PDA

View Full Version : Doc's Mag to Cocker Barrel adapter

Carbon
06-10-2003, 03:14 PM
Just got it in the mail. Specs as follows:

-2 9/16 in. long

-1 in diameter

-weighs a little bit lighter than PFR Mag Body.

Comes with one spyder rubber detent. When installed the adapter threads are recessesed 1/2 from the front of the body. The adapter does not affect LX performace in any way.

Currently i do not have any Cocker barrels, although i have shot several painballs without a barrel. The balls seem too stack normally and the gun operates as intended. The fit and finish of the adapter is beautiful, this is some top notch work by Doc.

I will recieve a Pipe kit this week, and ill test it out this Sunday and give review/report on the barrel and the adapter.

Doc rox my world!

Evil Bob
06-10-2003, 06:37 PM
I am currently using a Pipe with mine on a left feed Emag body, no feeding problems with a case and a half of paint through it, zero impact on lvl 10, I am very happy with the adapter.

-Evil Bob

TAW
06-10-2003, 07:30 PM
I just got mine last night. Mine didn't fit in my body very tight. I took it in to work and machined a o-ring grove by the ball detent. Then shaved some material off the barrel end so now I put a o-ring on the barrel. This adapter with this mod ROCKS!! Thanks Doc

punkncat
06-10-2003, 09:27 PM
Where would the un-informed find this thing of greatness , and how many teeth must we pull to have it?

Carbon
06-10-2003, 10:38 PM
Ok heres the folow up...

Installation is a snap. Remove the body, install the adapter, line-up the correct twist-lock hole according to your feed body type. Reassamble, Blamm! your good to go.

Issues: When i put my Pipe barrel on i noticed there was a little wiggle, about 1/32 of an inch of play all around. Yes, the barrel does have an o-ring. This is remisscent of the regular Mag barrel with two o-rings. This issue is easily resolved with a little scotch tape around the front end of the adapter, to shim it, or snug it up if you will.

Dont let the initial loosenes of the adapter fool you. It is my belief this was intentionaly done.

In conclusion, Doc's mag adapter is a great drop-in mod for the price. the quality of work is great, installation is a snap. Its a great item to hold ya off until ya get a ule body.
So far so good, great stuff.

12 in. Evil Pipe Barrel Kit. Silver to black fade Annodizing. Bought from discountpaintball.com for $175.00

Five backs, they are 6 In. thread to thread. First impression, wow they are beautiful. Internally, the backs are anno'd nicely and are mirror smooth. The tip on the other hand is a little less smooth, almost a light satin/matte finnish. It shouldnt affect performance i suspect.

There are four rows of porting, each row having 11 holes, total of 44 ports. They are drilled at an acute angle relative to the front end of the barrel. The sound signature is similar to an AA 12 in, according to memory.

Further updates this Sunday.