PDA

View Full Version : Classic Mag distance

Vert
06-10-2003, 09:06 PM
What kind of distance am I looking at compared to a Angel, Cocker, Impy, Timmy. I was playing earlier today and it didnt seem like I was getting any distance compared to them. Just trying to see if I am going to be at the bottom of the list when playing against those markers or I should see if something is wrong with the maker.

Side question ... where would the EMag and XMag be with the same group of markers.

m-98
06-10-2003, 09:09 PM
The only time a paintball will go farther is with a Flatline barrel. Two paintballs going the same velocity will go the same distance, so the range of the guns you mentioned will be the same.

Fatjon
06-10-2003, 09:22 PM
No cockers will shoot further than any gun because it has a back block that moves.;)

RRfireblade
06-10-2003, 09:46 PM
Actually,
I get more distance out of a Classic Mag.It's more aerodynamic so you can throw it farther.

Jay.

Funny thing is,it's the only one that still shoots after you go pick it up.Go figure.:D

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
06-10-2003, 09:51 PM
no gun shooting 280fps will shoot farther then any other unless they have a special add on such as a flatline or z-body

xadamx
06-10-2003, 10:20 PM
add a lot of chrome that will make it go farther

Miscue
06-10-2003, 10:23 PM
16" barrel makes it go 2" further than a 14" barrel.

Vert
06-11-2003, 05:03 AM
Ok Ok Ok I get the point. :)

nippinout
06-11-2003, 05:07 AM
You can get more range if you go fire a paintball from Mile High Stadium than if you were to fire one from Yankee Stadium. :D

Vert
06-11-2003, 06:19 AM
Or imagin how far it would go if I shot one on the moon.

<sigh> This will teach me to ask a question. Atleast some people answered me serious. thx

nippinout
06-11-2003, 06:27 AM
Just poking fun. :D

ALWAYS ask questions.

Everybody has to begin somewhere.

I always ask questions. I also forget the answers half of the time. :)

cphilip
06-11-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by m-98
The only time a paintball will go farther is with a Flatline barrel.

I know what you ment to say was that it will travel a flater trajectory. In all they will go the same distance. But you would have to point a non backspin type barrel higher up to see this since its traveling at more of an arch and might hit the ground sooner. But they will both completely run out of steam at the same distance pretty much if you account and adjust for the arch and all. They Non backspin may even travel some distance further. Because if you do adjust for the arch then you have some distance to gain from just gravity. Whereas the Backspin barrel shot ball will just almost come to a stop in mid air and fall to the ground. The non backspin shot ball will still be traveling in an arch for some few more feet before it hits the ground. Allthough its flight will be much more curved all the way in the process.