PDA

View Full Version : Do it yourself?

Trenon
08-23-2001, 02:24 PM
I was just wondering if anyone out there with some time and allot of electrical know how would be interested in helping me make an electric trigger. The only 2 u can buy are highly overpriced and i think nwith a little work and money I could probably make one for 60 buck. The only problem is i only have a basic understanding ouf electronics.
If your intrested reply.

donggie
08-23-2001, 02:29 PM
Trennon,

Electronics play a larger role in the development of the "electronic trigger" than you may think. Unfortunately it isn't as easy as it looks. Sounds simple enough I know but... Good luck tho.

Don

Trenon
08-23-2001, 02:36 PM
I do not intend to make a fance electric trigger. Mine will have semi- automatic only. and it probably wond even have a display. But it will have an incredibly short trigger pull and it won't have a max rof like factory made models do.

Yama
08-23-2001, 03:21 PM
if u ever figure out how to do one, it will be awsome.

Micromag5371
08-23-2001, 03:29 PM
I kinda got bored on one of my nights (i got insomnia) and devised a way to make a nasty trigger, from autococker parts. you would have to do some tinkering, and you would need the ram to pull the sear, kinda like the E-mags sear. base you plan on that and it would be alot easier. you would need a autococker reg,(front block I.e. a stabilizer) a 3 way which can somehow be connected to the trigger...i saw a pic, and i forgot what site it is at.
good luck

------------------
"It takes a man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at him."

micromag s/n 003554
need a pic?- http://www.geocities.com/unblood/Paintball.html

2UnREal
08-23-2001, 06:36 PM
You would be better off with a Humphrey H040 4E1 valve. Then you would only need to put a switch behind the trigger. Getting the right parts would be easy. Hooking it up is the hard part. Solenoids are better than rams for that short of a throw. You only need a mm or something like that am I right?

So, this is what I would do. Get the solenoid that the hyperframes use. Regulate the voltage down to what ever the solenoid needs and put a huge motherf****ing diode on it. That's what my hyperframe has. Also, you need a dwell. Have Blue from the Tinkers Guild tech forum can probably make a you a kit that will have the right dwell and the right voltage. It would probably cost you 50 for the board. 40 for the solenoid. And a lot of time hooking this stuff up. Hope this helps!

Trenon
08-23-2001, 11:56 PM
and up we go

Andrew Cunje
01-02-2005, 07:16 PM
fill us in if u ever get one to work :) :rofl: