PDA

View Full Version : jt sportz-comm?

rikkter
06-12-2003, 01:01 PM
if you dont know what it is, its a communication set up for JT masks, ear piece and a microphone. they make one for for the Proteus seperate.

but has anyone seen one of these in person yet? if so, how did they work in peformance? i read a site that said it should be available this spring or something.
be good for us scenario people, i had bringing the walkie to my face each time, and having it hang around my neck or some place.

BetaMax
06-12-2003, 02:14 PM
Here is a link to it for those who are looking for it.
http://www.jtusa.com/2003/paintball/paintball_visionproteussportzcomm.asp

From the looks of it, it is just the ear piece and microphone setup, you provide the walkie talkie.

KustomKid
06-12-2003, 03:26 PM
I've got one on my Flex-7 and a teammate has one on his ProShield. They're pretty nice. The sound quality is good, and the mic pics up voice well. It also does a good job of filtering out most of the ambient noise. We bought these for us to help run drills in practice without having to shout across the field, but I can see where they'd be awesome for scenario games and the like. You can plug in a CD player and stuff like that too if you want to. Not a bad deal for $25 if you ask me.

rikkter
06-12-2003, 03:28 PM
whered you get one of these?

KustomKid
06-12-2003, 03:39 PM
Stalker Paintball (http://www.stalkerpb.com) has them in stock. You might want to call them though, (248)584-2004, because I don't know if it's on their website or not.

Evil Bob
06-12-2003, 03:48 PM
The only problem with hands free VOX is you get alot of the running huffing and puffing tieing up the channel as well as alot of local yelling, sending traffic that doesn't need to be sent. If you turn the vox sensitivity up too high, it won't pick up your voice when you're trying to whisper and be stealthy.

I use FRS in scenario games but I have a remote push to talk button that is velcroed to my left index finger that I hit with my thumb. That way, I can run my tail end off, be huffing and puffing like the fat, old man I am, and it wont bother anyone else on the freq who might be trying to pass important info. I can also whisper and be heard if I'm deep into enemy territory and don't want to be found.

To add in your own remote push to talk, all you need to do is put a switch into the mic wire, the transmitter will only kick on when the circuit to the mic is closed.

-Evil Bob

gibby
06-12-2003, 03:56 PM
Hey EB...what 2 way walkie talkie are you using. My buddy and I were just discussing this earlier and we were debating on getting the ones with VOX vs the ones without.

Can you post pictures of your set up with the gloves and all? How do you run it without letting the wires restrict your movements?

rikkter
06-12-2003, 04:04 PM
the walkie tlakies have a setting to turn vox off and on, some do anywyas. id ont think theres a walkie talkie that is 'VOX only'

thanks Kustom, i just orderd two, one for my protues and one for my flex7

Evil Bob
06-12-2003, 09:37 PM
Motorola FRS is what I use. Most of the FRS radios come with a VOX hands free option. You can get a pair for as low as $50 at Costco or as high as $350 each depending upon the additional features you want.

Motorola has a deeper then normal 1/8" stereo jack socket for their headsets, which forces you to buy their stuff. If you take a 1/4" drill bit and drill the plastic surface casing, you will find it is a standard 1/8" socket and you will be able to use a Jabra ear/mic combo. I use the Jabra because it fits tightly in your ear, it's not going to come out while running.

-Evil Bob

AutomagRT1483
06-12-2003, 11:25 PM
What took them so long to come out with this? I coulda used a pre-installed one a month ago. I alomst ripped my ear off during a big game when my headset wire got caught on a tree branch.

rikkter
06-12-2003, 11:29 PM
i tried a ear piece one game, it jsut hurt my ear too much. the sole reason why i dont use a the walkies all that much is because its too much of a hassel since i stopped wearing it around my neck. this way i can jsut run a wire from like the walkie strapped to the mask strap and reach back and hit one button.

or maybe i can get my mom's bf to wire a button up on my gun so i can push that and be able to talk.

KustomKid
06-13-2003, 01:16 PM
No Problem rikkter. Glad I could help.