PDA

View Full Version : Mag classic problems-please help

Woogie12
06-12-2003, 07:11 PM
I went out to play today (i have been waiting to get my tank filled and stuff for a week now). I get out there, air up my gun, and load it with paint, and shoot it. It's tough to explain really but here goes. I shoot the first two balls w/ no problems. Then the next ones just roll out of the barrel. It sounds like the bolt isn't pushing hard enough. It sounds weaker than it should be. I believe it could be one of three problems. I was about to cry i was so frustrated.
1)I don't think it's this one but i took the valve off and i noticed that the two sides weren't even. The laser engraved Automag insignia was slanted like a lot.
2)I just got a new worrgames torpedo drop. I don't know if this would change anything but this may be one of the problems.
3) I'm not sure if this happened before or after my murderous rage. Well there is those two holes in the bottom of the valve and one of the holes has something in it that is small and circular and has a rod through it. It was not in the gun and i took of the valve before i played to show my friend how easy my gun is to strip. But i went to put the valve back in the gun after i took it apart cause it wasn't working and noticed that little piece in my bag. Would this be the cause of my problem? I am not sure when it fell out but if it did before i played then that is probably the problem but my macro broke off so i cant test it now.
Please respond fast and thank you for the help.

By the way it's a hopper left powerfeed all stock mag and i got it off of paintballgear.com. Also i put that little piece back in and put co2 in and shot air all through the gun and out the of the body too.

rjvemt1
06-12-2003, 07:32 PM
you need to get your gas problem fixed first so you can test the gun. start by hookin the gun up to the tank using the old set-up and see if it works, if it works then the problem is the drop. there is a flow restiction of some sort in the drop and you need a new one.

as far as the little holes in the valve, there are actually three holes in the bottom of the vale. the middle one is set of a little out of line and has a roll pin sticking out of it. this is the z-pin and is what slips into the grove on the rail. it prevents the whole valve from shooting out of the back of the gun of the strip screw comes out while the gun is gassed up. its supposed to be there.

the best piece of truoble shooting advice i can give you is to order the video from agd. they give them away for free, you just need to pay for s&h.

Woogie12
06-12-2003, 08:26 PM
I am pretty sure it's the on off pin that popped off cause i found it in the inside view in the manual. Two of the o-rings popped off when the pin came out and I don't know where they go. One is a white one and another is tan and bigger. But i put it back in and thought i had the o-rings figured out as in where they go. I gasses up the gun w/ co2 and the on off popped right out and hit the inside of the body. When I do it with the valve outside of the gun it shoots off and hits the wall. Also, is the z-pin the same as the on/off?

Drizit
06-13-2003, 12:39 AM
no the z pin isn't the same as the on/off pin. it's normal for the on/off pin to go flying if you gas the valve outside the marker. when you have the valve mounted it should pop out a bit and push the back of the sear down. the 2 orings go above the on/off top, right in the body of the gun. (i'm assuming you still have the on/off top and bottem.) the small white oring goes inside the larger one, then they get cramed inside the body, followed by the top, and bottem, with the pin through them. the part of the pin that has the little notch milled into it goes to the outside of the valve.

athomas
06-13-2003, 09:11 AM
First: Don't gas the valve up unless the gun is completely assembled. Things will come apart.

Put your valve back together according to the diagrams available here at Airgun Designs.

http://www.airgun.com/downloads/valveexplodedview.pdf

Once you get the gun put back together, gas it up. Dry fire a few times to see it it fires consistently. If it fires a shot or two and then fails to properly recharge then check your air supply. You mentioned a new torpedo drop. Maybe the pin in the ASA pushes the pin in the bottle in too far shutting the air supply off. Try backing the on/off knob out a bit and see if that helps.

Post your results.