PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight, flexible, kneepads?

FalconGuy016
06-11-2003, 09:00 PM
I really need kneepads. But I really hate bulky kneepads, and they sometimes hurt more in a different way than if I didnt have them on at all. I was wondering if there was some lightweight and flexible kneepads out there. I am thinking something like a thick neoprene pad, something that wont exactly protect you like a normal pad would, but just to give that little extra layer there so you can easily crawl around on like little rocks and stuff.

Thanks

personman
06-11-2003, 09:04 PM
Just duct tape a piece of foam to the inside of your pants :p
Thats all three of what you want

thecavemankevin
06-11-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by personman
Just duct tape a piece of foam to the inside of your pants :p
Thats all three of what you want

i have something like that for a sugestion, only better.

www.smokinpaintball.com

The outlast pants are THE BEST paintball pants on the market. They have large hemp patches on the knees (for those of you that don't know hemp is one of the toughest fabric/matirials out there). So the knees will never rip.

But the best thing of all is that they have a pocket for a thin piece of foam rubber that is molded to fit a knee and works absolutely perfect! The knee pads don't move, they don't get in the way when running cause the pants are baggy enough not to get in the way. But when you slide or neal they are right where you need them. I have used them several times since i won them at a tournament and my knees have never felt better after a day of play.

PsychoBaller
06-12-2003, 04:44 AM
i keep telling u people..... Dye Core Padz... just make sure u get the right size....

They stay in place, dont move around... and after broken in... u never even notice ur wearing them after a while during a day of play

i like tictacs
06-12-2003, 09:41 AM
i often forget to take my dyes off, after an hour in the car coming home i finally realize i left them on, you don't even notice them.

TheTramp
06-12-2003, 10:42 AM
Redz also makes a good kneepad. Very flexable but also give great protection. Just make sure to get the right size as they run large. That may be fine in a jersey but if your pads are too big they wont stay on durring rough use.

JAM
06-12-2003, 10:48 AM
yup , Dye core knees are sweet.

Brak
06-12-2003, 11:10 AM
if you dont find any answerers there, try biking kneepads. there are 2 kinds: slashpads, and crashpads. you want to look for slashpads. they are basically spandex that fits over your knee and has a thick layer to prevent cutting the skin from slashes. i think they would work very well for your purposes, if you find the right ones

mrkbik
06-12-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by thecavemankevin

i have something like that for a sugestion, only better.

www.smokinpaintball.com

The outlast pants are THE BEST paintball pants on the market. They have large hemp patches on the knees (for those of you that don't know hemp is one of the toughest fabric/matirials out there). So the knees will never rip.

But the best thing of all is that they have a pocket for a thin piece of foam rubber that is molded to fit a knee and works absolutely perfect! The knee pads don't move, they don't get in the way when running cause the pants are baggy enough not to get in the way. But when you slide or neal they are right where you need them. I have used them several times since i won them at a tournament and my knees have never felt better after a day of play.

I wonder what company you work for...

FalconGuy016
06-12-2003, 06:17 PM
Thanks im looking into all of these, thanks a bunch

EsPo
06-12-2003, 06:20 PM
go for the JT skinz dude

they are shin/knee and they are like single pant legs but super latex like. so theyll never slide on you.