PDA

View Full Version : Paintball and the Marines

lopxtc
06-11-2003, 04:55 PM
Oh yeah ... one of the units I used to work with got some good paintball action in earlier ...

http://www.military.com/NewsContent?file=usmc3_060403&ESRC=marine.nl

For those that havent seen it ... the combat town at Camp LeJuene,NC is one of the most realistic MOUT (Military Operations in Urban Terrain) centers in the Corps and possible the services in general ...

Man wish the Corps had adopted this style of training before I got out ... used the lame MILES gear while I was in. Too easy to tamper with and fool.

Aaron

Evil Bob
06-11-2003, 05:37 PM
Yep, we did alot of paintball training in the early 90's when I was in the Army, it's great for CQB.

MILES comes into it's own for the range of engagement alone, but you're quite right, most cheated by either setting their gear to near miss or by removing the battery on the harness completely. Pretty sad when you have to cheat to win.

-Evil Bob

lopxtc
06-11-2003, 07:24 PM
You'll laugh but we used BB guns allot for this ... Was a great way to actually shoot someone and not worry about too much harm. I got good a shooting people in the hands as they tried to enter windows or climb up roofs.

Aaron

Originally posted by Evil Bob
Yep, we did alot of paintball training in the early 90's when I was in the Army, it's great for CQB.

Evil Bob
06-11-2003, 07:47 PM
I've heard of a few units using airsoft guns for this as well.

-Evil Bob

izecold7
06-11-2003, 07:59 PM
My unit hasn't done any close-quaters paintball, but we have made a few trips to the local paintball field together as a unit function. But I'm on the avaition side of the marines.

lopxtc
06-11-2003, 07:59 PM
What unit are you with?

Aaron

Originally posted by izecold7
My unit hasn't done any close-quaters paintball, but we have made a few trips to the local paintball field together as a unit function. But I'm on the avaition side of the marines.

izecold7
06-11-2003, 08:13 PM
I'm still in avaition school and haven't recieved my orders yet. But only a few more months left.

lopxtc
06-11-2003, 08:17 PM
Tech or Pilot?

Aaron

izecold7
06-14-2003, 08:56 PM
Ground support equipment