PDA

View Full Version : YES!!!!! Homemade Autoresponse frame works!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
06-10-2003, 01:29 PM
Whooo hooooo!!!! Sorry, I'm a little excited! I finally just put together my homemade auto response mag, and it works! And kicks!!!!

I have had this project going on for the past few months...and would take long breaks due to all the work involved, but I had some time on my hands today, and got together an rough version of it!

What it is, is a carbon fiber AGD single trigger frame, cut out, and a one-of-a-kind custom sear assembly installed. It works on the same principal that the Proline Autoresponse frame does, but with an entirely different design! And yes, highly complicated.

I designed it in a way that can be totally tuned and adjusted for the smallest pull (which is still miles long compared to a regular mag). The parts that got butchered were mostly the sear assembly and the rail. I used multiple files, hacksaw, tap set, dremel, drill press, screwdriver, pliers, wire cutters, vise, hand drill, and probably a few others. This thing took a long time, and if you have the time, you can make one yourself, but I'll tell you right now that it would be worlds easier to just go buy a proline. I kinda did this just cause I had the stock AGD frame lyin' aroung and kept asking myself...can I do this?:D

I will be posting pictures up soon just so you know I'm not bluffing...

*sniff* rob would be proud:)

-Dave

WickeDKlowN
06-10-2003, 07:46 PM
My mag fired like an auto responnce for a while... but it was because the sear was adjusted wrong or something, and it need new on/off o-rings.

Dave
06-13-2003, 12:38 AM
Ok, here they are! Pictures at last!

Dave
06-13-2003, 12:39 AM
another

Dave
06-13-2003, 12:41 AM
Here is the real secret, the inside!!! It took many many man hours to custom cut, drill, file, fit, and in some cases, tap, to get it all together. This is a one off that will not be recreated. Pretty ghetto, huh?:D

Dave
06-13-2003, 12:43 AM
OK, here is how it works...

Step one: the trigger is held loosely.

Dave
06-13-2003, 12:44 AM
Step two: Trigger is pulled, firing the first shot. The trigger pull continues.

Dave
06-13-2003, 12:47 AM
Step 3: The trigger now pulls the levers such the second actuating pulley arms are straight in line w/ each other, moving the sear back as far as possible.

Dave
06-13-2003, 12:50 AM
Step four: The trigger is pulled all the way back, moving the secondary pulley arms in the opposite direction, and maxing out the spring. This sets the sear back in normal ready-to-fire position, only the trigger is all the way pulled. When it is released under spring tension, it fires again upon return.

Sorry, for some reason I didn't have a picture acurately showing this.

Dave
06-13-2003, 12:51 AM
This is the ghetto-franken-mag today. It rained like all-get-out, and as soon as I brought the camera outside, it fogged up. :)

Dave
06-13-2003, 12:51 AM
whoops, forgot pic:

Koosh
06-13-2003, 12:59 AM
Looks like a Cool project, But I'll stick to my Proline Autoresponse frame thankyouverymuch! ;):D

Dave
06-13-2003, 01:03 AM
Today I added a custom fitted trigger guard...heh more like frame guard...the thing is huge!!! Now it is *officially* ghetto:) My buddy Jeremy was messin' with the trigger on the way to the pro shop to get my tank filled to really crank on this baby, and broke the spring, rendering it useless. Lol, he tried to pass it off as my poor judgement in my choosing of springs (and thats exactly how he put it too) haha. I actually found out the issue was that the hole that the top spring end passed through wasn't round enough, therefore causing stress on the spring's holding points. Besides I tweaked the spring all up trying to get it on the very first few times, so it already was hurting!:)

I busted out the "Rob tool" aka Dremel, and went to work rounding off that tiny little hole, and did the trick! Installed a fresh spring, and with a little adjusting, had it functioning flawlessly. Now the real test...with air...:

IT ROCKED!!!! Oh man!!!!!!! Lemme tell you....its faaaaaa-huhhaaast!!!! wow! And the best part...absolutely NO short stroking, which was a slight problem before. The trigger pull is also a bit lighter, do to a lighter guage spring. This completely rocks. Lemme tell you, she ain't a looker, but she's got it where it counts! And nobody's gonna be pointing fingers when she's crankin' out 14+ bps:)

aut911
06-13-2003, 09:18 AM
can you post some pics of the internalsoutside of the frame please? I would like to build one of these my self.

fun tinker stuff for over the summer vacation.

no_doz
06-17-2003, 10:25 PM
wow, that sear sitcks out a LOT, mine only sticks out about an 8th inch, which makes for a real short pull.

er2x87
06-23-2003, 09:06 PM
thats friggin awesome man!
can you sent me like an instruction type thing and parts needed? i would really like to do this myself. lol
my addy is magman@raven-mail.com or pm me, whichever is easier.
thnx

Dave
06-23-2003, 09:36 PM
I'll have to dig around for the camera, but I will show you guys some drawn out plans soon, and I'll take out the guts and take a picture of them too:)

I'm busy with some other stuff right now, but when I get the chance, I'll take care of it for you guys.

-Dave

er2x87
06-24-2003, 08:35 AM
thanks man,whenever ya get em is fine for me.
l8r

GVquad86
07-06-2003, 12:47 PM
I've been working on another project. I had a benchmark double trigger on my mag and was interested in the autoresponse trigger. I bought an autoresponse trigger frame and didn't like the feel of the single trigger so i tried to find a way to combine the two. With minor changes to the benchmark frame, the autoresponse internals fit perfectly into it. If anyones interested in how I changed the benchmark to fit it or wants to see pictures, please contact me. GVquad86@aol.com

SIGSays
07-06-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by no_doz
wow, that sear sitcks out a LOT, mine only sticks out about an 8th inch, which makes for a real short pull.

wouldn't a sear that sticks out more be shorter??

ocelot213
07-14-2003, 10:32 PM
dave, ur primary blows my mind it's so nice, and this rt trigger sounds nice as hell, too bad it's busted.

ReTro Boy
07-17-2003, 01:22 PM
....need.....video......soon.........

aut911
08-11-2003, 12:00 PM
Dave you really need to make up some kind of diagram for this thing! I'm trying to make my own and im running into some small problems. Like where to put the cams.

aut

buckwheat05
08-15-2003, 12:24 PM
this is pretty cool that u could actually build something like this but if i were u i would suggest getting a patent b4 posting how to build ur own instructions all over the net and on another note i like ur blue mag im trying 2 make mine like that but blue and chrome i just need a body rail and 4grip

powerofthegospel
08-24-2003, 08:49 PM
wait, so u have "boycott smart parts" in your sig and want him to patent this, hmm...sounds a little fishy to me. But man is that one awesome mod!!! can't wait to get instructions for this one!

Peace,
J.J.

Dave
10-15-2003, 09:43 PM
This mag is now on Ebay guys:( sorry! It has to go...now is your chance to get it if you really want something like this.

-Dave