PDA

View Full Version : on/off problem

TheJester
06-12-2003, 08:19 PM
i'm gonna apologize for the lack of information up front. i received a phone call today from my local proshop, they have got a classic stock mag in for repair and want me to work on it. what was said to be wrong was the pin won't reset the trigger. now i'm left to assume it's the on/off pin won't come back down to reset the trigger and that it was stuck up.

what would cause an on/off pin to stick?

the only other thing i can think of is the trigger rod. but the sear resetting the trigger is directly related to the on/off pin (why i would think it would be the on/off pin) but i will garentee the trigger rod will be the 1st thing i look at.

i just thought i could get a few little possibilties on what to look for if the trigger won't reset

SIGSays
06-12-2003, 09:26 PM
maybe not enuff pressure? screw in the velo... or maybe some orings are fried..

Drizit
06-13-2003, 12:28 AM
check to make sure the pin hasn't worn down too short, or broken off. i've see both (the broken one was on an rt but hey it could still happen)

edit:
oh, and oil that sucker, it may just be dry. last thought. check the power tube tip, if it's not all the way in then the bolt won't reset all the way and thust will hold the sear down.

athomas
06-13-2003, 09:19 AM
Several things to check.

Check the bolt spring. If it is worn it can cause bolt stick which could hold the sear down and preventing the trigger rod from moving forward.

Check the on/off pin. Role it on a flat surface to verify that it isn't bent. Check for scuffs or abrasions.

If the on/off top is of the older style, check that it is in the proper orientation. The X goes down.

First thing I would do is clean the entire valve and oil it. Then go from there.

Good luck.