PDA

View Full Version : What barrel best for magz??????

Bad A$$ Frontman
06-10-2003, 05:28 PM
u know the drill.

i gotta minimag, totally tricked.

problem is i gotta teardrop on it.

i jus got some money and im lookin around.

tell me which u think is best, and y......

Boomy, aa, ultra, or Freak jus barrel?

Mav D MagMan
06-10-2003, 06:10 PM
Well if you've already got a good barrel on there why throw more mone into it (that could be spent on playing, paint, or saving for another marker)?

This is all you need to accomplish: http://www.automags.org/resource/tech/tomstech/01_barrel_eff.shtml
After that it is *all* preference.

Personally I picked up a Two Piece Boomstick, but you may want a multiple bore kit etc.

Mav

chronic john
06-10-2003, 06:36 PM
the tear drop is a good barrel for starters . the freak isnt all that its made up to be with its inferior sleves . try the c-p barrel kit the basic comes with 3 backs in .685 .689 .693 and the tip of your choice for 175 direct from them . and the reason why to buy the c-p kit well for one it has seperate backs that are aluminum satin type finish and are very light plus they have some dimension to them unlike most other companies . now on to the tips strait porting that is very efficent on gas and also very quiet to along with incredible accuracy . as far as the boomsticks go there heavy as a boat anchor and not very efficent but yea they are accurate . id go c-p all day . check them out at www.customproducts-az.com

Nomad
06-10-2003, 06:52 PM
How bout you play in a tourny and use the money there? :D

But if you must get a new barrel... All of them are good choices. I got an All American that works wonder's on my field's paint (mostly due to the fact that they're HUGE).

Ultralights are just Aluminum Broom sticks basically, but they work great.

Just see if you can use someone's marker with that particular barrel and ask how the owner likes it.

Bad A$$ Frontman
06-10-2003, 06:56 PM
yah, i tried boomy, itz ok, good accuracy sounded like i was shootin my old blade pump.

noone has an ultra at my home field so i cant test it,

i had an aa on my tl plus that was great but isnt the freak just a step up from the aa, like same porting and what not jus alittle bit better with different paint??

68magOwner
06-10-2003, 06:58 PM
i have a DYE aluminum and it works great on my 68 (great, 68, rhyme! lol) it works great, even with the cheap ($20-1000) brass eagle paint i use :D

personman
06-10-2003, 06:58 PM
Get the J&J kit from www.paintball-discounters.com
4 backs .685 .688 .691 and .695 ( I think) for 120

FalconGuy016
06-10-2003, 07:01 PM
The ultralite and boomstick perform the same.
I like the AA, is always quiet and accurate for me,
If you are getting a freak with one insert, you might as well get a J&J Edge for 115, comes with four backs and its good (www.paintballdiscoutners.com)

FreakBaller12
06-10-2003, 07:08 PM
i was thinkign get a pip bomb barrel kit for the autococker and then jsut get some barrel adapters?.. they are nice kits i belive 5 or 6 different sizes?

DCB
06-10-2003, 07:11 PM
UL....I have tried many different barrels and it is by far the best thing I have every shot paint out of! 2 piece so you can get different size backs and fronts. I have a 10 in. and it was very quiet on the cocker I use to have....we will see how it does on the Mag.

Pile & A Half
06-10-2003, 08:00 PM
When I shot my mag awhile back I had a really nice OTP barrel. That thing worked wonders for me and wish I could find one for my Angel aswell. But now I have a Freak for my Angel and that thing is awesome. Either one of those barrels would do fine for your mag.

devingoode
06-10-2003, 08:24 PM
i've owned a dye ironman series boomstick for my mag and it was soooo great but dye barrel with the twist & lock system sometimes gets locked up and that has never happened since i switched to my 02 all american so i voted for the AA barrel

cockersuk14
06-10-2003, 09:03 PM
if you have to pick one i would have to say the all american i have two one on my mag and the other on my tippmann. they great they shoot great with marbs, zap, blaze, and viper. plus you can switch out fronts. i got a 10 in freak front and the 14 in black aa front. i dont really like the boomstick its not amazingly accurate but it definitely no stock barrel. and like everyone else says the ultralite is virtually the same as a boomie. the freak is really not worth it at all with one insert. its pretty fragile and basically an aa that u can change rear bore sizes. if you have the money you really might want to look for a pipe. their amazing and worth every penny.

WGCB31
06-10-2003, 09:51 PM
^^ he knows bout the pipe cause were friends and i shoot one...hehe (in other words hes right about the pipe its a great deal) its better than the freak cause of the changeable backs and the freaks inserts can get scratched or bent easily.

devingoode
06-10-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by WGCB31
^^ he knows bout the pipe cause were friends and i shoot one...hehe (in other words hes right about the pipe its a great deal) its better than the freak cause of the changeable backs and the freaks inserts can get scratched or bent easily.

the inserts get bent easily if your a retard.

Bad A$$ Frontman
06-10-2003, 10:53 PM
i think im gonna get the freak and buy my friendz parts off him, he has a cocker but sold his barrel, so he has a bunch of inserts left over... plus the system is really universal, jus buy a new back and u got 8 more barrels for ur gun... think bout prices, ;P

But keep posting the poll i still wanna c what everyone thinks is the best, i may buy another barrel jus to fill the empty space in my barrel bag. lol

jaylock33
06-11-2003, 06:38 AM
I like the dye boomie screw togethers, just my two cents.

nippinout
06-11-2003, 06:45 AM
Pick up one of Doc's mag to cocker barrel adaptors.

Get rid of any barrel wobble and prevent it from happening in the future. You can do the technique of putting scotch tape on before the barrel o-ring also if you need to.

Aftermarket barrels for twist-lock mags are going to get quite hard to come by and expensive.

Most higher priced aftermarket barrels are very similar in quality and accuracy. Get one in a bore that will fit the paint you use. The Freak system will not give you much benefit besides being cool.

Decide on what looks cool among the ones you chose. Good luck!

Bolter
06-11-2003, 08:03 AM
J&J two piece performance all the way man. Hasn't caused me any probs.

nt2004
06-11-2003, 10:20 AM
buy an evil pipe. its orgasmic