PDA

View Full Version : Impy On Ebay....Thoughts?

Bartleby
06-11-2003, 10:46 PM
Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3612594932&category=16048&rd=1

Here's the story:
A friend of mine just went paintballing with me for the first time today and she decided she's really going to get into it and wants to buy a gun. She's asked me for suggestions and of course i told here to get a mag...just my biased opinion, however, she said she saw an impulse on ebay and thought the deal looked good.

I know nothing about impulses and i will be the first to admit that. Keeping that in mind, how does that package look and how much would you pay for it?

Don't worry, it's not the only thing we're lookin' at however i know nothing about it and to me it looked pretty good. We're gonna take a trip up to the local proshop so she can shoot a couple different markers and see how they feel, the impulse is on our list. Any other suggestions on good markers to look at used for under 1200 that are fairly reliable? I haven't really kept up with the whole market since i finished getting stuff for my mag.

Thanks,
-Aaron

Blazingace
06-11-2003, 10:54 PM
It looks like a very nice Imp. I have only seen one Meteor up close and they are pretty nice. I will say that there are nicer looking Imps out there, but that is a pretty good setup the way it is. I wouldn't pay more than like 850 for the whole thing. I would also ask what kind of internals the Imp has. Having the internals set up right is very important in an Imp. Most aftermarket Imps have some kind of internal work done to them. www.impulseownersgroup.com is a very nice site dedicated to the Imp. You can also check out some pictures of other Imps to see it you like something else.

The rest of the stuff in the package looks pretty good. I would also ask about the hydro date on the tank. It looks new but is doesn't hurt to ask.

askman
06-11-2003, 10:55 PM
frankly all high end markers are really reliable. For 1200bucks (I assume for marker, tank and hopper) you can get :

emag
angel speed
intimidator
matrix
vision impulse
eblade cocker
viking
2k3 bushmaster

I would not pay more than 7-800 for that package on ebay, since it is used. 60-75% value for used gear.

Sparks
06-11-2003, 11:35 PM
too much for a new player to spend on something she doesn't knows that she'll be into for a long time. My vote goes for a BKO, just make sure you get the trigger set-screws loc-tited after you get it because they have a habit of moving.

Jonno06
06-11-2003, 11:52 PM
thats a nice imp, she would totally love it i bet.

-Carnifex-
06-12-2003, 02:23 PM
Is she pretty and does she live in Colorado?

rhcp377
06-12-2003, 03:35 PM
1200$ for a gun and she has only played once:eek: i wish that was me

_Spork_1
06-12-2003, 04:32 PM
don't let her buy it

get her to buy a 98 custom or something

Lopy-slopy
06-12-2003, 05:24 PM
Why, if she has the money why not let her buy a nice gun. It would be sweet to be able to have a realy nice set up to start off with. If your worried about the matenince I think Bartlby could give her a heads up on matenince of a pb gun.

_Spork_1
06-12-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Lopy-slopy
Why,

it couldn't be becuase of impulse buying and her thinking that she is going to play paintball for a long time, the people that actually buy a nice set up as their first gun usally end up quiting or screwing their gun up extremly to the 3rd up

LawFox32
06-12-2003, 05:59 PM
I prefer not to.....