PDA

View Full Version : nitro on an AMG?

Brak
06-10-2003, 08:37 PM
my friend is content on keeping his AMG, and he wants to get nitro for it. dont flame me, and he is a really good player (hey, bad company uses AMGs and they are sick) and he is going to upgrade to nitro before he upgrades his gun.
he asked me to help him find a tank for him, so i have some questions that i need answered. (he might upgrade to a black magic cocker later)
what type of tank? preset or adjustable?
what output? low or high pressure?
and will nitro work with the AMG's foregrip (it says its an inline expansion chamber? wtf?)? and will i be able to convert the expansion chamber to a gas-thru?

yeahthatsme
06-10-2003, 08:39 PM
high pressure crossfire preset! he doesnt need an adjustable, its an amg, its made to run off of 800psi or so from c02. the crossfire is your best choice, they are reliable, conistant, and the regs are nice and small.

Torbo
06-10-2003, 08:43 PM
Go with a high pressure output preset. Crossfire or Pure Energy. Dont be cheap either, get a fiber wrapped tank.

CrazyLad
06-10-2003, 08:51 PM
Yeah Crossfire or Pure Energy

deathstalker
06-10-2003, 09:01 PM
1. Preset
2. High
3. Yes. If the foregrip is anything like Kingman's others, it already IS a gas-thru. They've been touting theirs as expansion chambers for years but the last time I checked, expansion chambers aren't hollow. Even if it was an expansion chamber, it would work just fine.

Also, spydervenom, www.svcustoms.tk, has an adaptor to replace the foregrip and install a "normal" foregrip or secondary regulator.
http://www.geocities.com/spydrvnm/amgpic.txt

sneakyhacker420
06-10-2003, 09:12 PM
bad company only uses AMG's and other spyders cause they are paid VERY WELL by kingman because it helps espose the guns to new players, which gets them millions in sales every year

i used nitro on my amg when i had it over a year ago and it works fine, main thing i suggest is to get a different bottomline reg such as a maxflo, because the stock reg just plain sucks, it actually has a FULL recharge time of 22 seconds, so you are just hurting your gun by leaving it on there

but you WILL need a regulator of some sort because of the massive air chamber in the foregrip, it acts as one large LPC, which forces the gun to work at a considerable lower pressure, around 350 psi out of the box

and the "expansion chamber" is just a completely empty tube drilled into the foregrip... another useless gimmick

you'll want a high output tank and if you wanna get rid of the stock reg, i would suggest to get a macdev or maxflo system, both of which are EXTREMELY consistent at the 250-450 psi range

cockersuk14
06-10-2003, 09:27 PM
it actually quite odd that your friend has an amg and maybe wants a black magic next. my friend had an amg like a month ago. he used a bulldog 68/3k nitro tank and it worked great. about a month later he got a black magic and of course the tank was fine on both guns. he just traded his bulldog for an armageddon. but pretty much any tank will work on either the amg or black magic. however if he does plan to get a cocker he might want to look into a smaller size tank around 68ci because cockers are really efficient. the amg isnt bad on air either. but just make sure your friend knows that his amg will probably shoot alot faster than a black magic with a stock frame.

spydervenom
06-10-2003, 09:38 PM
tell him to try and go for a crossfire tank. www.samspaintball.com sells them cheap.

he should get a vert reg. i also have a straight one coming out soon
http://www.geocities.com/spydrvnm/straightamg.txt
if he wants one, have him email me.

sneakyhacker420
06-10-2003, 10:24 PM
i'll have to pick up another AGD as another milling project gun... dremel fun :D

and then get the vert adapter from you and trick it out like a mofo!