PDA

View Full Version : !!new!!!!!!wgp!!!

Catch22
06-10-2003, 10:59 PM
Here is the thread!! WOW you guys are either going to like it or hate it. Just go straight to page 10 for pictures.

http://www.wgppress.com/viewtopic.php?t=319&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=135

a_malfunction
06-10-2003, 11:03 PM
Seems kinda dumb to me... but I guess it might appeal to the senario guys.

Teen
06-10-2003, 11:08 PM
I don't like autocockers (only because i think there are too many things that can go wrong with them, my friend's autococker seems troublesome)but i have got to say, that is a pretty sweat cocker.

cledford
06-10-2003, 11:09 PM
I love it - how much????

-Calvin

ShowTime
06-10-2003, 11:13 PM
going to be funny when a ball hits the glass peices

Teen
06-10-2003, 11:19 PM
btw, i was talking about the other cockers laying on the bed. not the one with the scopes on it, or whatever they were. thats just pointless and gay. when that gun gets hit with paint, its gonna be a pain to clean.

xadamx
06-10-2003, 11:21 PM
WOWZERS! a 2k3 cocker with milling and a bunch of scopes and crap you can add on thatll do you absolutly NO GOOD!!! YEA BUDDY ILL TRADE MY IR3 FOR THAT!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lord knows there arent any 2k3 remilled and re annoed cockers out there... taht sure is original

fail.

~WarpedRT#2~
06-10-2003, 11:45 PM
No man, no. No no no no no. They look gay. Real gay in fact. The body milling is stupid looking, and uninspired, and why is the reg bent like that??? And I have to say, I'm not at all impressed with WGP's swing trigger. Against other swings, it sucks too. Whats that stupid cover on the front block for? Who is that guy holding it? And good god why would you put all that crap on it????

I got it!! They are trying to make it look like a Tippmann! Put a Flatline barrel on that sucker, and blam! You got yourself a 98 Custom.

Grasshopper
06-10-2003, 11:53 PM
I personally don't like the way it looks. It's not the ugliest marker I've seen, but it really doesn't seem like anything special.

Edit:
wow i dunno if i would but it w/ all the lights adn scopes adn stuff but still that looks sooo tight
Hahahaha

Catch22
06-11-2003, 12:00 AM
I LOVE the finish on the gun and the black pump rod. That's it though. I think this was supposed to be geared WAY towards Scenario players.

Clockwork_Orange
06-11-2003, 12:18 AM
I have to admit...the gun looks nice, especially for scenario games, but what good is it when it gets it's butt kicked by a mag!;) Or should I say emag/xmag, warp and all (low profile) knocks one of those scopes off, because it's sticking out the side of a bunker.

Upgrade your grey matter 'cause 1 day it may matter!!!

Ov3rmind
06-11-2003, 12:39 AM
They sure did a good job at making the normally good looking Cocker super ugly. Follows in the vein of the Flatline Cocker.

Hemorrhage
06-11-2003, 12:43 AM
I heard $650...

PsychoBaller
06-11-2003, 03:59 AM
I think WGP just ran out of ideas to make the Gun actually better..... at least AGD is making stuff to improve its guns.

Lazer Light Shows coming from a gun don't do a dang thing ...

CASE CLOSED

joeyjoe367
06-11-2003, 04:21 AM
Hey Baller, I hate to defend WGP, but their E-Class Orracle 'cockers are pretty nice and definatly an improvement.

but this gun is kinda dumb.

nippinout
06-11-2003, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by PsychoBaller
I think WGP just ran out of ideas to make the Gun actually better..... at least AGD is making stuff to improve its guns.

Lazer Light Shows coming from a gun don't do a dang thing ...

CASE CLOSED

Feed neck is now threaded. That's a pretty good improvement to me. Pressed necks are a lot less work than threading both a body and feed neck.

WGP consistently improves their stock cockers almost every year.

Personally, I really like the gun. Sure, the lasers and stuff isn't going to do much in the way of aiming, but it's kinda cool.

Scopes aren't great for aiming either, but it's a lot easier to carry a scope on-gun than lugging around binoculars.

WGP also includes a RIS type of interface. A lot cleaner to mount night vision that way instead of hose clamps and JB Weld. hehehehe.

Scenario and big games are only going to get more and more popular. Magazines and online sites emphasize on tournaments. I'll admit, tournaments are pretty and exciting. Bright colored bunkers, fancy jerseys, and fast guns are very cool. But that's 2% of all paintball players.

It's nice to see that the manufacturers are beginning to really show some support for the other 98%. They always have, but the great interest in scen/big games is getting more attention from them.

The Tippmann family obviously is a big supporter of scen/big games. TK has shown large interest in scen/big games also. With WGP now producing the VF-TACTICAL, scen/big games are going to get more and more popular.

Tom also stated that he was going to look into a paintball gun which uses similar rounds to the FN XM-303. Imagine a player in a ghillie suit with a scope that actually served as an aiming tool. Sure, it would cost over $1 a shot, but it would be one-shot one-kill.

The VF-TACTICAL is going to be ugly to some people. All guns have their dislikers. I dislike the Matrix for it's lack of meat. :) I think the new cocker is awesome looking. Yahoo for WGP! Yahoo for the 98%!!!

I can't wait to see what else WGP has in store for 2004.

EDIT:

Does that WGP tech have 11 cockers on his bed?

He said he played with it at D-Day. No one noticed it?

Quickling
06-11-2003, 08:48 AM
don't like

aaron_mag
06-11-2003, 09:05 AM
They have lost their minds.....thought the marker looked good but the rest of it is insanity...

zeke1975
06-11-2003, 09:09 AM
That's Jeff Orr in the pictures... so I can see why he'd have all those markers laying around!

TheTramp
06-11-2003, 10:09 AM
I think it's pretty obvious that the only reason that the one cocker had three optics on it was to show the different mounting points on the new mounting bracket.

I don't think they intend for anyone to go onto the field with all three points filled.

yeahthatsme
06-11-2003, 10:21 AM
its a matte black 03 cocker with a bunch of scopes on it...woo hoo.

-=Squid=-
Originally posted by PsychoBaller

Now, I love AGD, and I hate that cocker...but if WGP is out of ideas, couldnt that be a good thing? I mean, AGD is only improving things that other guns already have (aluminum bodies anyone? Speed?) All of these other guns feature what AGD is currently doing. And the xmag is just a 500 dollar extra emag with an ace...although I love the Xmag, it seams like what your saying is more negative to AGD.

theguy
Who in there right mind would do someth...ahh I think I will go clean the house like a good little boy, I won't even bother...

AGD EDIT: NO SWEARING!!

CrazyLad
06-11-2003, 11:02 AM
wow...thats the ugliest thing ive ever seen.

Pile & A Half
06-11-2003, 11:05 AM
I personally think that it is just an all around pile. I hate everything about it. The milling isn't that bad....but then again I don't really care for that either. Nothing really seems to attract my attention on liking. That's a big F from my opinion.

minimag187
06-11-2003, 11:07 AM
The main question is...... does it come with an in-for-red scope? :D :D

Brak
06-11-2003, 11:12 AM
its an autococker for scenarios, big deal

-=Squid=-
06-11-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by minimag187
The main question is...... does it come with an in-for-red scope? :D :D

I dont get it? Please explain? :confused:

Spaceman613
06-11-2003, 11:52 AM
and yet no one noticed the vert asa being 15 degrees backward and farther forward?

so that means that they have anew front block/asa integrated with reverse 15deg... and the body never had the original asa screw tapped into it. Id like to check it out.

If they sold the body separately it would add a lot of options in customization with the asa being elimitanted in that area.

Is it groundbreaking? nope, is it different, yep...

is it for everyone? nope. is there any reason to badmouth it? Of course not

minimag187
06-11-2003, 11:55 AM
AkA Thermal sensing Scope.

Ironlance7
06-11-2003, 12:03 PM
You know guys it really isn't that bad. The only feature I don't like about it is that the reg is bent inward, but other then that it's pretty cool. It fits right in with woods ball and secanrios. I also really like the idea of being ablt to mount a scope on the sides. Sure, its not the tournement tool of the future, but most people could have a lot of fun with it.

rhcp377
06-11-2003, 12:06 PM
looks like a wgp 15 degree asa, backwords. I think it(whole gun) looks pretty cool but main use will be rec/scenario

GT
06-11-2003, 12:18 PM
I love both cockers and mags, however this one is kinda ugly.

looks like someone bought the fore grip connector thing from a rt/rtp and put it on there cocker. Personally i dont think that the neg 15 deg does anything unles you change the 45 grip frame say to a 90?

I love wgp's cockers but this thing is awful.

Side note I have always loved there dust jobs, way way better than WDP.

jb

WARPED1
06-11-2003, 02:03 PM
[begin puking]YUCK![/puking]

NatogDarkheart
06-11-2003, 03:05 PM
I own both a classic mag (now with ULE) and a couple of 'cockers. I happen to like black markers, so that gets a thumbs-up from me. My only concern is going to be the 1 billion clowns that mount laser sights on thier markers. Laser sights are bad for everyones eyes, and I hope that all the refs crack down on them wherever they are.

I haven't played any of the really big scenario games, so I dunno if a spotting scope would be better than binoculars. Certianly if a cheap scope did as good a job as binoculars then the RIS mounts would prove useful.

In a scenario game having a larger profile isn't as big a deal, it's not like they have 100 acres of sup'air to play on. Most of the time I've had to use brush or a tree 1/3 the size of me for cover.

-Natog Darkheart

m-98
06-11-2003, 04:55 PM
Definitaly for scenarios and rec games, but I'd consider getting one if I was looking at 'Cockers. The ASA being backwards is kind of weird though, but you never know, might be comfortable.

Blazingace
06-11-2003, 05:00 PM
I think that the gun itself is kinda sexy. I love the matte black finish and the milling is very nice too. Accessory rails on PB guns only mimic real firearms and make it easier to put your favorite additions on.

Marchborne
06-11-2003, 05:46 PM
I like it.

It's functional. The rail for accessory lights is a good feature for anybody who plays night games, and the milling and matte finish are sweet.

The reverse-angle reg looks comfy as hell, and if the internals make it more efficient, then bonus. Kudos to WGP.

Too many nancy-fancy anno/milling jobs out there anyway :D .
(P.S.: for those with no sense of humor, that's sarcasm. I own a fade cnc xmag, and a purple ule mag).

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-11-2003, 06:46 PM
They released those at Oklahoma DDay. They are pretty nice actually....for a cocker

coolcatpete
06-11-2003, 07:17 PM
These look really cool, but if I did not hate cockers I might have bought one.

GT
06-11-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by NatogDarkheart
. Laser sights are bad for everyones eyes, and I hope that all the refs crack down on them wherever they are.
-Natog Darkheart

No offense nate,
but the lasers that are sold as sites down cause eye probs.

jb

68magOwner
06-11-2003, 07:23 PM
wow, its like wgp gone tippmann