PDA

View Full Version : raptor rex question

Tobe2be
06-11-2003, 10:53 PM
well i have a 68/3k raptor rex and my regulator pin get stuck inside so im guessing i need one . now i need to know if its similar to the automag reg. i heard that tom and the guy from air america designed there regs similar but i wont to know if the mag pin can be used in my raptor. and i dont get a new one from air america b/c they want more for b.s ground shipping that what the part is worth. so if any has an answer or a pin that would work let me know thanks

WickeDKlowN
06-11-2003, 11:22 PM
Take the pin out, and compair it to a 'mag pin.

And the 3k tanks are just Raptor's. The Raptor Rex is the 4.5K version. ;)

Brak
06-12-2003, 09:48 AM
download the manual from AA's site. or you could give them your serial number and ship the whole tank to them and they will overhaul the same thing, or you could email them and they could tell you what you gotta do. if you dont want to order one pin, order a bunch of parts incase of another brakdown, but it probably wont happen

Shane-O-Mac
06-12-2003, 10:16 AM
the pins are completly different. also dont use mag seats in your reg. the pin in it is designed for the harder seat that AA uses. best bet is to send it in and they will completely go thru it for free (lifetime warranty)you only have to pay to ship it there. or order the parts from AA, as you will need a new seat also. once you took it apart, the seat is done because when it is put togther the seat is crushed between the bodies. feel free to call AA and ask any questions, ask for ted and tell him i sent ya.
Shane-O