PDA

View Full Version : Stun Gun Facts

WicKeD_WaYz
06-12-2003, 11:33 AM
Im looking into buying a stungun. Dont ask why. Does anyone have one of these? Have you ever been shocked by one? Does it put you straight on the ground like it says?:) Is there any permanent damage? What is a good voltage to buy? 100,000-500,000

Anyone ever use these?

Army
06-12-2003, 12:16 PM
First, your sig image can be no more than 300X175.

Get the most voltage you can afford, they don't drop people like sack of Tato's (which can be a big sack!). In fact, most people will physically and instinctively try to get away from the pain. Unless you have a good hold of the guy, you may not get more than a quick "pop" on him before he instantly spins or jumps out of the way.

They are more effective at psyching out a person, with all the snapping and crackling sparks across the contact points, and an evil sneer on your face.

Other than that, they are fun to play "how much can I take before the pain gets bad", by holding it to your leg and hitting the button!

......don't ask how I know to play that game......:D

Thordic
06-12-2003, 01:02 PM
I got whapped with one at a party once. I wasnt too sober, it sounded like a good idea at the time.

Didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would, I don't know how many volts it was though.

Sparq
06-12-2003, 01:46 PM
There is one called the Air Taser that is shaped roughly like a hand gun and can either be used at close range or can fire a pair of prongs on wires to about 20 feet or so. From what I've read about it, it's designed to actually disable your muscle control, not just cause pain. SO yeah, with that one they will just drop like a sack of potatoes. Something about the frequency of the discharge interrupting motor control.

I'd probably buy one if I wasn't in Canada...