PDA

View Full Version : Do they make yellow sticky grips?

LazyDre
06-11-2003, 08:48 AM
I really want some im getting a yellow gun and its going to look tight, but it would look better with some yellow stickies....Ill post pics later...u know post whore the fudge out of this place

automan39
06-11-2003, 07:04 PM
i dont think they ever did, but u can use rit dye and dye it a yellow. try searching if u wanna no how

krafty
06-11-2003, 10:26 PM
Dye doesn't make yellow ones, but APP makes "grip wrappers" in yellow. They say they're made for rental guns, but I always thought it would be cool to have some as well.

http://www.allenpaintball.com/grips.html

LazyDre
06-12-2003, 08:50 AM
Has anyone use those before, r they comforatable or at least will they not fall apart the next day. Also does anyone have info on dyeing sticky grips to the color i want or anyway of changing the color?

Cryer
06-12-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by LazyDre
Has anyone use those before, r they comforatable or at least will they not fall apart the next day. Also does anyone have info on dyeing sticky grips to the color i want or anyway of changing the color?

Its easy. Use RIT dye (found at Walmart and hobby shops everywhere).
Boil water in a pot and stir in the dye. Take the water of the stove so it stop boiling. When it stops, put in the grips ( you might want to let it cool down just a little bit since the stickies are a softer plastic than what everyone is used to dying with hoppers). Its best to hold them with a ladel or something. Dont touch the water as it's hot and it will stain your skin the color of the dye. (Yellow wouldn't be so noticeable, but my hand was Scarlet Red for 2 weeks:p ) check the grips every minute or so. once they have the right color, run them under cold water to get the excess dye off. If they end up too light, put'em back in the dye.

While you have the dye mixed up, you might as well dye your hopper. If its clear, take the internals out, and do the same thing with each piece.

LazyDre
06-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Thanks, im going to try that, (im probably going to end up melting them though)

SIGSays
06-12-2003, 09:31 PM
just find some beat used clear ones,,, i bet they turn grea after a lil bit

hAppy
06-13-2003, 12:10 AM
dude... i think you see sweaty clear grips... thats nasty foo

lol you get yellow stickies when you use clear stickies w/o gloves

now to hear my fake reasoning: hand chemicals + rubber = yellow acid rubber