PDA

View Full Version : Evil Pipe Kit VS. Smart Parts Freak

rudy6732
06-11-2003, 08:41 PM
Hey, im lookin to get a barrel kit. Besides the price my only prob is deciding which one. my top two contenders are the Freak and Evil Pipe. LMK what you think...WHY????? who uses which barrel? are they worth $180?

THANKS! david.

also if you no a different/better kit post it here...

FalconGuy016
06-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Do you have a mag? Pipes dont work with mags, just in case you didnt know :) I voted for pipe because I like the idea of backs much better than inserts, and I like how a pipe looks.

rudy6732
06-11-2003, 08:49 PM
yea i have a mag, vert feed. i was leaning toward the pipe also and wanted to know if i would be able to call up Evil and have them make a mag back, and preferably a blue kit. can they do custom work like this?

rudy6732
06-11-2003, 08:54 PM
i could get a ule body also.

muirtach
06-11-2003, 09:02 PM
a better bet would be to get one of Doc Nickel's mag-cocker adapters. Nothing but great comments so far.

Ryknow
06-11-2003, 09:16 PM
Stay away from the freak, there are much better insert kits available. If you want an insert kit go with an Equation or Scepter. I was going to get a pipe but Evil messed up and I gace them two damn months to get it to me and no Pipe. So I gave that a big middle finger and I'm buying an Equation kit Saturday.

rudy6732
06-11-2003, 09:17 PM
nice tp know....who makes an "equation"?

Bad A$$ Frontman
06-11-2003, 09:22 PM
Dude, i gotta freak kit on my mini,

U wanna talk about accuracy, omg....

i was freakin fannin the marker and kickin the crap outta some dude try to run from one bunker to the other in sup'

he said dude u hit me accouple times, this dude was pink,hehehe

and itz quite too... most people dont like em because they dont know how to set up the system to match the ballz...

thats the key, anywayz do what u want.

theraidenproject
06-11-2003, 09:26 PM
One word: "Scepter". Case closed.

Nick O time
06-11-2003, 09:33 PM
i have a freak but i am replacing it with an evil pipe because i like teh ideas of a back more then an insert, and i am building an all black mag (yes i do have a ule body).

Ryknow
06-11-2003, 09:48 PM
If you want to check out the equation kits go to www.equationusa.com I'm going to get a multi switch kit with a bizerk tip.. my local shop said I could do it :D

Evil Bob
06-11-2003, 10:18 PM
Pipe all the way, I'm tired of the insert game and I really like the pipe. I'm using it on one of Doc's mag to cocker adapters.

I've had the full freak kit, they're entirely too fragile; backs get bent, fronts break at the porting, quality control problems, etc.

If you want to do the insert thing, definitely go Scepter.

-Evil Bob

Bulldog
06-12-2003, 12:25 AM
Everything Bob said.

I have owned and used both. Go for the Pipe. The backs are great and the barrel is light and easy to clean.

darklord
06-12-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by theraidenproject
One word: "Scepter". Case closed. YES!

Recon by Fire
06-12-2003, 04:20 AM
I prefer my Freak. Yeah the inserts are brittle...if you throw them on the ground and stomp on them! What the hell are these other guys talking about? Quit throwing your gear around in fits of rage :) I think the Freak has more inserts than most of the other choices making it an advantage. As long as the bore matches, it's all personal preference after that...

PsychoBaller
06-12-2003, 04:42 AM
Sigh..... I dunno why everyone keeps forgetting......

SCEPTER KIT !!!!!!!!

And now with Doc's mag to cocker adapter thingy... u can use it on los Magos..... errr yah...

chronic john
06-12-2003, 07:48 AM
the c-p kit for sure the freak is just a bunch of hype . the pipe dont come in twist lock barrels . the c-p kit is 165 for 3 backs and 1 tip in a custom case . and the c-p is so air efficeint accurate and preety to .

Torbo
06-12-2003, 08:45 AM
how about a J&J edge kit? 4 backs and 1 front for 115, at paintball-discounters.com They come in twist lock too. Sounds like a deal to me.

Cryer
06-12-2003, 08:46 AM
What about the J&J Edge?
I have no experience with it, I was just wondering. I'm glad Rudy decided to ask this poll as I can benefit from it's results...

Barrel kits with interchangeable backs:
CP
J&J
PIPE
JT (They make one, right?)
what else?

Barrel kits w/ inserts:
Freak
Scepter
Equation
ACI Phat
Anything else?

What about the Aradus from psycho ballistics? I never took that one seriously, to tell you the truth...

mrbrutal
06-12-2003, 10:24 AM
WGP has their Kaner system with interchangable backs

The Aradus is the same as the Katana from Ronin Gear but I dont know too much about them

JAM
06-12-2003, 10:26 AM
between the pipe and freak, I'd say go Pipe. I've owned two sets for different guns and they are awesome. availablility was an issue for a little bit but that's pretty much worked out. They are sturdy, light, look cool, packaged really cool, shoot through breaks well, and are starting to come in diff colors.

Dayspring
06-12-2003, 12:03 PM
Scepter. All the way.

jaylock33
06-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Cryer one more to add to your list is Dye started making screw together barrels in boomstick and ultralite styles there is no kit to speak of but you can build your own they do however get a little pricey.

CodeMA
06-12-2003, 05:43 PM
another not mentioned...though not widely on the market yet.

Is the Hammerhead barrel system....not yet sold on there site with Mag threads....there full stainless steel..screw in backs for diffrent size paint,also stainless steel, looks like it would look ausome on mags with there porting,that displaces sound twords you makeing it seem mad quite...

Ive shot a freak and a hammer head...I prefer the hammerhead..... downside....EXPENSIVE...and only in Silver or Black if your picky about colors and fades

read more at:www.hammerheadpaintball.com or http://www.officialpaintball.com

again once they get popular you will most likely see a major swich in what systems are being used...I think it makes that much of a diffrence truthfully

MaChu
06-12-2003, 05:57 PM
Empire or Pipe.