PDA

View Full Version : Fixed air Pure Energy tanks

markhauguel
08-23-2001, 08:16 AM
Is there any way to up the pressure on PureE tanks. I have 2 48-3K's and the best of the 2 puts out 650 regulated. How is the pressure adjusted or will this void the hydrotest. I would like in the range of a CO2 tank 800-850. Thanks

68_Classic
05-05-2004, 12:47 PM
i don't think u can up the pressure

Hellaspaint
05-07-2004, 05:54 AM
650 output pressure??? I think preset Pure Energy reg are with a 800 psi output or with 450 psi as low output pressure. The only difference is a spring inside the reg's body.
Check the body of your reg if there is an engraved number with the output pressure and..
DO NOT make any modification if you are not absolutely sure about that!!!!

redlaser666
05-07-2004, 09:10 PM
If you probably dont have the materials and tools to do it, but ive done it before and its not too dificult.

Fist you will need to empty the bottle COMPLETLY (very important!!)

Then you need to take the reg apart. On the PE that i have the reg has reverse threads and was locktited.

Once you unscrew both halves you will see all the internals and the spring. It is a good time to chech the orings and seat, clean and re-lube. Add a shim to the spring and reasemble.

Test the output.
If its lower than before you will need to remove the shim and grind the spring (a little bit at a time).
If its higher but still not where you want it keep adding shims, but dont go over 0.100 in total shim height.

Once the presure is where you want it locktite the reg halves again.
Hope this helps!