PDA

View Full Version : What O-Rings for quick disconnects?

Frank (the spank)
06-10-2003, 06:59 PM
I just realized I have every O-Ring to all of my gear... except my quick disconnects. on my E-Mag I have the AGD male and female quick disconnect and I also have a QD on my Scuba fill station. If one of theses were to ever go.. I'll be screwed.

Where can I order spares? Will the same ones work in either QD? The one in my AGD QD is that nice nylon one that will last a long time, but on my fill station it's a cheap rubber one.

Also.. are they hard to change? I keep a dental pick in my tool kit so hopefully I'll be able to change one if I have to.

Thanks for any help :)

ChucktheMAGician
06-10-2003, 07:06 PM
I've never heard of anyone changing, or even seen anyone selling, QD o-rings. I'm interested to see what others have to say but I'm guessing that they don't go bad or you just buy a new female part.:)

chronic john
06-10-2003, 09:01 PM
them qwik disconect o-rings are the same size as the powertube o-ring well thats what i use anyway its the same size but i noticed that they are black instead of the clear .

Frank (the spank)
06-10-2003, 09:41 PM
Really? Well that rules :)

Thanks!

Tyril
06-11-2003, 08:29 PM
them qwik disconect o-rings are the same size as the powertube o-ring well thats what i use anyway its the same size but i noticed that they are black instead of the clear .

Yep! Works well, too. I ended up blowing most of my QD to unknown locations in the house with an air cannon. Note: that was a bad idea ;)

-mike