PDA

View Full Version : How do i get may gear on the plane?

The Yellow Dart
06-10-2003, 09:40 PM
Well, this summer may family and I are going to California and Las Vagas. I was looking at some field locators and California and Las Vegas seem to have some pretty good fields. So, i am looking foward to playing paintball there. Now to the question. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to get my gun, air tank, and my gear onto the plane without being hasseled by security?

devingoode
06-10-2003, 09:52 PM
i live in CA but my mom is in IL so i go there for the summers, just make sure all of the air is out of your tank, dont take your pb stuff on carry on instead box it up and make sure it goes to the cargo area of the plane, if someone asks never say paintball gun, say paintball marker, thats pretty much it.

deathstalker
06-10-2003, 10:15 PM
Just contact the airline you'll be using and ask them what you need to do. Not all airlines allow you to take tanks on the plane, even if they're empty with the burst disk removed.

If you'll be staying at reputable hotels, call them to see if you can ship them to yourself.

logamus
06-10-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by deathstalker
If you'll be staying at reputable hotels, call them to see if you can ship them to yourself.
this is by far the easiest way, the hard part is shipping it back to yourself.

cledford
06-10-2003, 11:16 PM
I had no problem taking my Emag to the AGD factory tech class flying out of Dulles and into O'Hare.

I arrived an extra 45 minutes early and told them about the marker and walked with the TSA rep to a special Xray machine. They Xrayed it, asked me what it was, then threw it on the belt to the plane - they didn't even bother asking me to open the bag.

I didn't take an air system - but Claire was up there and she said she never has a problem with her's - it just has to be empty. It might be worth it to remove the fill nipple to show that there is no way it could have any air in it - then just put it back on the night before playing.

FWIW, they will not be ANY WHERE as concerned about the marker (you can actually check real firearms as long as you follow procedures) as they will be with the air system - can you say Value Jet? Honestly, the N2 will be the huge concern for them.

-Calvin

yeahthatsme
06-11-2003, 10:45 AM
devingoode: where in illinois?