PDA

View Full Version : Mags:A choice that needs HELP...plz...

CodeMA
06-11-2003, 02:21 PM
Ok after much thought and trying to pick between possible marker choices......I think I have chosen a mag out of Imps,cockers,and timmys... its right up there with trixes in my book..so I still seek to fire both alil more but for the most part Im set on a mag.......

Now.... I was thinking classic or mini due to funds for one

Upgrades:xvalve, Iframe,Fighter X 7.0 drop,HPA tank(whatever I get) Barrel:Im thinking Hammerhead(Killer barrel new on the market SS looks like it would looks sweet on a mag and has has fin kit for pant matching) or freak with SS back/tear drop front

right power feed with Halo or Halo w/warp....

So with this setup I would have a good ele grip that can be intefaced with hopper/warp(right?) the retro valve for speed and a drop down killer, and the lvl 10 for no chopping, the feed system would keep up,and eather barrel system would look good and be accurate and quite(namely the hammer head with its sound displacment porting that puts sound back on you..makeing it seem really quite to though around) and fast

question:how fast?

and with a used mag(or new....depends what I can find) and these upgrades....it should run me about 850 or less (have the drop, will have tank, and have Halo)

other cosmetic things: fore grip/gas threw, rails, etc

Suggestions, comments on gas effecentness etc are welcome and needed, aswell as speed and accuracy...and what else can be done to improve it further

thanks

Remington
06-11-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by CodeMA
and with a used mag(or new....depends what I can find) and these upgrades....it should run me about 850 or less (have the drop, will have tank, and have Halo)

:eek: For $850 you could get a nice, used Emag setup! :rolleyes:

P.S.
Welcome to AO! :D

CodeMA
06-11-2003, 04:01 PM
well than....I might just have to look into that too....

Im mainly looking for a mag with the retro/rt and lvl 10 that can sling accuratly...for a lower price...emag fits that...so ya...sounds good....

I might have to hit one of Yalls get togeathers here in Texas and see what I like.....which sounds good....and will be alot easyer than a chance run in at a feild around here heh

thanks...

open to more opnions/facts

BradPalooza
06-11-2003, 04:11 PM
RT-Pro comes with an X-Valve, Level-10, and an intelliframe.
Right on the AO store brand new they are $750.

Personally, I don't like buying used stuff unless I know who it is I'm buying it from and know the history. The person selling it is selling it for a reason. You can get good bargains that way though so alot of people do buy used. What you do is your call.
-Brad

cphilip
06-11-2003, 05:31 PM
And guess what! there are just a few ULE RTP's out... dealers forum fella's. Things just get better and better...:D

shinobidice
06-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by CodeMA

So with this setup I would have a good ele grip that can be intefaced with hopper/warp(right?)
thanks

umm by ele do you mean electro? the intelliframe/i-frame isnt electronic. The only good electro frames for mags are the hyperframe, and what an emag has

CodeMA
06-11-2003, 06:34 PM
Alright....thats cool..

about the electric grip thing...uhh thought it was....hmmmm well nice grip none the less...

So...with an RTP....I would have to upgrade...quite literly just the barrel and have the same preformance from building up a classic or mini....

which would be about what bps(for thouse of you that own one? would like it hear it from or simply know)

and how much would a hyper frame post this if I threw it on insted of an I frame?

Ya...and Your right about buying used...friend of the family that I bought my current e99 off of....neglected to mention I was missing a minor part or two....heh

thanks again

m-98
06-11-2003, 06:43 PM
For bps, I think that the highest rof was about 33 cps (cycles per second) with an Xvalve, but nothing can feed that fast yet so I guess you are limited by your hopper.

askman
06-11-2003, 06:47 PM
if you are going to go electro. pick up a used emag. Heck, new ones are 850 if you look around, and used go for 600 with level x. I bought mine used, and it works fine. (they come with 2 stars for warrantee purposes, and it is transferrable) That will leave you enough for tank and decent barrel.

yeahthatsme
06-11-2003, 07:00 PM
for 850 you could get an emag and put a ULE body on it....

CodeMA
06-12-2003, 11:18 AM
...I think perhaps...I forgot to mention I reallllllly didnt want to throw 800+ at it at one time.....heh..unless I come apon a few nice jobs(rare around here that will hire a person of my age,even though I do it better than the schools Sys Admin, go figure)

Im basicly looking for a accurate mag with xvalve or r/t/LX(same thing)

thats gonna be accurate and can be put into the lower 20s bps(Halo B feeding speed) being as I have a HALO B presently and like it....if need be Ill buy a warp...

main thing now before I get the gun is a good...cheap...used...HPA tank...screw in because I put about 35 into a nice trasferible drop/bottem line on my spyder(yes I know ofset yadda yadda, Im useing adapter and new duckbill on the other end with all new hoses/elbows) and I hear the Fighter X drops are ausome on mags....so I really cant go roung with transfering it from My spyder...

soooooo.... If I can reach the desire ROF will all the benies of a mag...and not get alot of electronics on this gun(Ive been caught in the rain with my electro spyder...lets just say It wasnt fun...atall and Ive never run so fast to get to vehical when it got there to break it down and make shure everything was dry...had to have my halo sent in though because water DID get to it(Halo came with gun I didnt buy it seprately))

thanks again....wouldnt mind electro but trying to keep the risk down,play alot of woodsball right now still...but if I find a good deal...Im all for it

Teen
06-12-2003, 12:21 PM
You can get an RT Pro brand new for $540 at www.paintballgear.com