PDA

View Full Version : Revvie LED Question

Mega Man
06-10-2003, 05:47 PM
Is it possible to replace the Red LED powser light with a new one of a different color, in a 12v revvie. I searched for this and someone said they did it but on a 9v revvie, but I tried this on my 12v revvie and I believe the red led is sodered (sp?) into the board. Also if it is possible to exchange lights, is it possible to make it blink every time I fire (I just intellifeeded my mag)? thanks a bunch.....

shinobidice
06-10-2003, 07:06 PM
i'm gonna look at that later, whether or not you can replace it or not. You should be able to tap off the intellifeed somehow to make it blink, and if you cant get the battery light off, why not drill out a spot and put in a different hole for one?

Lopy-slopy
06-10-2003, 08:06 PM
there's a guy in the dealers forum that says he can do lots of stuff with revies. He especialy mentions adding lights and stuff. Look for it. He charges like 10 bucks or something so it's not costing you much.

WickeDKlowN
06-12-2003, 01:32 PM
It's rather simple if you know how to solder and desolder. Just desolder the red one and solder the new one in there.

Edit: and for the intellifeed, it's possible. You would prolly have to rdill another hole and splice it in somewhere.

BajaBoy
06-13-2003, 04:10 PM
when i was putting the intell stuff in my old revvy i also put in an extra led that blinked when the motor was spinning. Cool i guess but i found that it take power away from the motor and shorted battery life

rapidshooter
06-14-2003, 01:09 PM
i know pnzrfst does those kinds of things here is his thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84179)