PDA

View Full Version : XPB ano'd my Boo-yaah Micro!

ChucktheMAGician
06-12-2003, 08:29 PM
More sweet work arrived today from Xtreme Patinball. Yellow w/ black splash, it's a little cloudy so I couldn't get real good pics:( Once again I'm extremely pleased w/ the work of Barry and Carl:)

ChucktheMAGician
06-12-2003, 08:30 PM
..other side
If someone w/ a boo-yaah could get back to me I'd appreciate it. I have a little grey spacer that I can't remember where to put back!

Ironlance7
06-12-2003, 08:34 PM
Wow. Now that has got to be one of the sexiest inanimate objects I've ever seen. Very nice. Not only does it look great, but you also have something truly unique. It deffintly gets my stamp of approval.

ChucktheMAGician
06-12-2003, 08:36 PM
I'll mention it before anyone else, my field strip screw wasn't in all of the way, but something else off is also slightly notice able. I'll leave it a mystery for a couple of days!;)

walker2287
06-12-2003, 08:41 PM
no freak insert but very nice gun best micro ive ever seen

56kSomeGuy
06-12-2003, 09:04 PM
question: did they take out the pin that held in the ball dent thing or did you and also how did they anno without damaging the steel ring inside the micro body? I ask this since I been wanting to re-anno my gun but I don't know if it will damage the ring inside the body and I have no idea how to get the pin thing out of the ball dent. Thanks for any help...

ChucktheMAGician
06-12-2003, 09:08 PM
I took the pin out of the detent, it just pushes right out. There's a spring in there of course so be careful not to lose it. You'll have to ask XPB about the inner steel ring, they found a way to work it out tho!

56kSomeGuy
06-12-2003, 09:19 PM
I keeping pushing but it won't budge!!!! what did you use to push it out??

cheetah256
06-12-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by ChucktheMAGician
I'll mention it before anyone else, my field strip screw wasn't in all of the way, but something else off is also slightly notice able. I'll leave it a mystery for a couple of days!;)

you mean the invisible freak insert? :)

i'm really digging the splash thing...

ChucktheMAGician
06-12-2003, 09:22 PM
I think I just used a small allen wrench. It went back in pretty easy. It's not really a pin it's a little piece of metal rolled, kinda like a teeny tiny metal hotdog bun!:p

ChucktheMAGician
06-12-2003, 09:26 PM
The invisble freak insert isn't the other flaw! It's much smaller than that.

i_baked_cookies
06-12-2003, 11:01 PM
haha tell us what the flaw is!!!

oh yea- that is probably the smallest drop ive ever seen!! dude! take it off! it makes ur magical gun not-so-magical!!!

i like pie

Ultimator
06-12-2003, 11:05 PM
The invisble freak insert isn't the other flaw! It's much smaller than that. There's no jewels on the freak kit?

It's nice to see the gun all done! Very good looking gun, yellow is my thing :)

rehme
06-12-2003, 11:11 PM
i know i know there is no ASA i win!!! :D

man that is a killer anno. how much did it cost to get it.

dcmander
06-13-2003, 12:08 AM
I took the pin out of the detent, it just pushes right out. There's a spring in there of course so be careful not to lose it. You'll have to ask XPB about the inner steel ring, they found a way to work it out tho!

I'm getting my Micro annoed by XPB very soon and I emailed them about it. They are a great company for annodizing. They answered my email within a few days and it was very thorough.

Anyway they explained to me how they can do the micros. What they do is they plug all the holes up with something..Some kinda of yucky stuff. :) Chuck, is the inside of your chamber still the original color? Does it looked like they plugged it up before they dropped it in the dye?

Anyway XPB told me they were doing a micromag in yellow with black splashes ;) I asked them for an example of a micromag and they told me about yours and told me to keep my eyes open! Well it looks great- I am going to wait until the colored Xvalves (with ULE trigger) come out and then I'm going to have them match the pewter color so ill have an all-pewter/(looks like silver) micromag 2k vert feed. :) It will be very sweet.

Anyway Chuck, isn't the detent alluminum? Why didn't you get that matched as well?

Also did you have to take out the jewels on your freak? I ask this because I have a jewel on my Armson Stealth and i was wondering how this is gonna work. Do you have to take the jewel out? Do they do it for you? Is there a way you can cover it somehow? I was gonna email XPB about this jewel issue but i mighnt as well ask you first. Did XPB tell you anything about the jewel, like did they make you take it out?

Please LMK about this...You can PM me if you wish.

Thanks bud! Looks great!!

ChucktheMAGician
06-13-2003, 12:33 AM
It may be hard to see in the pics but my grip screws don't match. Phillips on one side and allen on the other. That will be fixed after tomorrow tho ;) I took the jewels off myself and XPB would want you to do the same. They are just little stickers( the jewels not XPB!) I used a tiny regular screw driver to get under them and pry them off. I replaced the ones on my red parts that were done earlier, but I lost these:( Does anyone know if SP sells just the jewels?
Some of the inside of the body is yellow. I trust Barry, so everythings cool w/ me on the strength and what got or didn't get anodized. The detent is plastic. Thanks for all of the great replies, maybe I'll get to use this Saturday since it's finally gonna stop raining:D

Smokee_2_7
06-13-2003, 12:37 AM
dcmander,

Jewels are just little 'puffy' stickers that are cut to the size of the recess they stick in. Just take a slim sharp object and gently work it under the sticker (jewel). They will come off without too much hassel at all. Super glue works great for putting them back on. Jewel removal is somthing that you need to do before sending the gun in.

ChucktheMAGician, it looks great all put back together. Im glad that you like the way everything turned out. Man, now you need to do a single pic with all 3 of your mags in it- - - you've DEFINITLY got some nice looking guns now!

Carl

dcmander
06-13-2003, 12:39 AM
Hmm..Plastic... O well, I'm going for a pewter/black combo anyway..The black detent will still look cool.

I didn't mean the tolerances of the gun, i just wanted to see if that is how they anno our beloved micros- if they do indeed plug them up! Seems like they do from your description!

So can you replace the jewels? There is probably some threads on this..But can you just pry it off and then stick it back on after they annodize it? What do you use to put it back on?

Awesome gun. :)

ChucktheMAGician
06-13-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by dcmander
But can you just pry it off and then stick it back on after they annodize it? What do you use to put it back on?

I just used super glue on my others.

dcmander
06-13-2003, 12:55 AM
Thanks guys!

XPB, I'm just waiting on the ULE Trigger + Colored Xvalve combo. Then you will see my hot micro! ...and make it even hotter! :) :) :D

Ov3rmind
06-13-2003, 01:34 AM
I know everyone else has already said this, but that Micro looks awesome with that ano.:cool:

automagking182
06-13-2003, 03:52 PM
how do u like the booyaah- im in the process of buyin one thats why im askin

ChucktheMAGician
06-13-2003, 04:38 PM
I liked it alot when it was on this mag, but I haven't shot it on the micro yet because I'm out of air:(

Benfica4ever
06-13-2003, 07:03 PM
They did a real nice job, and im not a fan of micro mags eaither.

Python14
06-16-2003, 02:01 PM
Man, you better get that thing in perfect working order for the 3-man next month. I can't wait to see it for real. Looks almost heavenly.

ignatz
06-16-2003, 03:33 PM
Chuck - Not sure if you're still wondering, but I think the grey spacer should go between the solenoid and the frame so that it solenoid hits the sear in the correct place. You may also have to switch to the RT on/off so you can get the proper length on/off pin for the Micro. I'm pretty sure the Micros take slightly longer on/off pins. HTH.

BTW - Beautiful Micro! I've been waiting to see how yours turned out before sending XPB mine. Many thanks for the testimonial.

ChucktheMAGician
06-16-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by ignatz
Chuck - Not sure if you're still wondering, but I think the grey spacer should go between the solenoid and the frame so that it solenoid hits the sear in the correct place. You may also have to switch to the RT on/off so you can get the proper length on/off pin for the Micro. I'm pretty sure the Micros take slightly longer on/off pins. HTH.

Thanks for the heads up on the little grey piece. It goes near the board somewhere, I just can't remember where. There are little set screws that hold the solenoid in place. Thanks also for the info on the on/off. I still haven't got air to test it out!:(