourney section for locals. Not all of them by any means, but a pretty good amount via posts. I found a few there that were within 2 hours from my house.

adam shannon
06-11-2003, 01:47 AM
the back of most paintball mags lists events for the next 2 months from pub date. most fields list their events there.

jayloo
06-11-2003, 12:55 PM
Just a thought but maybe AGD could host a tourney listing on their webserver. If not I know a place where the space is cheap.

I am a Unix systems administrator/Webmaster. I use PHP, MySQL and Oracle on a daily basis. If you didn't know this forum is written in php and probably backended with MySQL. I could easily help with the database and webpage design.

Who else would be interested in helping with this effort?

cphilip
06-11-2003, 01:53 PM
Sure be glad to!!! Ok! Done. We called it meet and greet but if you like you can call it the meet and greet to talk about tournaments forum if you like! ;) :D :eek:

.bolink
06-11-2003, 04:19 PM
Falconguy-...instead of just having a few people in charge you could have one person in each region/ possibly every state that recieves and uploads the information. Just a thought.

rehme
06-11-2003, 05:21 PM
ask your local store

darklord
06-11-2003, 05:48 PM
I don't know about you guys, but in my area there's a few tournaments/leagues: NEPL (New England Players League) and PnL (run by PnL Paintball) are major ones. If you find a league like this in your area, they'll probably have a website. From there you can find local tournaments. Major fields often hold league nights as well, which are a series of once a week tournaments held for several weeks.

yeahthatsme
06-11-2003, 07:18 PM
i'll run the site...i just need some webspace...i dont gots the money to pay for a domain.... if some people wanna go into it with me i'd be glad to help run the site!

1shot
06-11-2003, 10:02 PM
Do I read it right that you're from Arkansas?
If so, try this tournament: www.tulsatourney.iwarp.com
It's a $5000 1st place tournament with 5 Works Outlaws for 2nd place. And somewhere on the prize list will be 5 warp feeds from AGD.
Low entry and limited to novice teams only. What more could you want?

bob

www.1shotprod.com

Jonno06
06-12-2003, 12:13 AM
i havent seen tournys in meet n greet....?

billmi
06-13-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
I was thinking putting a little money into it by making banner ads and sending out flyers to as many fields in the nation as possible to sent tournament dates to us (estimated 1000 paintball fields in the US) and start a useful website. You would eventually make a little money if it grows popular (and it will immediatly if its effective) by advertising on it alone. It would probably be one of the top paintball websites.

Other than the fact that it's still not broken even with all the money that has been put into it, that sounds like the calendar at paintballschedule.com. It started in 1994, and got its own domain in I think 2001. That same year AGD was promoting it heavily, JJ Brookshire (who then worked for AGD) talked to a bunch of paintball companies, encouraging them to make sure every event they sponsored was listed in it. It is also advertised in APG, Paintball, P8nT, Paintball 2 Xtremes and Paintball Sports International. It's got loads of local event listings. Not a lot in arkansas, but you can have it search by both state and region of the country.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

JEDI
06-13-2003, 08:06 AM
Check PGI definitely. They have a pretty good schedule including local stuff. I was looking through it yesterday, and I was surprised to see all the local tournies of my area. (Global, NEPL). It might be up on their website too. www.p8ntballer.com